New fedora

lguerra

Well its getting close to my birthday , so i am thinking a new Fedora . i got about 200 saved up maybe little more in a week .Any suggestions ?On What to get:hat:

indyclone25

if you know me ? you know what i would say. and if you don't ask most people and they will tell you what i would say .:D :hat:

lguerra

Yea i was thinking raiders style , i have a old Akubra that took a beating over the years and i retired it .I was thinking getting a new one of the federation IV or peters brothers, or todds does any one have one of these hats? and how do you like them?:D

Mickiana

The Fed IV is a great hat, especially for the price. You might also want to look at a Penman - more expensive but fantastic quality.

Ironclaw

lguerra said:
Yea i was thinking raiders style , i have a old Akubra that took a beating over the years and i retired it .I was thinking getting a new one of the federation IV or peters brothers, or todds does any one have one of these hats? and how do you like them?:D

Todd's makes excellent stuff. I have their old (now discontinued) Uptowner fedora, and I've heard lots of good things about their Downtowner version (Raiders-style, I believe). It's about $80 now, so I would consider getting that and pocketing the change.

indyclone25

Ironclaw said:
Todd's makes excellent stuff. I have their old (now discontinued) Uptowner fedora, and I've heard lots of good things about their Downtowner version (Raiders-style, I believe). It's about $80 now, so I would consider getting that and pocketing the change.
you know i'm with you on todds , a great hat for little price , so screen accurate!! i have two downtowners and my son has one also .

me in my downtowner in florida at disneyworld
floridatrip2011part2514.jpg

indyclone25

Ironclaw said:
I have you to thank for that, you helped out when I was shopping around for a new fedora after my Dorfman wasn't cutting it anymore.
always glad to help. knowing is half the battle . ''go joe" oh wait, wrong site?

fenris

Here's a list of possible hats that fit your budget.

Wow! I can't believe I'm even giving advice now... 2yrs ago, I thought the official Indy Dorfman hats looked exactly like Indy's hat! I was even close to buying one before.

Peters Bros - $205
Akubra Fed IV Deluxe - $182.02
Akubra Fed IV Std - $118.02
Christy's Adventurer - $92.00
Downtowner - $79.95

It's up to you which one you want. Akubra and Christy's are open-crowned hats. Downtowner is pre-bashed. The Peters Bros is custom-made so you can pick a style you like.

If I were to pick from the choices I gave above, it would be the Akubra Fed IV. It's up to you whether you choose the deluxe or standard... with the standard, you'll have change to buy something else (prop, action figure, etc). I'm sure a lot of people here will attest to the FedIV's durability.

lguerra

fenris said:
Here's a list of possible hats that fit your budget.

Wow! I can't believe I'm even giving advice now... 2yrs ago, I thought the official Indy Dorfman hats looked exactly like Indy's hat! I was even close to buying one before.

Peters Bros - $205
Akubra Fed IV Deluxe - $182.02
Akubra Fed IV Std - $118.02
Christy's Adventurer - $92.00
Downtowner - $79.95

It's up to you which one you want. Akubra and Christy's are open-crowned hats. Downtowner is pre-bashed. The Peters Bros is custom-made so you can pick a style you like.

If I were to pick from the choices I gave above, it would be the Akubra Fed IV. It's up to you whether you choose the deluxe or standard... with the standard, you'll have change to buy something else (prop, action figure, etc). I'm sure a lot of people here will attest to the FedIV's durability.

The fed IV does look promising , and you rite about the extra change, would be good to get more gear, thanks for the advice , i will let everyone know what i decide to get.:)

lguerra

Mr. Fusion said:
Have you decided yet? If not, I will chime in and also recommend the Fed IV.;)

Yea,I think I am going with the Fed IV, based on the wait time and the open crown. I am going to place my order soon , and i want to thank everyone for there info and suggestions (y)

lguerra

Ordered the FED IV ON the 17 and got it on Monday very fast and great service. NOW getting the camera a new memory card for pic to follow!!(y)

mikieson

lguerra said:
Ordered the FED IV ON the 17 and got it on Monday very fast and great service. NOW getting the camera a new memory card for pic to follow!!(y)
Wheres the pics?? I ordered the Fed IV yesterday and waiting patiently..:)