Mad Magazine Indy parodies

JuniorJones said:
It's been in the archive all the time... but surprised no-one else stepped forward.
I find it hard to believe you're surprised.
Show me the collectors who have put up anything that isn't just as easily googled for the members here...

There's no one...you're on your own, on an island by yourself. The majority are misers or thieves, (saw my shoddy MS Paint doctored Indy/Marion Raven Kiss photo making rounds yesterday!).

Not to blow too much smoke, but credit where its due you're it laddie.

Its why I'm not so shocked when you pelt someone who comes here and just begs.

On that note, please add me to the Memories PM queue.:eek:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
It's amazing this emerged at all, with or without my recollection, since a Google / Bing / Yahoo search yields almost no mention of the parody outside the Raven. I'll take your word that collectors are concealing items few have heard of. I suspect it's true with the Lost Treasures, but why sit on an item like this for decades? Just to feel special? Why not hype the rarity and drive up the value?

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
I find it hard to believe you're surprised.

No, I wasn't. I was faking it.

RS said:
Show me the collectors who have put up anything that isn't just as easily googled for the members here...There's no one...you're on your own, on an island by yourself. The majority are misers or thieves...

...it's a real missed opportunity as there are lots of things we may never see.

RS said:
(saw my shoddy MS Paint doctored Indy/Marion Raven Kiss photo making rounds yesterday!)

Now, that's desperate!!

RS said:
Not to blow too much smoke, but credit where its due you're it laddie.

I do try. If it wasn't for yourself we would never know where to see Indy!!

RS said:
Its why I'm not so shocked when you pelt someone who comes here and just begs. On that note, please add me to the Memories PM queue.:eek:

Begging with irony.

Pricessless.

Your in the queue!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Moedred said:
It's amazing this emerged at all, with or without my recollection, since a Google / Bing / Yahoo search yields almost no mention of the parody outside the Raven.

I imagine larger collector will be aware of the issue and I guess for whatever reason choose not to share that information.

Moedred said:
I'll take your word that collectors are concealing items few have heard of. I suspect it's true with the Lost Treasures, but why sit on an item like this for decades? Just to feel special? Why not hype the rarity and drive up the value?

I guess I was being a bit facetious in what I was saying but there is certain mentality of some collectors that there is a kudos or commercial value in keeping this information to themselves.

Moedred said:
Just to feel special? Why not hype the rarity and drive up the value?

You'd think they would just want to share their passion but when money is involved it makes people do strange things.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
When I subscribed to Mad in the 80's, they sent this gift... which contained movie parodies from only the 60's and early 70's. Indy on the front, Vader on the back, neither inside.

030000741.jpg

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Help! Unknown parody.

Trying to find more parodies and found this on an old hardrive.

SHARK.jpg

Can't remeber scanning it so I suspect it was an internet find. I've no idea (to my shame!) where it is from but would be interested to see the rest.

Any idea's?

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Moedred said:
Okay, you win JJ.
Here's the 6 pages I drew when I was 10.
Nice update! Where's it really from?

Ha! Ha! No-where! I drew it!!

Took the text and Indy from the second panel, added the sickly man and eyepatch character then colored in PSPro and BINGO, instant fake!!

Well, I've got previous for such things...;)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Montana Smith said:
Really?

That was brilliant! (y)

Where was that ten year-old when Lucas and Spielberg were breaking KOTCS?

It is brilliant and should be treated as part of the parody canon.:D

Montana Smith said:
You little faker! :p (Also, brilliant, nevertheless).

Ta! Just looking to build up for next April...

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Sakis said:
Yes you are?

Ha!Ha! Yeah! World's greatest collector of Tosh!

Sakis said:
where did you dig this up?

If I tell you then the fabric of society will tear and we will fall into the nothingness of TV shutdown. I can't let that happen. ;)

You would think that would be the end, wouldn't you. Still got some things that will rock the Indy world....

Last edited: