Indy 4 Deleted Scenes

Johnny Nys

I was so waiting for that floor to collapse as well! It just looked like the next logical thing to happen.

About the editing, I thought some shots just took too long. Like when Mutt and the monkey face each other. Why linger on the monkey so long? It happens several times. When Indy says "Part time", we see him standing there doing nothing. Should've been a quicker cut.

AnImaginaryBoy

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but wasn't Ian McDiarmid meant to be in the film as well? I'm sure I read he's a collegue of Indy's in one of the scenes set in the university, but I didn't spot him, so was he actually in it, or was it just somebody mixing it up with his appearance in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles?

Yure

Some of the pictures from the motorbike chase showed Harrison driving the bike... were those just promotional shot or is there a deleted scene with Indy driving?

tnswman

Pale Horse said:
Thank you for searching prior to posting. Five stars will be added to your profile, for sheer brillance and courtsey.

Good thing someone has the time to search every single thing.

You know so we can do the mod's jobs for them.

If you read the making of book, The comic adaptation, and the novel...there are plenty of deleted areas that would have worked very well.

I would like to know why some of the Hanger edits were made.

tnswman

God'sRadio said:
Not deleted but included - I read there was no scene of Indy being scrubbed / decontaminated after the bomb scene. Was in the movie I saw.

The scrubbing was in the Novel.

Yure

Ah, a scene that was rumoured deleted but that actually wasn't is the Russians dancing and singing folk songs at the camp, celebrating the capture of the prisoners.
When Tyler Nelson, the extra who played a russian dancer, revealed details of the scene, someone supposed that the scene could be cut.

Michael24

Maybe I'm crazy, but I swore that trailer of Indy running between two rows of crates, coiling his whip as bullets strike the crates around him, wasn't in the movie. Either it was cut and I just didn't even notice it.

And while not deleted stuff, I did notice some shots (like Indy running up along the rafters, the Russians passing Mac as they fire at Indy) were actually flipped from how they appeared in the trailer, and some of the various dialogue in the trailer was different and/or spliced from completely different scenes.

Agent Z

God'sRadio said:
In the Lego set they make a big deal of a swordfight at the camp and a table split in half - not in movie?

The Jungle Duel scenario isn't in the film, BUT...

....if you watch closely, you will see that giant 3 foot banana from the Jungle Duel playset being thrown by one of the monkeys towards the commies during the chase.

THAT took me right out of the film. :(

Deckard

I dunno if it was in the novelisation or at any point in the script or even tossed around, but I was most dissapointed by the lack of a big battle between the Akator Natives and Russians. They had potential to have a badass apocalypto sort of fight there.

Also I didn't like the lack of the Jungle Cutter. It was cool to end the Jungle chase w/ the Ant fight, but add the Jungle Cutter to that equation. Think about it, Indy and Dovchenko fighting on top of it, the blades whirring, grinders spinning, ants surrounding it...

Snakes

Michael24 said:
Maybe I'm crazy, but I swore that trailer of Indy running between two rows of crates, coiling his whip as bullets strike the crates around him, wasn't in the movie. Either it was cut and I just didn't even notice it.

That was in the movie, but it was in the middle of a longer shot.

isaac_z

Johnny Nys said:
I was so waiting for that floor to collapse as well! It just looked like the next logical thing to happen.

About the editing, I thought some shots just took too long. Like when Mutt and the monkey face each other. Why linger on the monkey so long? It happens several times. When Indy says "Part time", we see him standing there doing nothing. Should've been a quicker cut.

i think he and the monkey have a longer moment in order to form a (incredibly tenuous) connection in regards to similar hair styles. that's why the monkeys don't attack mutt - they all have D.A. cuts...

as far as indy in the cemetery ... he smirks... i guess...

also, i wish he fired his gun at some point.

NamedAfterDaDog

Deckard said:
Also I didn't like the lack of the Jungle Cutter. It was cool to end the Jungle chase w/ the Ant fight, but add the Jungle Cutter to that equation. Think about it, Indy and Dovchenko fighting on top of it, the blades whirring, grinders spinning, ants surrounding it...

Yep, I agree. We saw it for about a ten second shot of it cutting through the jungle, and then the next time we see it it's being blown up. :(

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Deckard said:
I dunno if it was in the novelisation or at any point in the script or even tossed around, but I was most dissapointed by the lack of a big battle between the Akator Natives and Russians. They had potential to have a badass apocalypto sort of fight there.

Both good ideas. The Jungle Cutter was particularly underused. I wonder, however, if they thought of doing it that way but then decided that it would be too similar to the fight with Vogel, but with the colonel being sliced to death in the manner of the German mechanic instead? Of course, he still could - and should - have been devoured by the ants, but it would still leave open the question of what happens to the cutter. If it just falls over the cliff, obviously, that's a bad call, and the ants wouldn't bring it into the anthill. Perhaps it could have somehow run-aground on the anthills? Not sure.

Another thing that could have made it in, of course, was the old bit about the secret lair behind the waterfall, but a good comparison of Saucermen from Mars is neither something I'm equipped to do at the moment or eager to take up.