topps indy cards are in stores now?

metalinvader

Nurhachi1991 said:
has anyone seen them for retail sale? do they still have the autographs in them?

I just hit a few stores at the mall and didn't see them.The autographs and sketch cards are not in the retail sets.The chase cards in the retail sets are magnet cards.

One more time...

Hobby has random sketch and autograph inserts (plus the white-backed parallel cards)...

Retail has same 90-card set but the inserts are magnets that look like the stickers from the 1984 TOD set. NO sketches or autographs.

Ok?

Nurhachi1991

throwmetheidol said:
One more time...

Hobby has random sketch and autograph inserts (plus the white-backed parallel cards)...

Retail has same 90-card set but the inserts are magnets that look like the stickers from the 1984 TOD set. NO sketches or autographs.

Ok?

yeah but it says

Indiana Jones Heritage in stores now and when you click on it you get this

http://www.topps.com/ent/brands/IndianaJonesHeritage/IndianaJonesHeritageWeb.html

it never claims that autographs and sketch cards are exclusive it only says sticker magnets are

Crack that whip

I still have yet to see a single box of these anywhere. I actually only just started looking in hobby shops for the hobby box so it's no surprise I haven't seen one (I'm ordering mine anyway), but I haven't seen the regular retail box, either. What stores are carrying them?

throwmetheidol said:

I haven't seen much discussion of the parallels anywhere, so I'm still not absolutely sure I actually know exactly what they are. :eek: Do I understand correctly that they're rare duplicates of the regular cards, just on different stock? I seem to remember reading something somewhere about a gold finish; are they foil-stamped or anything like that, or just the regular cards on white-backed stock? Also, do I have it right that they're numbered twice, once with their card # in the 90-card set, and once as one of just 500 sets of parallels cards?

Nurhachi1991 said:
yeah but it says

Indiana Jones Heritage in stores now and when you click on it you get this

http://www.topps.com/ent/brands/IndianaJonesHeritage/IndianaJonesHeritageWeb.html

it never claims that autographs and sketch cards are exclusive it only says sticker magnets are

It does say the sketch cards are exclusive, actually, if you click on the banners where it says "Click Here for Authentic Autographs!," "Click Here for Sketch Cards!," and "Click Here for Vintage Sticker Magnets!," it takes you to a page for that kind of insert, and the sketch card page does mention it's a hobby exclusive while the magnet page mentions it's a retail exclusive. It doesn't clarify the distinction though, so it's true it's not hard to envision someone not even noticing the difference and not realizing there are different boxes for the two markets. It also doesn't actually mention that the autographs are hobby-exclusive, which is a definite oversight, though in fairness they're pretty rare anyway and people shouldn't really expect to just walk into any store and walk out with Lucas, Spielberg and Ford autographs along with their groceries.

Deckard

The idea is that if your in a hobby store, your going to understand the value of the sketch or auto cards so they sell the good kind there.

Where as Walmart, it could just be some kid in line see's a pack of Indy cards for $2 and convinces mom to buy em. Next thing that kid folds up a $10,000 Harrison Ford auto in his pocket.

They want to avoid that sort of thing.

Crack that whip

Indeed. I was just wondering which stores actually carry the retail version, since I'd like a set of the magnets as well as the other goodies. Perhaps I should just trade for them or get them from eBay.

The second poster I was replying to was upset about that page for the cards not making it as clear as it should be there are two versions of the box, and I can understand that.

Crack that whip

That it might be. I hadn't actually started seriously looking for the cards until just recently, but I had been occasionally looking at the collectible card areas in Target whenever I was there for something else, and I hadn't seen any there. I only just today found out from some of the threads here that Target had opted not to carry them.

Does anyone know whether, say, Kmart has them, or perhaps certain supermarket chains?

(Of course, I'd also be open to just trading for them here, once I have access to my other cards and have something to offer for them... ;) )

bonoferox

As far as I know, tehy're still just exclusive to comic and hobby shops. You can get a box of them for 39.99 at some stores.

Crack that whip

That's amazing. I haven't heard of them being offered anywhere for so little. I was actually just at another hobby shop and they told me they weren't really inclined to get them in part since they can't sell them at a price that would make them profitable - their store would have to pay about as much to get them from the distributor or Topps or whoever as a big-box retailer would actually sell them to customers for.

It sounds from some of the threads here as though it's actually a lot harder to find the mass-market retail boxes than it is the hobby shop ones. One might almost think the magnets from the retail boxes will be as difficult to get as the other specials from the hobby ones...

phantom train

I have yet to see any of these cards at a retail store or a comic shop. Most of the comic shops around me have said they only ordered the cards for people who requested them, or didn't order them at all. If you haven't seen them yet, good luck finding them outside of Ebay or an online store.

bonoferox

Some comic shops are iffy on them. We have one chain locally that sells them for 39.99 and individual packs for 1.99, but the other chain sells the individual packs for 2.99 and sells the box for about 60.00.....not much sense made in that since It looks like they have the same quantity ordered.

Chances are we'll see a few of the 10.00 boxes at Targets that have the 5 packs in them. But who knows.