Customizing Indy Figures

SPECTER

If anyone was thinking of painting a good sculpt of old Indy into a young Indy, save your time and money. KOTCS Indy head is to fat looking wile most Raiders heads iv seen are too skinny. it was just a test but it looks like Old Indy just got a dye job

SPECTER

i just tried with a different figure painting the hair works great with RPG Indy's head, the hair mold on KOTCS with CS doesnt look right brown but RPG's is just right.

Billy Ray

Really? I haven't really scrutinized them side by side, but I assumed they were the same head sculpt on both figures.

Montana_Jones

I take it some vehicle and aircraft models in the 1:18 scale would also work for the line? 21st Century Extreme action figures look quite good for Nazi troop building. Only saw some Afrika Korps. None Berlin area i.e. Last Crusade. Thinking of buying some Nazi Soldiers and doing minor repaints on the arms, legs and such to make it look more like cloth instead of plastic. Of course my custom painting skills are absolutely sh!te but what can you do?

DetectiveFork

I really like the Ford likeness on the Pitfall figure. Will the head of that figure easily transfer to the body of the Indy that comes with the horse?

KSC2-303

Hey everyone. I know the new 12" figures haven't been well received, but with a little work you can really do them some justice.

This is a combination of both the Talking and Whipping Hasbro Indys. Nothing has been added except some paint.

fin3.jpg

indycustom1.jpg

If anyone's interested. I can post a tutorial over in the fanwork forum.

Goonie

Once I get two more relic Sankara Stones, I'm thinking of making a display for the three of them with rice lights or LEDs to make them glow.

SPECTER

Just a tip to anyone trying to make a perfect young Indy with no hat be sure to use RPG Indy's head repaint the hair dark,dark brown=Raiders Brown=TOD lighterBrown=LC then repaint the stubble based per movie
mine looks soo much better now ill post pics when i get a chance.

DrBeezer

My super kitbashed Indy and Tanis Indy... It cost me almost $30 to put the kitbash Indy together... but I love him.

IJ_Raiders_Indy2.jpg

IJ_TanisIndy_Mod2.jpg

My super kitbashed Indy and modded Tanis Indy... It cost me almost $30 to put the kitbash Indy together, (Crystal body for the small sculpted holster and proper sized neck, Raiders head for the best likeness of Indy with sculpted hat (had to dremel out his head a bit to fit on the new peg), Horse whip for the best size/color coiled whip)... but since I was getting those anyway it wasn't a big deal for me, and I love him. I also modded the Tanis Indy to remove some of the turban wrap from under his chin so it hangs a bit like in the movie and made his diary, still need to drybrush some decent stubble on him tho.

Last edited:

Billy Ray

KSC2-303 said:
Hey everyone. I know the new 12" figures haven't been well received, but with a little work you can really do them some justice.

This is a combination of both the Talking and Whipping Hasbro Indys. Nothing has been added except some paint.

fin3.jpg

indycustom1.jpg

If anyone's interested. I can post a tutorial over in the fanwork forum.

Awesome work! Really appreciate the tutorial too.

I like the mod to the Map Room Indy. I was thinking about taking the head from KOTCS Indy and wrapping it with some small strips of white fabric to create a real soft-goods turbin.

The_Raiders

I have been thinking about doing two versions of TOD Indy. But I don't have the right supplies yet. But the first one I thought about doing was a black sleep Indy, I figured I'd take off the Cemetary warriors shirt, and pop the torso off the legs and put it on Indy legs, then I'm still thinking about the arms, I may buy the jacketless Mutt and use his arms, I know what to do about his short sleeves. Then I thought about a TOD bridge finale Indy, I planed on once more using cemetary warriors torso, but sculpting the shirt over it, becasue his left arm will be good for Indys ripped up sleeve, and then replaceing the other arm with Mutt's one again.

DrBeezer

seeing as Hasbro has big plans for the line, I don't have much desire to customize various versions of Indy just yet. I'm sure we're going to see TONS of his versions. I have been slowing amassing fodder tho for various characters in case we don't get them. Right now I'm content just modding the figs to my approval.

I do have a spare Admiral Ozzel head, mustache trimmed and waiting to go on Vogel's body to be Hitler (I'll have to do some work with the cap), Michael Sheard likeness and all :)