scotland

adventure_al

Lord_glavin said:
I used to live in Edinburgh for a year when I was 10 but haven't been back there since

welcome to the board

aw you should visit again at least, ive travelled alot but edinburgh is a great city. historically its first class and it has all the myths and legends you could want. a 'terror tour' into the old underground parts of the city is well worth a visit.

Lord_glavin

adventure_al said:
aw you should visit again at least, ive travelled alot but edinburgh is a great city. historically its first class and it has all the myths and legends you could want. a 'terror tour' into the old underground parts of the city is well worth a visit.

yeah, i remember in school we travelled around the underground
us poor 10 year olds being shown where they threw the plague victims and burned them

that prolly explains a lot about me lol

deckard24

adventure_al said:
im from scotland, part of indy's hertitage thanks to henry snr.

any1 else?
I'm not from Scotland originally, but from some investigation into my genealogy it's very possible my ancestors migrated from Scotland to Ireland in the 1700's. From there they stayed in Ireland until coming to the United States roughly 200 years later. I've always wanted to go to Scotland, and I'm looking into a possible trip next summer to the UK. I want to hit London, Scotland, and Ireland in a week and a half to 2 weeks if possible.

Welcome to The Raven!:hat:

adventure_al

deckard24 said:
I'm not from Scotland originally, but from some investigation into my genealogy it's very possible my ancestors migrated from Scotland to Ireland in the 1700's. From there they stayed in Ireland until coming to the United States roughly 200 years later. I've always wanted to go to Scotland, and I'm looking into a possible trip next summer to the UK. I want to hit London, Scotland, and Ireland in a week and a half to 2 weeks if possible.

Welcome to The Raven!:hat:

I guess you need to go to London coming to UK and all but other than your obvious tourist attractions it is seriously over rated and to be honest its a horrible city. I think you seriously need to try and give yourself more time as well, theres so much to see. Scotland alone could take you a few weeks even to just see the main parts. Not to mention the countless castles and heritage sites. You need to go up north. If possible to the Hebrides but that is a trip in itself. There is Orkney too, which has the world famous stone age settlement Skara Brae and Mae's How (don't know if i spelt either right?) I have travelled alot and Scotland is my favourite place in the world. Up north just has to be seen, I can't describe it- it just really stirs something in the soul.