new Indy Answer from Hasbro

petsnakereggie

There's no way there isn't a large number of TOD figures out there for the USA Market. They didn't make figures for the Canadian market before the USA. There will be some showing up and in piles. Don't pay Ebay Canadian prices. The USA is the big market for everything period!

JTKenobi

tnswman said:
I hope that helps.

Thanks much for the response. Interesting thoughts. This is a really fun topic for me especially since these figures have been an endless source of frustration for me. It's fun in a sick kind of way for me, but I won't rest until I find these things.

My biggest question in response was basically what petsnakereggie said above. How could they have made so many Tri-Logo figures for the Canadian market and UK market (correct me if I'm wrong here but I think the UK gets Tri-Logo cards) but so few for the US? You would think that Hasbro would make figs for the US market first since it's the largest, not the other way around. This is what makes me think that they're out there somewhere in some Area 51-type warehouse waiting to see the light of day.
And this is the source of my hope that these will be turning up somewhere, someday, eventually.

Please let it be so!

UIMJ

The market declares the value. I understand that everyone wants a "deal", but if you are a fan, and you want the figs then you are paying what the market demands and in many ways that's okay for the hobby (at this point).

tnswman

UIMJ said:
The market declares the value. I understand that everyone wants a "deal", but if you are a fan, and you want the figs then you are paying what the market demands and in many ways that's okay for the hobby (at this point).

That's the absolute truth.

As fans, it is good for the whole realm of Indy collectibles that the modern line has figures that are holding real value. However, if you don't have them, it is concerning.

petsnake: As far as there being a huge stash of these figures just waiting for shelf space...Uhmmmmm, NO! Sorry, you are so very wrong. The common thoughts about figure lines are thrown out here regarding not only the problems at retail that created the shortage but the simple fact that Hasbro knew that the line was over in early august. the adjustments that were made only hit one wave..the TOD wave.

It is right to think that there are TONS of TLC figures out there but NOT TOD...We will see a few re-stocks here and there but remember, those cases have VERY FEW TOD figures in them. So, they are really only serving one collector at a time.

Again, in regards of value, you just can't really expect to pay retail prices for the TOD wave now for retired figures. There are still a LOT of people that are needing the TOD wave and as time goes by, the prices will go up and people will just have to pay it.

Lambonius

According to a guy over at Rebelscum, something in the neighborhood of 70 cases of TOD just showed up at Entertainment Earth. Seems like online is where any leftover stock is going.

tnswman

Lambonius said:
According to a guy over at Rebelscum, something in the neighborhood of 70 cases of TOD just showed up at Entertainment Earth. Seems like online is where any leftover stock is going.

That's really good. I'm amnxious to see what other e-tailers show up with them. I would say that several cases were broken and AFA'd for certain dealers.

petsnakereggie

The Fact that there finally showing up at E retailers just confirms what I said. They don't make Tri-Logo Figures for Canadian Markets over the USA Market. They will show up and cheap. Also it is well to note this fact E-Earth actually lowered their Price from the increase. There may not be millions but there are plenty coming to some local stores. Happy Hunting everyone. Can't wait to post when I find them for $4.00 bucks or less each. (y)

NickTurner

Any TOD I would buy - especially the thug so I can finally do a great "Pat Roach" beat 'em up buff but chunky German Mechanic!

Do a fellow "Raven" proud and put that $$ where your mouth, err, typing is!

Would cost plus postage do - - huh? huh?

It's time to ask yourself, "What do you believe?"

Choose wisely!

tnswman

petsnakereggie said:
The Fact that there finally showing up at E retailers just confirms what I said. They don't make Tri-Logo Figures for Canadian Markets over the USA Market. They will show up and cheap. Also it is well to note this fact E-Earth actually lowered their Price from the increase. There may not be millions but there are plenty coming to some local stores. Happy Hunting everyone. Can't wait to post when I find them for $4.00 bucks or less each. (y)

Uhhhhh, How is it that you think that since they are at EE that they will be found for $4.00 at a discount store? I think you are over-looking the fact that the production levels are far off from normal.

