Mad Magazine Indy parodies

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen the covers online, but are Raiders of a Lost Art (7 pages), Inbanana Jones and the Temple of Goons (5), & Inbanana Jones and His Last Crude Days (4) posted anywhere in full? Because... I could scan and submit them. How and where, I'm not sure. These are the original black and whites. These days Mad likes to colorize old features, and will probably publish an all-Indy issue as the movie nears (if they haven't already) including scraps like this one. Suggestions?

roundshort

Moedred said:
I've seen the covers online, but are Raiders of a Lost Art (7 pages), Inbanana Jones and the Temple of Goons (5), & Inbanana Jones and His Last Crude Days (4) posted anywhere in full? Because... I could scan and submit them. How and where, I'm not sure. These are the original black and whites. These days Mad likes to colorize old features, and will probably publish an all-Indy issue as the movie nears (if they haven't already) including scraps like this one. Suggestions?

HA! Thats great, totally brings me back to 4th or 5th grade, when I used to read MAD, I think the simpsons did a great tribute to MAD once.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Other articles they've done:
"Do-It-Yourself Indiana Jones Sequel" (March 1986)
"Suggested Titles for the Next Indiana Jones Movie" (Feb 2005)

Twice in the 90's they gathered everythng Star Wars in one issue, so hopefully they'll do the same with Indy soon.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I've got a copy of the "Suggested Titles" one. Yes, that's right. Violet Indy decided a long time ago, that MAD made more sense than Cosmopolitan. :p

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I have all the three movie MADs and the do it yourself one in Finnish.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
mad_infantiili_jones.jpg

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
temple of john said:
one for LC? I must have missed that.
In the US the issues are #228 Jan. 1982, #250 Oct. 1984, #291 Dec. 1989.

Mort Drucker's art should look familiar. He drew the poster for American Graffiti.
And in January 1991: "At the first MAD art auction, long-time MAD fans Steven Spielberg and George Lucas waste a lot of money to purchase original MAD cover art spoofing many of their movies. Spielberg, who is completely out of control, also buys the cover of MAD #1."

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Use an image editing program like Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, GIMP, Irfanview, Picasa etc.

yodazone

MAD Magazine Indy covers!

While fans are waiting for the next MAD "Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" movie parody, here's a look at the classic Indy MAD covers from the first 3 movies!!!

eee.jpg

"Raiders of a Lost Art"

Mad #228 - Jan. 1982

eeeee.jpg

"Inbanana Jones and the Temple of Goons"

Mad #250 - Oct. 1984

eeeeee.jpg

"Inbanana Jones and His Last Crude Days"

Mad #291 - Dec. 1989

Indy fan 235

Moedred said:
Other articles they've done:
"Do-It-Yourself Indiana Jones Sequel" (March 1986)
"Suggested Titles for the Next Indiana Jones Movie" (Feb 2005)

Twice in the 90's they gathered everythng Star Wars in one issue, so hopefully they'll do the same with Indy soon.

Just recently a Mad book was released with every joke they ever made about Star Wars. I wonder if an Indy book is following in its footsteps?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I was thinking the same thing. How cool would that be? I would think so and I will be buying that too. I really enjoy a good MAD movie parody. Their SW and X-Men ones were really awesome.

No Ticket

Indy fan 235 said:
Just recently a Mad book was released with every joke they ever made about Star Wars. I wonder if an Indy book is following in its footsteps?

That sounds incredibly cool... I'd love to get my hands on that. Is it a BOOK or just a magazine?

... how much you wanna bet they make fun of Indy's age on the MAD cover for KOTCS?