Bacon

The Drifter

Bacon is a tad overrated! :eek:
I mean, I like it, but it's not the be-all end-all of culinary delights. I find pepperoni is much better, and can go on about anything.
pepperoni.jpg

roundshort

Pale Horse said:
Sea Urchin, are you serial?!

The wifey and I just indulged our sushi fest on a date last Sat. night. As you know it's a treat to get out sans the offspring. So we don't hold back.

But does it compare to bacon?...well, just maybe.

Actually we like to think of Sea Urchin as Foie Gras of the sea..... Don't tell California or they will ban it.

roundshort

Joe Brody said:
. . .and you probably dig on blood cockle as well.

I am actually a big fan of Cockles. Last time I was in Barcelona I had two orders at Paco Malagro with two orders of Razor Clams...

kongisking

I've recently had the revelation that a truly great burger/chicken sandwich has bacon as an indispensable topping. Unbelievable what it adds.

Mickiana

vaxer said:
bacon wrapped around prunes is really good too... even though americans think it is a medication against constipation (my parents learned that the hard way).

I did a search for Devils on Horseback but nothing came up. But a search through the pages uncovered this. A nice little nibbly as a starter.

It might be easier to ask what bacon doesn't go with.

Mickiana

Pale Horse said:
Ive been know to BBQ bacon wrapped peaches. Sublime.

What's a devil on a horseback?

You already knew. You just didn't know you knew. It was an unknown known... Bacon can do that. :D

Thanks for the link, Monty. More good variations there, recipes that is, not the hijinks of our esteemed Mods, though it is a perfect analogy.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Screw that.. .make it a Lobster Corn Chowder with Applewood Smoked Bacon and Garden Tarragon.

How has life been treating you my good friend?