Indiana Jones and the Attempt to Tell Temple of Doom from Memory Thread

Sam Falco

Indy: Uh, altimiter... Okay. Airspeed... Okay. Fuel.... Fuel... (taps the console) Fuel! (engine whines and dies as the plane runs out) I think we got a big problem...

bonoferox

Indy runs to the back. Willie points out the window at the oncoming mountaintop.

Indy: "Shorty, get our stuff!"

bonoferox

"Grab on shorty! Tight!"

Willie screams as they fall out of the plane, the raft inflates and they land on the snow as the plane crashes.

Willie: "Put on the brakes!"

The sled through a mountain snow region and come to a clearing.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?"

They fall over a cliff into rapids.

"I hate the water! And I hate getting wet! And I hate YOU!"

"Good! Good!"

The rapids subside and they are being watched.

"Alright, Shorty. You okay?

"Where are we?"

"India."

"How do you know that?"

Indy puts his hands together and nods to the old man.

They are taken to the Mayapore village.

Dust McAlan

EXT/Mayapore Village/Day: Indy, Willie and Short Round are led to a decimated village, which looks as though it's been razed. As they approach, the villagers leave their houses, all of them adults, slightly older than Indy. They moan and speak in muddled, frightened tones, reaching out to Indy as if he were Christ walking among them. One of the women tries to lead Short Round away in her grief, but he stays.

INT/Shaman's Hut/Day: Indy and the others are sitting on the ground. A pair of women approach, delivering "plates" of food, the plates looking like giant leaf fronds. Willie takes hers, looks at it, and holds it towards Indy.

Willie: I can't eat this.

Indiana (berating): That's more food than these people eat in a month. They're starving.

Willie (holds plate to woman): Oh, I'm sorry, here you---

Indiana: No. They want you to eat it.

Willie goes cold.

Willie: I'm not hungry.

Indiana smiles, a little nervously, in an attempt to hold back his frustration.

Indiana: You're insulting them, and you're embarassing me.

The villagers push her to eat, as does the village chief. Willie takes a big gob of the paste, waves aside a fly, and eats, as does Indy, who has a smile of satisfaction on his face.

The_Raiders

I thought it was suposed to be one line too. Anyways

Indy: "Can you provide us with a guide to take us to Dehli? I'm a porfessor, I have to get back to my university."

Dust McAlan

thelaw said:
Are we getting these lines from the script?

And I thought we were only doing one line at a time.
Yeah, I thought we were doing one line at a time, then the post before mine was longer, so I got a little crazy and wrote mine in script format. I didn't pull it from the script, I merely wrote it that way. Sorry.

To continue....

(village chief says something about someone will guide them to Dehli, don't remember the line)

Shaman: First you will go to Pankot Palace.