Let's say that EE did get 70 cases..That's just 70 sets of TOD figures and I guarantee that several of those sets are set-aside for either collector stock or grading.

We may all be surprised but I don't look for the TOD wave to be blown out.

JTKenobi said:
My biggest question in response was basically what petsnakereggie said above. How could they have made so many Tri-Logo figures for the Canadian market and UK market (correct me if I'm wrong here but I think the UK gets Tri-Logo cards) but so few for the US? You would think that Hasbro would make figs for the US market first since it's the largest, not the other way around. This is what makes me think that they're out there somewhere in some Area 51-type warehouse waiting to see the light of day.
And this is the source of my hope that these will be turning up somewhere, someday, eventually.

To claify something about the tri-language figs; the cards are generic to save money and my sources tell me that they were 'commissioned' from the remaining stock (repackaged) exclusively for Wal-Mart Canada. They were the only ones to receives these figures -- and were put out at clearance prices right away. Hasbro Canada has used this tact (with Wal-Mart) in the past to move stuff really fast to make it go away.

JTKenobi

throwmetheidol said:
To claify something about the tri-language figs; the cards are generic to save money and my sources tell me that they were 'commissioned' from the remaining stock (repackaged) exclusively for Wal-Mart Canada. They were the only ones to receives these figures -- and were put out at clearance prices right away. Hasbro Canada has used this tact (with Wal-Mart) in the past to move stuff really fast to make it go away.

Ouch. That's not good news. :( Thanks for sharing. May I ask what kind of 'source' this is. Someone in Hasbro, Wal-Mart.....?

Goonie

throwmetheidol said:

Les, the TOD figs made their way to Toys R Us as well. I did see Chief Temple Guard, Temple Guard, and Mola Ram. I wanted to get the one and only Mola Ram fig that they had but I didn't have enough money at the time. I also figured for the price TRU was selling them I could get two or three figs at Walmart. I did go back a few days later, but sadly Mola Ram was adopted by someone else. The TOD figs hit the pegs at both Walmart and Toys R Us just one week before Christmas here. It's funny, you go into Walmart and Indy is long gone, but at TRU, the Indy toys (whatever is left) is still selling at full price.

throwmetheidol said:
They were the only ones to receives these figures -- and were put out at clearance prices right away. Hasbro Canada has used this tact (with Wal-Mart) in the past to move stuff really fast to make it go away.

Aside from repacking, isn't that what Hasbro did with POTF2 Star Wars figures through KB toys around the turn of the century? ('99-'00).

tnswman

throwmetheidol said:

Much like the old Kenner SW Canadian Multi packs right? I never considered Hasbro finishing off orders in canada with un-sold stock but it makes sense. It also clears up the question of timing too.

tnswman

JTKenobi said:
Ouch. That's not good news. :( Thanks for sharing. May I ask what kind of 'source' this is. Someone in Hasbro, Wal-Mart.....?

Les and I and someone else that I forget ( sorry ) have been telling information from inside of Hasbro, Retailers, and so on for a while. So, don't be surprised if Les didn't get it from both sources.

so, just to clear things up with the new members that the information that is told is accurate and can be a good lead for you.

Ahhhh Les, remember the good old days a year ago when we were just getting the Indy figures from Hong Kong :) And when Hasbro / Lucasfilm about got us for showing the Monopoly game before it was announced? LOL!! we will have those days again I'm sure :)

Sea Monarch

Hasbro Indy squatters!

I find this kinda funny, and kinda sad simultaneously. Apparently some of Hasbro's Indy line are union members. This is based on the observation that all they seem to be capable of doing is sitting on their butts eating donuts all day. Perhaps they're claiming squatter's rights. At any rate, they still lurk, perhaps at a toy store near you.

