Disney figures

tnswman

Good Deal...

Yea, I was an Avid Indy collector from Day one.. I was finished with my Collection in 1990 but I kept ading little items along the way just to keep my interest up. so, after Toys McCoy, disney was a HUGE Rush of fresh air.

tnswman

Arab Swordsman said:
Cool, I'm on hold now. Going to get three...one to keep in pack, one to open, and one to give to my son when he gets old enough. He was just born last month but I'm planning ahead. This is going to be an expensive summer!

CONGRATS!!! Just wait until he gets old enough to actually play Indy with old Dad :) That is a GREAT TIME!!! Remember to collect a carded set for him too. Just incase there are a few high priced figures that come out of the new lines....Hasbro keeps hinting that Indy will once again pale in comparason to Star Wars in the sheer # of toys made.

mfisher

Remember to collect a carded set for him too. Just incase there are a few high priced figures that come out of the new lines.
Seeing as your son is as young as he is.. may be a llittle more solid to actually open some kind of real investment account for his future.. ( IRA etc) :p Figures.. while fun.. are a silly way to "invest"

Arab Swordsman

tnswman said:
CONGRATS!!! Just wait until he gets old enough to actually play Indy with old Dad :) That is a GREAT TIME!!! Remember to collect a carded set for him too. Just incase there are a few high priced figures that come out of the new lines....Hasbro keeps hinting that Indy will once again pale in comparason to Star Wars in the sheer # of toys made.

Thanks! I'm going to pick up a set of carded figures for me and then get another set of the main figures and sets for him to play with. The neat thing is I can get him the ones made for smaller kids and he can play with those first until he's old enough for the regular figures.

And I work in accounting so I hope I don't have to rely on figures to invest for his college! If I do I picked the wrong line of work :D

tnswman

mfisher said:
Seeing as your son is as young as he is.. may be a llittle more solid to actually open some kind of real investment account for his future.. ( IRA etc) :p Figures.. while fun.. are a silly way to "invest"

I would sure hope that he would have enough sense to invest in the traditional ways 1st.. Maybe I give people too much credit.

However, The older Indy figures are actually performing above the U.S. Dollar right now... If you sell on ebay U.K. that is :)

Action figures and Collectibles will always be a good investment source if you are smart and pick the rare items. I stick with Vintage items but Hot new products that are in demand can create income on a limited basis that can be used to invest elsewhere.

it's simple, Buy low and sell high. It happens EVERYDAY on ebay with BRAND NEW toys..Look at Star Wars and Gi Joe.... watch this new Indy figure for a while on ebay. If you can earn a Dollar free and clear, EARN IT!

tnswman

Arab Swordsman said:
Thanks! I'm going to pick up a set of carded figures for me and then get another set of the main figures and sets for him to play with. The neat thing is I can get him the ones made for smaller kids and he can play with those first until he's old enough for the regular figures.

And I work in accounting so I hope I don't have to rely on figures to invest for his college! If I do I picked the wrong line of work :D

As long as common sense is part of your daily chores, I think you will be ok. I have made a GREAT living on NASCAR autographs and even am the world's ONLY NASCAR autograph expert. So, Collectibles have done well by me ;)

I LOVE investing money in anything from the Market, Gold, and YES, Comics and Toys.. Real Estate and Land is the tops though ;) I am going to retire on the money I make from my acre in Palm Springs, CA.

not too bad. I was expecting to pay at least 25+ on Ebay. This way I am supporting Disney without helping scalpers!!! Expect lots of pics guys. And a review on my toy blog!!!

tnswman

mattmanw54301 said:
not too bad. I was expecting to pay at least 25+ on Ebay. This way I am supporting Disney without helping scalpers!!! Expect lots of pics guys. And a review on my toy blog!!!

Amen.... If the old Indy figures are going for $35-$50 on the bay, this will hit $80 this week I guarantee it. Look at the Lego set even.

ChromiumBlue37

mattmanw54301 said:

Thank you so much! Looking forward to it!! :whip:

Deckard

Indyologist said:
And since when can you call any Disney park, order something and have them send it to you? I know sure as hell I can't order anything from the Adventure Outpost in FL @ MGM Studios, and it pisses me off. They have all kinds of awesome Indy t-shirts there and I can't get ANY of them. You have to physically go to the park. When I did go there I picked up 2 shirts and I'm dying for more.

Did something change I didn't know of? Are we now able to order from the stores at the park? Please let me know. It would just be such a dream come true for me!! (y)

I have just called them on a telephone and ordered two. Once again you see there is nothing all of you can have which i cannot posses. *Evil Belloq Laugh Bellows Thru House*

OneAngryDwrf

Does anyone know how late the The California store stays open? I am interested in calling them to order some Indys, but I don't know if they will be open after I get off work... Maybe I'll have to call tomorrow morning or when I take my lunch break...

CANT WAIT FOR THIS FIGURE THOUGH!!!

Anyone going to post more pics and write a review?

Nevermind, I just read the above post with regards to the review & pics... Can't wait to read it! (and see them of course!)

TKO the OAD

ya, i live in WI, and called at 11:00 am my time. They werent open!!!! so I had someone call later because I had to be at work. The operator said she was amazed at how we all know they have it. She said they have been getting call after call for New Indy, and they just got him in!!! She asked "how in the world do they KNOW?"

HAHA. Indyfans are well informed. That's all.. :whip: :gun:

tnswman, I am thinking of customizing some 7" scale Nazis for Indy to whoop on. Maybe a German Mechanic out of a WWE figure. Whatcha think?

metalinvader

tnswman said:
I think it is Great...I will buy a case of them when I go to DL in Feb...I did that with the 1st figure and that's the one to invest in.

Talking to the person who did the card art for this package, there will be a 2nd series of this figure after the movie that will show the 1950's Indy from KOTCS. So, this has the chance to be the most limited Indy figure that Disney has made. Much like their 1st 7" Jack Sparrow.

Hmm..Sounds like it would be a simple head swap.Regardless,I'll still be getting it! No doubt it will come with a crystal skull!

Who's got a SKU? I just called and the woman said they do not have it in yet so I can't order it. If I knew the number I could order it. She said to call back next week.

Deckard

Call back and get someone differant, and make sure your calling the right number in CA. Orlando doesnt have them as far as i know. And as others said they were just put in the system today, the women i spoke to knew instantly what i was talking about when i told her i was looking for the new Indiana Jones 7 Inch Action Figure. She was also a bit surprised that i knew about it already.

the woman at the florida park said that they were getting lots of calls about Indy, and that she thought that the CA park had it. She gave me the #1-800-362-4533. option 7. Call that one. the ppl there at the Indy store know ALL about it. the operator was shocked about how many Indy fans called up to order one.

tnswman

Edward The Head said:
Who's got a SKU? I just called and the woman said they do not have it in yet so I can't order it. If I knew the number I could order it. She said to call back next week.

You DO NOT NEED the SKU... The y only ask for the price.. then they call to the outpost store and if they have the item, the clerk in the store pulls the figures off the shelf and another Cast member takes it to shipping.