Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

Joe Brody

Not a Pale Horse but a White Horse . . . .

Now let's all give a hearty Teva Five-Finger salute to one of the great non-conformists.

Micah True's death is truth that you can get too much of a good thing but I wouldn't mind cashing out the way he did (and frankly I'm glad that he cashed out before he totally sold out). Stanford Cross Country didn't have anything on this guy.

Anyone that's not familiar with the shoeless running craze that started a few years ago here in the states, you may want to check out this book . . . and I recommend that you do it before the film
(not sure if I trust Sarsgaard). And while True's character will be de-emphasized in the film, I would chose Andrew Wilson to play the White Horse.

Stoo

The Classiest Man in Game Show History - Dead at 79

Richard Dawson, who was the classiest (and most womanizing) male host & guest in American Game Show history, passed away 3 days ago at the age of 79.:(

familyfeud_allstar-richard-dawson.jpg

In my opinion, Richard Dawson's most shining moments were on "Match Game"! 1975 & 1976!(y)

Stoo

Pale Horse said:
He'll be with us always, though...only in a rerun!
Yeah, "Hogan's Heroes"!:D

richard-dawson.jpg

Pale, your picture isn't showing up for me but I followed the link and it's from, "The Running Man". I'd forgotten all about his part in that so thanks for reminding me.:)

Stoo

Pale Horse said:
Indeed it was...but today, this is the "Burning" one to report..
R.I.P Mr. Bradbury. I particularily liked, "The Illustrated Man".

Today is June 6th so he died on D-Day.

Finn

Staff member
For a man who had eternal life as one of his goals, Mr. Bradbury definitely got closer than most do... both figuratively and literally.

Stoo: He apparently died yesterday, making it June 5. Heh... "Short. Always a little short."

Stoo

Finn said:
For a man who had eternal life as one of his goals, Mr. Bradbury definitely got closer than most do... both figuratively and literally.

Stoo: He apparently died yesterday, making it June 5. Heh... "Short. Always a little short."
You're right, Finn. The sources that I first looked at have now changed the date to the 5th. (What is that, "Short. Always a little short.", quote?) Regarding eternal life in the figurative sense: Ray's legacy will hopefully live on...

The 1980 mini-series of "The Martian Chronicles" was awful. Perhaps someday somewhere, someone will pick it up and re-introduce Bradbury's tale to a whole new generation.
Goonie said:
Apart from Goonie, nobody commented on the death of Robin Gibb. Because of the movie, "Saturday Night Fever", the Bee Gees are inextricably connected to the awful era of disco.:sick: That was a grand eclipse to their earlier output which has since faded into obscurity. Quite a shame because their stuff from the late '60s is great! Even though my musical tastes are mod, punk and rock, I do love those early Bee Gees songs.:eek: R.I.P. Robin Gibb.

220px-Best_of_bee_gees.jpg

Last edited:

WilliamBoyd8

Ray Bradbury wrote the story for the excellent 1953 film "It Came from Outer Space".

It was probably the first Western film to feature space aliens.

In one scene, the hero engages in a gunfight with an alien who is wearing a dress belonging to the hero's girlfriend.

:)

HenryJunior

I just found out about Ray Bradbury! In this digital age I find it ironic news of his death took 3 whole days to reach me!
So, so sad now :(

I've had the privilege of teachers that had my classes read 'A Sound of Thunder' and, 'There will come soft Rains'.
I need to go re-read 'The Illustrated Man' now.

Last edited:

Forbidden Eye

Even though he lived a nice long life, that is really too bad. He had a pretty good role in Red a little less than a couple years ago, and it seemed liked he was always doing something, whether attending the TCM Film Festival or being in that Paramount 100th Anniversary poster, it gave him the illusion as though he were immortal. May he R.I.P.

Borgnine's death really reminds me how outside of a few exceptions(Kirk Douglas, Mickey Rooney, Lauren Bacall, Sidney Poitier etc.) the Golden Era of Hollywood is pretty much extinct.