The Marion sexiness thread

vf wing

A female friend and i were talking about the movie and she made the point that Karen Allen should have gotten in shape for the role and "looked the part". I told her that sounded like a guy's review! :hat:

Gear

Gotten into shape??

marionravenwood-1.jpg

Hmmmm.....

DocWhiskey

Canyon said:

She looks great in that picture. I still say she's the best looking of the Indy gals. Capshaw hasn't aged very well. Doody looks like she had some plastic surgery and now she looks like her forehead would rip if she blinked. I'm not saying they're unattractive, they still look good. But I think Karen looks the best.

A buddy of mine went to some convention in full Indy gear a few weeks after KOTCS came out and got to meet her. He showed my some pictures of him with her and she looked fantastic. Very beautiful. I'm jealous of the guy.

Gear

Wow, got to meet her you say.

That's awesome. I'd be brilliant to see pics, if you don't mind me asking.

Meeting a celeb is quite an experience either way (as in ^ meeting Hugh Jackmen, V meeting John Mayer).

DocWhiskey

Gear

How awesome.

On a related subject, my mom actually talked to Harrison Ford when she worked for T-Mobile in the call center.

Niteshade007

Darth Vile said:
Not taking anything away from your friend... but she must have ben thinking "this is very weird..." ;)

Haha, her expression isn't exactly excitement. Which is weird, she managed to smile so convincingly in KotCS.

Marionfan706

marion was a great heroine in the movie, she was smart ,funny, and just the right amont of flaws, she made good and bad choices, and thats the character . She doesnt seem like a character, more like a real person

vf wing

gear guardian said:
Gotten into shape??

marionravenwood-1.jpg

Hmmmm.....

Yeah, i think that's kind of shape she wanted to see her in in Skull. But she (my friend Vickie) had recently lost a lot of weight herself and i guess felt justified in her criticism. I thought she looked appropriate for her age and didn't mind seeing her and Indy show their age. I love the shot at the wedding where they're kissing and Harrison has this look on his face like an old guy that hasn't gotten any in a long time!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
vf wing said:
Yeah, i think that's kind of shape she wanted to see her in in Skull. But she (my friend Vickie) had recently lost a lot of weight herself and i guess felt justified in her criticism. I thought she looked appropriate for her age and didn't mind seeing her and Indy show their age. I love the shot at the wedding where they're kissing and Harrison has this look on his face like an old guy that hasn't gotten any in a long time!

That's probably because Indy (as a character, not Harrison) hasn't! I think I know what Indy was thinking with that smile on his face..... And it wasn't necessarily, "Wow, I married Marion...":p Oh, come on, think about it!

Darth Vile

vf wing said:
Yeah, i think that's kind of shape she wanted to see her in in Skull. But she (my friend Vickie) had recently lost a lot of weight herself and i guess felt justified in her criticism

With female to female criticism like that... who needs misogynists??? ;)

JediPug1

Speaking as a woman... I'd have to say Marion is the sexiest of the Indy women by far... from Raiders all the way up to and including KOTCS. She just has it all.... smarts, spunk, a zest for life and a sparkle in her eye... and she is still cute as a button! She is more than a match for Indy and that makes her impossible to beat, IMO. (y)

Indy Croft

she's sometimes very attractive and cute, but sometimes she's not. At least in KOCS she looks like a very sweet old lady, one of those kind and nice old people:hat:

Raiders90

I can't think of many actresses that have aged worse. Karen Allen is 60. My aunt is the same age, and she looks better at 60 than she did at 40, thanks to dieting, keeping in shape, etc. You wouldn't think she was 60. And it's all natural aging. Allen was a very very pretty woman for many years--even in the Sandlot, ten years after Raiders, she still looked the same. I don't know if she had plastic surgery that went awry or if she just aged poorly but time wasn't friendly to her.