The Indiana Jones/Carmen Sandiego Adventures

ACME04

Renderking Fisk said:
I'm not saying it's either good or bad, but I've been pretty clear on why I'm not intrested in reading it. When you write some non-Fan-Fiction, I'll read that. Period.

Ren, if it makes you feel better, I've READ those books, newspapers, and magazines that you mentioned about. I've read some great works from authors like Charles Dickens, F. Scott Fitzgerald ("The Great Gatsby" is what inspired me to do writing in first person), and especially William Shakespeare. I'd taken a Creative Writing class and read so much poetry that I find myself rhyming at times.

And if this still doesn't convince you, then I give up! I can't give you a non-fan-fic story, only because I can't take the risk of someone stealing the work and using it as their own! I'm sorry if that sounds paranoid, but I've heard tales about it all. And even if I decide to give it to you, it'll take me days, weeks, months, and years to write the perfect non-fan-fic story for you! It takes this long because I suffer from a bad case of writer's block at times.

So, Renderking Fisk, I'm sorry that you can't find it in your heart to read my "Indy/Carmen" story and at least give me a chance! Whether you read it or not, I'll be writing more and more "Indy/Carmen" stories and I'll be posting more and more of them on the internet for everyone to read. PERIOD.

Last edited:

ACME04

Thanks, Ren. :D

I have a great idea for a story that's not a fan-fic, but I don't think I'm ready to share it with the world. I haven't started working on it yet, but when I do, I'll let you know.

However, I can tell you what the title of it is..."World War IV". That should give you an idea what it's about. :)

And another thing...

I meant to break that first "rule" of fan fiction. It was one of the risks that I had taken when I wrote this fan-fic. You should read other fan-fics like this; they're all over the internet! :)

Renderking Fisk said:
Why is it so important to you for me to give you approval? Why are you so desperate for me to give you the thumbs up or thumbs down?

Your reviews will help me become a better writer.

Last edited:

ACME04

Re: You're pushing...

Renderking Fisk said:
Try writing an editoral or an essay on something A)You?re concerned about B)Something people would actually want to read.

You wouldn't believe how many essays I'd written, when I was in High School. I still have to write more of them, once I enter college this fall. Maybe I'll consider writing one of the two you're suggesting. :)

Renderking Fisk said:
I?m not a convert to this type of ?writing? just because I read one chapter of yours. I will not be reading the second or the ones that follow. I?ll read what ever else you have to offer, I just won?t read any more fan-Fiction.

At least you'd read one chapter, and gave me a good review afterwards. That's all I wanted. :D

There'll be other "Indy/Carmen" stories in the future. You don't have to read them.

Now that we've settled all of this, the both of us can go on with our daily lives and rest easily...I hope. :)

Last edited:

ACME04

Renderking Fisk said:
How does a dude who's about to go to college get into Carmen Santiago?

You'll be surprised how many people who are either in college or about to go to college are into Carmen Sandiego.

Heck! All of the people that I chat with on a Carmen Sandiego message board that I love going to all the time (btw, it's not "Project Carmen") are going to college and are interested in Carmen Sandiego.

FYI, I've been a Carmen fan since the animated series aired back in 1994! :)

Last edited:

ACME04

Renderking Fisk said:
What ever happened to sports? Cars? Hiking? Dating chicks?

Big boy stuff?

Sports: Watch wrestling every Monday and Thrusday night! :)

Cars: Looking forward to owning my own Jeep, when I've gotten enough money to get one! :)

Hiking: Give me a break, man!

Dating chicks: Still working on that. ;)

But none of this stuff can hold me back from Carmen Sandiego and Indiana Jones.

Indy Benson

Geez, RF...take it easy. You're coming across like a bully. Questioning his sex (male or female)...what does that matter? And attacking his choice of what he likes to write. If you feel the need to berate him, why not use the PM feature?

And no offense, but I wouldn't go bringing up "big boy stuff", either.

