KotCS comic adaptation

James

I'm generally only interested in the comic adaptations for their minor deviations from the film. It's a nice way to glimpse what the original script contained, and once upon a time, was one of the only ways to do so (along with the novelization).

For example, it's interesting to see Spalko tell Indy that the Area 51 crate has his name on it. (Which is why he should know what crate she's referring to.) This ties in to the way the film was initially marketed online.

yodazone

Blockbuster Video had an exclusive "Indy" comic cover to the Dark Horse KOTCS Adaptation issue #1!

Anybody catch this??? Or have one?

The good folks at Rebelscum.com has the cover posted on their "Indy" comic cover gallery:

http://www.rebelscum.com/indianajones.asp

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?... Crystal Skull 1 (Blockbuster Video exclusive)

ijdhkcs01bblx0.jpg

From the "LR" initials on the cover, it looks like this cover is drawn by interior artist, Luke Ross.

(wonder if he drew one for issue #2...)

(y)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Just about everyone looks too young in that cover, but I sort of like it nevertheless. It's an intriguing composition. Like the Mac sort of fades into the background.

indyclone25

i saw this comic on ebay and it was being auctioned off by someone in peurto rico---- i wonder if that is their special cover ?

The Golden Idol

Attila the Professor said:
Just about everyone looks too young in that cover, but I sort of like it nevertheless. It's an intriguing composition. Like the Mac sort of fades into the background.

Definitely. Everyone looks at least 5 years younger.

And doesn't Mutt look sorta kinda like a very young Bill Murray?

Professor Jones

The Golden Idol said:
Definitely. Everyone looks at least 5 years younger.

And doesn't Mutt look sorta kinda like a very young Bill Murray?

Hehehe... yes that's true!

Anyway, in my opinion the comic adaptation is really poor - not to say horrible. Especially if compared to some wonderful work of art that the Dark Horse have delivered us in the past (I adore the graphics and the colors of FOA comic).

Colors are really stupid in KOCTS comic and the drawings aren't so good. Harrison looks really much older and actually, as someone else said, it all seems made up in a hurry...

More than that, can anyone explain to me why there are certain more or less relevant differences between the adaptation and the movie, usually without any need (for instance, the different "UFO" at the ending or the different Indy gear in the warehouse scene - with jacket)? Can it depend on the fact they've prepared the comic without seeing the movie???

Agent Z

Well, at least they got a great looking Spalko on the cover.

Of course, they can change covers all they want, the inside pages still stink something fierce.... (n)

indyclone25

yodazone said:
Blockbuster Video had an exclusive "Indy" comic cover to the Dark Horse KOTCS Adaptation issue #1!

Anybody catch this??? Or have one?

The good folks at Rebelscum.com has the cover posted on their "Indy" comic cover gallery:

http://www.rebelscum.com/indianajones.asp

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?... Crystal Skull 1 (Blockbuster Video exclusive)

ijdhkcs01bblx0.jpg

From the "LR" initials on the cover, it looks like this cover is drawn by interior artist, Luke Ross.

(wonder if he drew one for issue #2...)

(y)
this pencil sketch might be for issue two?i found it on comicartfans.com and the artist is luke ross
Ray_Indy_IV_Piece.jpg

DocWhiskey

My god Marion looks extremely hot in that sketch.

(Not disrespect to Karen Allen. Frankly I still have the same crush on her as I did when I was 8)

And Oxley looks like a menacing 'nam veteran. He looks angry as hell. He's gonna beat some ass with his stick.

yodazone

Very cool art page. Excellent find!

Marion looks like a Mary Jane from Spiderman in that pic.
(when Todd Mcfarlane used to draw the Spidey books)

:D

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Montana Smith said:
A cool find, Rocket. Now if only you could use your skills to locate sources to download the West End Games Indy books... My Google searches always come up completely blank.

I have the West End Games modules in PDF form. PM for more details.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Montana Smith said:
Thank you, nevertheless, JuniorJones! :D

The quest continues.

:hat:

I will make it my life's mission because someone, somewhere must have taken the time to digitize them.

On that point, anyone know where I can get digital verisons of the novels?

Montana Smith

JuniorJones said:
I will make it my life's mission because someone, somewhere must have taken the time to digitize them.

That's why I keep having the feeling that I'm going to find them...

JuniorJones said:
On that point, anyone know where I can get digital verisons of the novels?

An excellent question, too.