Sad news - Margaret Tyzack

Demitasse

Aww, that's very sad news. She was really really great in the Young Indy episodes. Really enjoyed her performance as Miss Seymour, especially in London, 1916.

"Turn your clever inquisitive mind to your dreams, make something of yourself. I know you will."

Rest in peace.

Stoo

Demitasse quoting Miss Seymour said:
"Turn your clever inquisitive mind to your dreams, make something of yourself. I know you will."
Great line, Demitasse. She was excellent in the Young Indy series, especially in the London & Florence episodes. Now this makes 2 actors who played main, recurring characters that are gone.:( May Maggie Tyzack rest in peace.

Rocket posted this in the general R.I.P thread. Check out the photo.
Rocket Surgeon said:
Shame...though she did work with some greats! Didn't realize she was in 2001!

"Elena" is a Soviet scientist and old friend of Dr. Heywood Floyd.

Margaret-Tyzack-300x188.jpg
I didn't realize she was in "2001" either! Wow.

phantom train

Very sad. She brought a real sense of class to the YIJC.

I also especially enjoyed her performance in the "London 1916" episode when Indy went to visit her before heading off to the War. I always got the impression she was supposed to be older on the show than she actually was in real life; I know that they aged her for the "London" episode, and possibly the earlier shows (with the little Indy, C.C.).

Also had no idea she was in "2001", which I just recently re-watched. I will have to look for her the next time I see this.

AnnieJones said:
Wow,in the picture above I never would have guessed that was her.
It's the hair...has to be. She's not some raving beauty, but the tilt to her head, her expression and, well her hair...not a bad picture at all.:eek:

Margaret-Tyzack-300x188.jpg

Stoo

phantom train said:
Also had no idea she was in "2001", which I just recently re-watched. I will have to look for her the next time I see this.
Geez, I just looked at IMDB and she was in "A Clockwork Orange", too! (And in "The Legacy" with Roger Daltrey!)

Rocket Surgeon said:
It's the hair...has to be. She's not some raving beauty, but the tilt to her head, her expression and, well her hair...not a bad picture at all.:eek:
I think she looks great in that photo. Here's one when she was even younger.

140.jpg

T.E.Lawrence

:(
Amazing actress.
She gave such a strenght to the series.
Now Indy's return to London after the Great War has become reality :(
Such a moving scene after he found out that she died with the music theme in the background :(

Crack that whip

I don't know how I missed this earlier, but I feel bad about coming to it only now, and worse that she's gone, of course. When the show began I didn't think I was necessarily going to care much about Ms. Seymour, but I quickly came to cherish her and all she brought to the series, and Margaret Tyzack was of course a huge part of that.

RIP. You'll be missed.

:(