Finn

Staff member
Besides... there is actually no phenomenon that would have strict age limitations. Lot of grown-ups have a fascination and fandom towards something with the core audience probably not pointed exactly towards their generation. Take Harry Potter for example. Many adults are fans of his. And it can be vice-versa too. I know a nine-year-old girl who has skipped the works of J.K. Rowling and Enid Blyton and is reading thrillers of Lawrence Saunders and Alistair McLean (just to name couple of authors). Heck, I even know a fellow who watches <i>Teletubbies</i> every Saturday morning, and he doesn't have little kids. Actually, no kids at all.

Ren, don't belittle Acme for his fascination towards Carmen Sandiego (even though I still don't have faintest idea who the hell is he), something like that... it's completely normal for a grown up... it has nothing to do with a twisted mind.

Finn

Staff member
You know, I've noticed that people with skills but who are not confident enough about them tend to write fanfic. And Ren, I believe that your meaning is the complete opposite of the following... but you're <i>not</i> boosting Acme's confidence. At least I have such a feeling.

Last edited:

Canyon

ACME04 said:
Well, all I can say is that I'm sorry that I'm not Monkey or Canyon. I've read some of their fan-fics, and they're what inspired me to do the "Indy/Carmen" series, because I find them interesting and very well-written.

ACME, I was absolutely stunned when I read that comment.

Do you mean to say that Monkey and myself inspired your story? Because if so, I for one am flabergasted. :D :)

I am extremely flattered that I inspired someone to write a story, and secondly, I would just like to say thank you for your above comment. It's really nice to see someone taking an interest in mine and my friend Monkey's writing.

Thanks once again.

BTW, ACME, try not to take Ren's comments too personally. ;)

And as for you Renderking, do I have to fly all the way to New Hampshire to sort you out?

Bad Fisky! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ACME04

"Carmen and the RotLA" reaches its final two chapters!!

Even though most of everybody is probably gonna check out the final chapter of "IJ and the Gypsy's Kiss" (I know I am :)) and the new Indy fan-film at TIE.c, I've released the last two chapters of "Carmen Sandiego and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" online.

If your favorite "Indy" film is "RotLA", you might want to see how this version of the adventure ends. :)

Canyon

Hi ACME.

I have read some more chapters of your story and have yet to read the last two chapters, and am very much looking foward to reading them. ;)

Canyon

ACME, yesterday I read the last two chapters of your story and I wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed reading them, and indeed the whole story.

You are a very good writer and not to sound sacriligous, but I like the way in which you used some of the lines and changed them slightly.

I feel that you have quite a good imagination and I for one would be very much interested in reading an Indiana Jones adventure written by you, if indeed you have any plans to do one.

The only thing I will say is, its a shame that the love scene between Indy and Marion on the Bantu Wind was left out, as I feel that this is a vital scene in the adventure and is also the only time when Indy and Marion kiss. Saying that though, I noticed that you used the "it's the years, not the mileage" dialogue in a very clever way later on in the story.

Apart from that, it made for a pretty good read!

Kind regards

canyon_title.gif

BTW, how do you like my new logo?
icon_mrgreen.gif

ACME04

Thanks, Canyon. :)

I'm glad that you've enjoyed reading "Carmen and the RotLA". I hope you're looking forward to reading more "Indy/Carmen" stories online. ;)

Canyon

ACME04 said:
Thanks, Canyon. :)

I'm glad that you've enjoyed reading "Carmen and the RotLA". I hope you're looking forward to reading more "Indy/Carmen" stories online. ;)

Of course!

Can't wait to read 'Where in the Temple of Doom is Carmen Sandiego?' :D

ACME04

No More Indy/Carmen Adventures

To everyone in this forum who has read and posted messages in this particular forum,

I'm afraid to inform you that, as of now, I am canceling the "Indy/Carmen Adventures" fan-fic series.:(

But this doesn't mean that I have given up fan-fic writing. I will continue to go on writing fan-fics; just not this one.

I wish to thank Canyon for supporting and believing in me. And, Renderking Fisk, thank you for the "Great Debate".

I will be signing off now, so if any of you wish to reply to this message, send me an e-mail:

disneyaccess@hotmail.com

Thank you and goodbye (for now).:)