Uncharted: The Games

Le Saboteur

I only have a couple of minutes now, but that thing you're supposed to like has released a brand spankin' new story trailer. Well, they call it a story trailer but it looks like Naughty Dog learned something from the run up to Drake's Deception -- I can barely tell what the story's about!

Much locations! So wow!

Favorite bit? This one:

giphy.gif

Madagascar has savanna, but those look like cape buffalo. I thought that they could be Watusi cattle, but the massive horns appear to be missing. Neither actually lives on Madagascar -- the foose is the largest endemic mammal -- so I thought it might be South Africa. Baobab trees grow there as well, but those look to be Adansonia grandidieri. Which are only found on Madagascar.

We'll just have to wait and see! New release date: 26 April 2016!

TheFedora

While I am disappointed the release date got pushed back, I understand. Meanwhile, the game looks extremely gorgeous. I will buy this first day thats for sure...

Le Saboteur

TheFedora said:
While I am disappointed the release date got pushed back, I understand.

And pushed back again! It's only two weeks this time, but the new official street date is May 10th, 2016. Except this time the date appears to at long last set in stone as Naughty Dog has announced that the game has "gone gold"!

In order to make the wait more tolerable, Naughty Dog is releasing a behind the scenes look at the making of A Thief's End and the Uncharted series as a whole. So far parts the first and second have been released.

And as always, be forewarned. These may or may not contain spoiler-like information. They remain unseen by myself.

The next two videos deal with the tech that brings all of it together. Naughty Dog shouldn't be able to do this level of work on a four hundred dollar box!

Uncharted4SANDBAGS.gif

Le Saboteur

New behind the scenes video has been uploaded!

A couple of informative pulls as well...

CeJyfG0W0AAWoLo.jpg

This is some god-level detail right here.

gifrtogz.gif

Press X for awesome.

1417987126-u4.gif

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Looks like it's almost time to spring for that PS4, then.

I try not to get too hung up on visuals, and the dynamism and vastness of what we're seeing here is definitely part of the appeal too, but, man, these look gorgeous.

Finn

Staff member
Dr.Sartorius said:
Are they ever going to release a PC version??
Given how successful the series has been as a PS exclusive, there's little point for them to start going through the hassle of the porting process now.

Though I suppose if we move far enough into the future, any 7th/8th generation console title will run on PCs via emulator, just like pretty much every title up to the 4th generation runs today.

Le Saboteur

Part 2 of the Behind The Scenes look at the tech is already up for your viewing pleasure. There's lots of new bits of gameplay to see from what I've been told.

Dig it!

Attila the Professor said:

I try not to get too hung up on visuals, and the dynamism and vastness of what we're seeing here is definitely part of the appeal too, but, man, these look gorgeous.

Sony's got you covered. There's no time like the present!

CaYDSYLUUAEDY_0.jpg

Dr. Sartorius said:
Are they ever going to release a PC version??

Finn said:
The PeeCee is bestest. hur dur

Pony up for the PS4. Pet the ringtail. Don't be a wanker.

Uncharted4lemur.gif

For the rest of the readers out there, dig on a few more out of context gameplay snippets!

Look at the jerrican! It has is own physics!

uc1.gif

Tell Harry I said hi!

U4meleefinish.gif

Dig the vastly improved traversal!

DearestDistinctHackee.gif

And the commercial I forgot to post a while back...

Finn

Staff member
Finn said:
The PeeCee is bestest. hur dur
Funny, I don't recall saying that above.

Instead, I recall showing full understanding as to why it is a PlayStation exclusive. If it makes money like that, they don't have to go through the hassle of porting to other platforms.

<small>(And yes, PC is my preferred platform, you dirty peasant, but I'm very understanding towards those who think crawling in the mud beneath the glorious master race is fun. Each to their own.)</small>

Le Saboteur

Finn said:
<small>(And yes, PC is my preferred platform, you dirty peasant, but I'm very understanding towards those who think crawling in the mud beneath the glorious master race is fun. Each to their own.)</small>

How many thousands of markka are you going to have to dump into a machine that's going to even begin to match the IQ (among other things) of A Thief's End? A lot I imagine.

Just wait until the PS4K hits the streets!

tumblr_nyo7tlg9NX1rompo3o1_500.gif

In other news, a new pre-rendered CG trailer was released for your viewing pleasure.

Rumor on the street is that single player previews are incoming next week. Keep your eyes peeled! I might post a link to a couple of them, but I plan on being on a complete media blackout. Everything will remain unvetted for spoiler-type information.

Finn

Staff member
Le Saboteur said:
How many thousands of markka are you going to have to dump into a machine that's going to even begin to match the IQ (among other things) of A Thief's End? A lot I imagine.
Easy. A Thief's End is a piece of software. Alone, without its fancy hardware, it has the IQ of a rock. So all I'd have to do is buy a pocket calculator.

Though I might have hard time finding a vendor willing to sell me one with all the markkas in the world these days...

And for the record, I'd like to state that this snarky back-and-forth is all YOUR fault, since for some odd reason, a post meant to defend Naughty Dog's business practices whistled right over your head. So maybe you're getting A Thief's End to boost your own IQ?

The Drifter

Bought part four yesterday along with the Nathan Drake Collection!

*I'm back! And I got a lot of explainin' to do about Mini Indy

Le Saboteur

Attila the Professor said:

If you haven't opted in yet, then take this as a full-fledged endorsement (so far) of A Thief's End. Based on past games I'm only halfway through, but it's been quite the experience up until now.

The introductory Madagascar-level is worth the price of admission alone. It finally feels like Naughty Dog has captured the adventure aspect of the action-adventure genre.

While I'm looking forward to playing Rise of the Tomb Raider it's going to have a lot to live up to. And if anybody ever plans on attempting a AAA-level Indiana Jones game, they're already so far behind the eight ball it's not even funny.

Major West

I think Uncharted 4 is probably my favorite of them all now. Seriously good. Not just the exciting and fun game play but the story is genuinely engaging.

TheFedora

So I played and beat Uncharted 4 a week ago. Since then Ive been playing some of the multiplayer which is very fun and engaging. (y) I really enjoyed the story of this final chapter and thought the character moments were presented really well. I feel like this is a game I could go back and replay again just to try to get all the hidden items and journal pieces I may have missed the first time, I really do.

Le Saboteur

Major West said:
I think Uncharted 4 is probably my favorite of them all now. Seriously good. Not just the exciting and fun game play but the story is genuinely engaging.

I just made it to Chapter 16, and while quite engaging, I can't help but shake the idea that this was put together by a couple of guys who desperately want to get back to their libertarian fantasy masquerading as a zombie game.

That said, it is definitely Naughty Dog's strongest outing from a technical standpoint.

TheFedora

Is anyone playing the online multiplayer for this game? Ive really gotten into it lately. I am really focusing on trying to get as many character skin unlocks as possible though. Also trying to get a bit better at it.