I refer, of course, to certain (not so) collectable Indy toys that can still be bought next to the newest toys, at least in my city. Take a wild guess which ones! Toy's 'R Us still has several Indy Adventure Heroes on one or two pegs. The lot that remains are all Belloq w/ the Ark ghost, which I thought were some of the cooler ones. They had one AH left of Sallah and the mummy 2 months ago, but that sold recently.
They also have several 12" Mutt Williams (t-shirt). Suuprize, Suuprize! One reason I'm sure these have taken forever to find a home Is that our TRU took till 2009 or 10 to clearance Mutt from $20 to about $14. I think they are now asking $9 as of Jan 2011. The other reason is that nothing says adventure like T-shirted Mutt and Belloq in bathrobes. The Adv. Heroes are finally $4.99. Not even half price yet! Take a hint
Also, Big Lots had several Young Indy, LC Indy, and RPG Indy. Now they are down to just River Phoenix, although that may have changed in the last 2 months. Big Lots is still asking $3.88. Not bad, but ridiculous in light of how old these are, and considering that I saw some Dr. Henry Jones Sr's (and others) for $1.00 @ Wal-Mart back at end of 2008, early 2009.

Just an update and continued confirmation on bankability of certain figures and poor sales strategy of certain retailers. I honestly think TRU doesn't even know, or care that they have about 15-20 toys leftover from a movie going on 3 years old now. And it took nearly 2 years to clearance them.
Reminds me of how in late summer of '08, Wal-Mart had extra room for figures and tons of pegwarmers, but only upon bringing to their attention did they open their backstock for me. And that's when I found multiple Sean Connery's, etc.
Just curious. Is anybody else still seeing these figures in regular retail, and priced to squat. :confused: :rolleyes: ;)

Montana Smith

Sea Monarch said:
I find this kinda funny, and kinda sad simultaneously. Apparently some of Hasbro's Indy line are union members. This is based on the observation that all they seem to be capable of doing is sitting on their butts eating donuts all day. Perhaps they're claiming squatter's rights. At any rate, they still lurk, perhaps at a toy store near you.

I refer, of course, to certain (not so) collectable Indy toys that can still be bought next to the newest toys, at least in my city. Take a wild guess which ones! Toy's 'R Us still has several Indy Adventure Heroes on one or two pegs. The lot that remains are all Belloq w/ the Ark ghost, which I thought were some of the cooler ones. They had one AH left of Sallah and the mummy 2 months ago, but that sold recently.
They also have several 12" Mutt Williams (t-shirt). Suuprize, Suuprize! One reason I'm sure these have taken forever to find a home Is that our TRU took till 2009 or 10 to clearance Mutt from $20 to about $14. I think they are now asking $9 as of Jan 2011. The other reason is that nothing says adventure like T-shirted Mutt and Belloq in bathrobes. The Adv. Heroes are finally $4.99. Not even half price yet! Take a hint
Also, Big Lots had several Young Indy, LC Indy, and RPG Indy. Now they are down to just River Phoenix, although that may have changed in the last 2 months. Big Lots is still asking $3.88. Not bad, but ridiculous in light of how old these are, and considering that I saw some Dr. Henry Jones Sr's (and others) for $1.00 @ Wal-Mart back at end of 2008, early 2009.

Just an update and continued confirmation on bankability of certain figures and poor sales strategy of certain retailers. I honestly think TRU doesn't even know, or care that they have about 15-20 toys leftover from a movie going on 3 years old now. And it took nearly 2 years to clearance them.
Reminds me of how in late summer of '08, Wal-Mart had extra room for figures and tons of pegwarmers, but only upon bringing to their attention did they open their backstock for me. And that's when I found multiple Sean Connery's, etc.
Just curious. Is anybody else still seeing these figures in regular retail, and priced to squat. :confused: :rolleyes: ;)

I haven't noticed the Hasbro Indy figures recently, but a local Poundstretcher had loads of the those horribly deformed 1/4 scale Raider's Indys (£24.99 each I think - they also had 1/4 Star Wars Empereros, Luke Jedi, and Ob-Wan). These were once priced at £60+, but up close they look cheap and nasty.