Lost Tales

Junior Jones

Now that the Raven is back, I might as well plug my fanfic site again.

It's got an original Young Indy story, a Young Indy story based on the video game Instruments of Death, and two based on Find Your Fate Adventures.

The address is: http://home.earthlink.net/~pandersonfam/

Check it out and let me know what you think. I can take criticism as long as its constructive.

Junior Jones

In honor of Indiana Jones's 105th birthday today, I have added another "Find Your Fate" adaptation to my website.

Check it out and feel free to offer any comments or constructive criticism here.

Lord Excalibur

Great timeline

Where did you got the information that an Young Indy tvshow was going to take place in Stockholm (Sweden, my homecountry :))

Junior Jones

I had heard that there were some episodes that were planned, but never produced. Then, back in 2000 Micah Johnson posted an article at IndyFan.com

http://www.indyfan.com/articles/yijchb.html

I also read an article with Jonathan Hales about writing Star Wars II. In it he also talked about writing for Young Indiana Jones and mentioned at least one episode that wasn't made.

By the way, being from Sweden, would you have any idea what historical event would have taken place or what famous person would have been in Stockholm in December of 1909? I've tried to research that, but haven't found anything useful.

Finn

Staff member
Junior Jones said:
Stockholm in December of 1909? I've tried to research that, but haven't found anything useful.
It's an annual event - the Nobel prizes, 10th of December. Check 1909 Nobelists (the prizes have been shared since 1901) and try to locate a person or achievement of possible interest.

Junior Jones

Thank you! I knew about the Nobel Prize, but I never made the connection. Now I have some research to do. Thanks again!

Lord Excalibur

Indy would maybe have met Selma Lagerlöf during the Nobel Prize. You the writer of Nils Holgersson's wonderful travels (I don't know the title on English). Selma took the Nobel Prize in 1909

Finn

Staff member
Lord Excalibur said:
Nils Holgersson's wonderful travels (I don't know the title on English).
<i>The Wonderful Adventures of Nils</i>, also known as <i>The Journey of the Little One</i>. Liked this one a lot when I was a kid, my mom used to read it to me.

Finn

Staff member
Nah, it's not Indiana Jones history that fascinates me... it's the <i>actual</i> history.

Junior Jones

I love the actual history, too, and how it ties in with Indiana Jones history. That's why I love The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles so much.

After finishing school, I rarely read anything but fiction, novels, etc. But you should never stop learning, so way back, just after the show was cancelled, I started a self-improvement course. Starting with the first episode of YIJC, I went to the library and checked out biographies on Lawrence of Arabia and Howard Carter. Then I read about Norman Rockwell, and Pablo Picasso and other impressionist artists. Then I read Teddy Roosevelt's own account of his African safari. And on and on.

I am a more well-rounded person because of Indiana Jones. And it's amazing how accurate most (not all) of Indiana Jones history is.

I had heard a rumor some time ago that Lucas had commissioned several documentary filmmakers to produce biographies of the historic characters in YIJC, for inclusion on the eventual DVD's. I really hope that is true.

Junior Jones

*bump*

Finally, after 10 months, I have added another new story to my site. This one's about Young Indiana Jones and takes place 100 years ago this month. Click on Princeton, 1905 to read it.

As always, I want my stories to be the best they can be, so feel free to comment and make suggestions.

Enjoy!

BTW, the address is: http://home.earthlink.net/~pandersonfam/

Junior Jones

I guess it really belongs here, since it's fan-fic.

I just posted in the Young Indy forum so that Young Indy fans would be sure to see it.

Junior Jones

Big BUMP!

Wow, I had to dig this thread out of page 17!

Anyway, I updated my site for the first time in a while. I'll be updating it again soon with another new Young Indy story (the title's there, but no link yet).

Also, I updated my timeline (it's two pages now). I decided to revert back to the original Young Indiana Jones Chronicles episode timeline.

http://home.earthlink.net/~pandersonfam/index

Any problems or suggestions, please let me know.

muttjones

umm....its all a bunch of code. maybe u left out something. i dont think its my computer cos its very new.

Junior Jones

muttjones said:
umm....its all a bunch of code.

Uh oh. I did this at home, but it's coming up fine on my work computer.

Make sure you're using the new link (in post #18) and not the original one.

Is anyone else having this problem?