Who do you want to authorise the Indy 4 Novelization (Both Adult and Junior Versions)

otto rahn

Violet Indy said:
Go Geoffrey! (y) Writer of Cairo Jim and Jocelyn Osgood. Love those books. Actually, funny you said that, I reading the latest one, "Cairo Jim at the Crossroads of Orpheus." It's good so far. The next one comes out this month apparently, but I'll probably get it for Christmas along with the two Young Indy Volumes of DVDs. Sadly, people outside of Australia, have never heard of Geoffrey or Cairo Jim. If I ever become a top filmmaker, man I will do the Cairo Jim movie. I guarantee it.

Max Allan Collins wrote "The Mummy" adaption and did a great job and have ever since tried to get a copy (I borrowed it from a school library).
Exactly why I suggested them! I recently read my first "Jocelyn Osgood"("After the Puce Empress") and think that, written a little more seriously and with the action (and perhaps the violence) "scaled up" they would be perfect adventures for "Indiana Jones" ! Heck, if he were still alive I would have suggested Lloyd Alexander to write an Indy novel. Ever read any of his "Vesper Holly" books ?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Can't say I've heard of "Vespar Holly". I'll have to look that one up. What's those books like?

otto rahn

Violet Indy said:
Can't say I've heard of "Vespar Holly". I'll have to look that one up. What's those books like?
A set of six short novels (less than 150 pages each) set during the 1870's and featuring an adventurous girl named "Vesper Holly" from Philadelphia who gets into adventures all around the world, accompanied by her long suffering guardian (she is sixteen at the start of "The Illyrian Adventure" and her parents are "missing", hence the need for a guardian). Published by Dell as part of their Yearling imprint (which I think means they are meant for teenagers). Some of the later cover blurbs even draw a comparison with Indiana Jones ( "Look out Indiana Jones-here comes Vesper Holly !") although I think it's drawing a bit of a long bow. Vesper isn't a "professional" anything, but she is smart and good at thinking her way out of trouble. I thought that the last book "The Xanadu Adventure" was the weakest of the series. Written between 1986 and 2005 and should be available in the "childrens" section of most large bookshops.

otto rahn

"Violet Indy" mentioning a "Cairo Jim" that I don't have sent me scurrying into the city today (actually I was looking to spend a voucher, given me recently as a birthday present)). Well I spent the voucher (on a new frying pan !) AND dropped into a couple of nearby bookshops to try to get my "Cairo Jim" collection up to date. I didn't realise that I was FIVE titles behind in my collection, but I managed to get three of them. "Cairo Jim at the Crossroads of Orpheus","Cairo Jim and Jocelyn Osgood in Bedlam From Bollywood" and "Cairo Jim and the Astragals of Angkor". I'm still missing two titles but maybe I can get them sometime in the near future.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
"Angkor" is out? Oh crap, I'm missing one! When I hand in that darn essay, I'm buying the new one. I believe you need "Silenus" and "Rameses Regalia" to complete your collection.

otto rahn

Violet Indy said:
"Angkor" is out? Oh crap, I'm missing one! When I hand in that darn essay, I'm buying the new one. I believe you need "Silenus" and "Rameses Regalia" to complete your collection.
Yes those were the two titles I saw mentioned in the back of "Angkor". I couldn't see them at the large bookshops in Sydney today, but i'll look again next time i'm in (tomorrow night), maybe try another shop.

kongisking

Violet Indy said:
Max Allan Collins wrote "The Mummy" adaption and did a great job and have ever since tried to get a copy (I borrowed it from a school library).

I thought he was excellent for it too: added much more details and cool scenes and junk like that. I first read it at a library, and years later I finally bought a fairly-good-condition copy at the used section of my local Barnes and Nobles store. Now I'm trying to somehow get a good-condition, non-ripped-up or pages-falling-out copy of the Mummy Returns novelization too (which I also enjoyed reading, although it takes on a much cheesier and sarcastic tone from the first book).

My main choices for the Kingdom novelization are still: Clive Cussler, J.K. Rowling (I can wonder can't I? She has the good sense of humor and narrative inventiveness that an Indy novel needs [please, ClintonHammond, don't start on this now]) or...I'll think about it...:p :rolleyes: