Any ToD fans out there?

LostArk

I'm planning on rewatching Temple of Doom soon and I was thinking that it'd be nice to watch/discuss it live with other fans of this great under-rated movie. We'd have to choose a time and date though.

martinland

LostArk said:
great under-rated movie
What? It's been my favourite for many many years. Of course I caught up w/ Raiders on the silver screen twice after that (and I have to acknowledge it's original position - it's unmatched in that respect of course) and paid for seven visits to keep up w/ the Joneses years later - but Temple has a very very special place in my heart. In fact I did watch it as the last one in "preparation" for Crystal Skull, hehe. :whip:

LostArk

martinland said:
What? It's been my favourite for many many years. Of course I caught up w/ Raiders on the silver screen twice after that (and I have to acknowledge it's original position - it's unmatched in that respect of course) and paid for seven visits to keep up w/ the Joneses years later - but Temple has a very very special place in my heart. In fact I did watch it as the last one in "preparation" for Crystal Skull, hehe. :whip:

You do know what under-rated means, do you?
And since you love it so much, I'm sure you'd be willing to watch it again soon, wouldn't you? :cool:

Iandiana

I've been thinking I'm alone all these years. For me it just feels like an old movie with classic chases and suspense. I wish somebody would do an old style trailer for it with

SEE Indy fall in LOVE!
SEE Indy POSSESSED!
WATCH The Maharajah's dancing WOMEN!
DISCOVER the secret of the TEMPLE OF DOOM!

or something like that.

indyclone25

temple of doom is my fav

great story and very good cast --- most people complain about willie --but c'mon its hard to play a whiny brat,i think kate capshaw was awesome (and not bad to look at) the story was solid and that was nothing compared to the stunts ----- so yes most people may complain its the worst of the series -- but have you really watched last crusade and seen some of the stuff in that ---- not that im saying its bad --- but not better than temple --- that's that!!!!

LostArk

I'm glad you all like it but you haven't said anything about my plan to rewatch it and discuss it live...

yodazone

LostArk said:
I'm planning on rewatching Temple of Doom soon and I was thinking that it'd be nice to watch/discuss it live with other fans of this great under-rated movie. We'd have to choose a time and date though.

The most under-rated of all of 'em!

And it has the best soundtrack by John Williams!

LostArk

yodazone said:
The most under-rated of all of 'em!

And it has the best soundtrack by John Williams!

The soundtrack is great but I prefer Raiders'. Here's my favorite theme from Temple:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OLmt1g6tXqw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OLmt1g6tXqw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited:

Nurhachi1991

Indys best moment was from TOD

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8TRAnly5viA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8TRAnly5viA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Mrs_Fedora

Temple of Doom was my first Indy ever. Deeply love it!

I was about 12 when i saw the 'historical' things like the dinner scene, the ripping heart out of chest scene and the rope bridge scene. And i remember all those times sitting at the dinner table, having ice and saying: 'Aaah! Chilled Monkey Brains' (y) :D (y)

martinland

LostArk said:
You do know what under-rated means, do you?
And since you love it so much, I'm sure you'd be willing to watch it again soon, wouldn't you? :cool:
Sure thing - I'd love to join anyone watching it!
And yes: :hat:
I know the meaning of under-rated, it's just that I felt this to be an understatement! :gun: :) Hehe! :cool:

martinland

Iandiana said:
old style trailer for it with

SEE Indy fall in LOVE!
SEE Indy POSSESSED!
WATCH The Maharajah's dancing WOMEN!
DISCOVER the secret of the TEMPLE OF DOOM!

LOL, priceless! That would be great!

Which reminds me of the goosebumps I use(d) to get when watching 'Anyrthing Goes' and thinking: "Yeah, here we going again, another Indy ride!"

*sigh* Love it. A beginning only 'Temple' can provide... ;)

The_Raiders

I LOVE TOD! My first favorite is ROTLA, followed closly by TOD, then KOTCS, then LC. But I like them all about the same, I think TOD has the best score too. The music that plays when Indy is swining towords the mine cart is my favorite out of ALL the movies, and it only lasts afew seconds :(