Anyone been on or thought of going on their own Indy adventure?

Today I hiked prehistoric mysterious site: (taken from the NPS.gov site):
"Mysterious Spruce Hill is the world?s largest Hopewell hilltop enclosure and one of only three such rare hilltops surrounded by a mound of stone. Though little remains of the stone walls, hikers will get a sense of scale for the prehistoric project when standing in the middle of the mesa. Spruce Hill is not normally open to the public without prearrangements, so this is an uncommon opportunity to explore this amazing site within the scenic Paint Valley."

I also managed to squeeze into my Europe vacation next month, a trip to Wewelsburg Castle...Himmler's SS Castle, which sounds very Indiana Jones-ish:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wewelsburg, then the next day I'm following in Young Indy's footsteps on the battlefield of Verdun.

'Baywatch' Babe Donna D'Errico Cancels Quest for Noah's Ark

mp-05000233.jpg

Donna D'Errico is canceling her life-long dream quest to find Noah's Ark because she fears if she makes the trip, she might never return.

D'Errico announced her plans in January to head out on an expedition to Mount Ararat in Turkey -- where the Bible says the Ark came to rest -- something she's wanted to do since she was a little girl. She's been training to make the climb for the past 12 weeks and it's all been filmed for an eight-part documentary.

But now D'Errico is scrapping the plans, saying she now fears for her safety if she goes.

First, her hiking partner canceled because of death threats. Then, her guide (a local Kurdish man) "relentlessly attempted to talk [her] out of" going, D'Errco said, and eventually he jumped ship as well.

davidraphael

I've been on quite a few adventures of my own.
I'm from the UK, but I've lived in Russia (where I was shot at), the US, the Bavarian Alps, Poland, Ireland, and now I'm in Germany. I've also travelled to the Ukraine, China, South Africa, Egypt (where I narrowly avoided the Luxor Massacre) and a healthy handful of other locations..

Last year I did a 'proper' Indy trip: I travelled to a remote monastery in East Tibet (complete with fedora, of course! That said, all the nomads wear fedoras there and have done so since meeting Westerners in the early 20th C).

The trip was a real eye-opener. I even managed to acquire a couple of 'artefacts that belong in a museum': ancient wood print blocks from the monastery.

Here's a picture of my shadow at the monastery (I couldn't resist!)
Below that, some images from there.

img1213di.jpg

ddsgsdgsdg.jpg

img12190dssd1.jpg

IndyJoey

My indy adventures

When i was little i used to go camping all the time, and i think 4 years ago i went to catalina and explored some caves there, and i have visited Calico ghost town many times with my dad, and last summer i went river rafting near Coloma, where the california gold rush started, and this summer im going to visit the peat bogs in ireland. Oh and i might visit moaning caverns this summer too, which is also in california, near sacramento.

Demi-Lune

I've been talking for years about going to Jordan with a friend who works for the government and often goes abroad, if we can get organized and get enough friends on board.

The "Indy" aspect comes in because it would definitely include a trip to Petra, a.k.a. where the Grail temple is located.