Petition to publish Staff of Kings novelization!

Some people like Manga, some people don't. No real point in insulting people who do.. Anyway, its a bit ridiculous arguing about it, especially when confronted with the problem we're facing now. I.e. The Indy Franchise winding down. I'd imagine we should be grateful of new Indy in any form

Every five or six posts someone should paste the link back in...kind of silly to go back three pages to find it.:rolleyes:

http://www.petitiononline.com/IJatSoKN/petition.html

By the way, some manga is worthwhile, some is not. They were smart to enlist Hisao Tamaki first. His art sold me sight unseen on the Empire and Jedi even though he was not involved. If I had been able to peruse them before ordering/buying I would have thought twice.

For crappy artwork see the cover for Tomb of the Gods TPB, or most any of the Indy drawings cover to cover in the Further Adventures...either omnibus.

Goonie

DocWhiskey said:
I just e-mailed the Indycast with a link to the petition and facebook page. Hopefully this will get out.

Looks like Ed got the message as he is on the Facebook group now. We're at 128 signatures.:)

Like Moedred mentioned, if there are any members on the other boards like Rebel Scum and Jedi Council and others, be sure to post the message there too. I posted the link to the petition on the message boards at http://www.mania.com yesterday.

Dewy9

I posted in the Staff of Kings thread in theForce.net forums. I emailed them about it for the main page, but they didn't choose to do so. I guess it only works if it's for Star Wars inspired movies to get released in their original form (a la Fanboys and the Weinstein Company).

BrodyIsDead

Signed the petition too guys! :D

Wonder if Mr MacGregor would ever "self-publish" it - I'd be willing to pay a little for even a non professional binding/electronic pdf copy... Or would that step on the rights of Lucas Books or something? :confused:

bennihana123

BrodyIsDead said:
Or would that step on the rights of Lucas Books or something? :confused:

Like the author of the Firefly novel, he could 'publish' it as a fanfiction online. I have no idea how Lucasfilm would take to that, though.

Dewy9

bennihana123 said:
Like the author of the Firefly novel, he could 'publish' it as a fanfiction online. I have no idea how Lucasfilm would take to that, though.

As long as he doesn't make money off of it, I would imagine they would feel no different about it than they do with all the fan films out there.

Goonie

Dewy9 said:
I posted in the Staff of Kings thread in theForce.net forums. I emailed them about it for the main page, but they didn't choose to do so. I guess it only works if it's for Star Wars inspired movies to get released in their original form (a la Fanboys and the Weinstein Company).

That's good (y) . But I think it would get more attention if you posted it as a separate thread in the Indiana Jones section. Remember, it's the novelization we are trying to get support for, not the game which we are getting.:cool:

Up to 139 signatures now.

fixer79

Just signed it too...

In fact I just came across this thread. Didn't even know the novel got cancelled...
It's a darn shame, 'cos I've read all MacGregor's Indy novels and so did my my girlfriend. We even bought them in two languages, English for me en French for her. We were both really looking forward to this next chapter...

What a slap in the face from Lucasfilm! :mad:

lao che & sons

Do we sign by just saying that we think this is a good idea and it will work or do we physically have to sign. because if its choice #1 then I signed(y) I gues what I'm asking is, have i signed or not and if I haven't then I want to!(y)

fixer79

lao che & sons said:
Do we sign by just saying that we think this is a good idea and it will work or do we physically have to sign. because if its choice #1 then I signed(y) I gues what I'm asking is, have i signed or not and if I haven't then I want to!(y)

You sign by going to the following link-

http://www.petitiononline.com/IJatSoKN/petition.html

-and clicking the "Click here to sign petition" button.

So yes, you physically have to sign. :rolleyes:

221 votes! C'mon ya guys!

Last edited: