Indiana Jones in New Haven - news, updates and everything else

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Did Mitchell Hallock photoshop this image for his profile?
I know he got a picture of the statue's plaque but fuzzed it out on his myspace.
m_86851422071a4b83d98f07e5745519e9.jpg

(in case he changes it, it says...)
IN PROUD MEMORY OF
MARCUS BRODY
DEAN OF STUDENTS
1939 - 1944
WITH HONOR AND LOYALTY

Last edited:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Interesting. Brody died in 1944. Well, if that is a real image, we'll at least get some mention of Marcus in this movie.

Dr.Sartorius

Violet Indy said:
Interesting. Brody died in 1944. Well, if that is a real image, we'll at least get some mention of Marcus in this movie.

It says he was the Dean of Students till 44. Doesn't mean he necessarily died in 1944.

The good news is no one will be taking over the role of Marcus in Indy 4.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I figured that he may have died while he was still in office or a short time after, so I think we can safely assume around 1944-45.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Way back I guessed they might walk past a bust of his head in the hallway, and I guessed close! It's amusing they've involved him in another chase scene. Might his statue's interference even strike a critical blow for the good guys? Since Dean Brody's name is printed so prominently, I think we'll see this plaque for just 2 or 3 seconds (buy the DVD to read the rest), with a dizzy or winded villain lying nearby.

Last edited:

Kingsley

Wow, I was thinking... "historical pieces" are set more and more in later times, not so close from the world I learn to know... I'm getting older!!

Zorg

sarah navarro said:
wow ,they look so similar ,but the Indy set looks cleaner and more fancy,but they sure have the right idea.:whip:

Definitely. Good work by the production design and set dessers.

Inbanana

Dr.Sartorius said:
For some reason Yale Daily News is running a story seemingly from 2 months ago but is dated August 31, 2007. Not sure what to make of this:

http://www.yaledailynews.com/articles/view/21106
Interesting... this is the first time I heard of the secret casting call:
“They asked me if I had ever owned a dog,” said Sylvia Bingham ’09, who went to the casting call but received no callback from Billy Dowd. “I told them I could bark,” she said optimistically.

Little did Bingham know that, according to Ward 1 Alderman and “Jones” extra Nick Shalek, there was a special “Yale only” casting call a day before the big Open Call. The unpublicized event, which secretly invited members of the Yale community to audition for small parts, was a tradeoff for Yale’s generously “accommodating” behavior toward the film crew, Shalek said.