Genghis Khan's Mausoleum Found?

Indyologist

I hope it's the real deal, too. That would be great. But you know, I have to laugh because whenever someone mentions Ghengis Khan, I think of of how he was portrayed in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure!

bteagenghisbw.jpg

otto rahn

They have found Ghengis Khan's Mausoleum ? Just be careful not to open any silver coffins that might be found there, just ask Lamont Cranston what sort of problems THAT can cause !;)

The Drifter

Indyologist said:
I hope it's the real deal, too. That would be great. But you know, I have to laugh because whenever someone mentions Ghengis Khan, I think of of how he was portrayed in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure!

bteagenghisbw.jpg

I know I am replying to a very old post, but I also think of the way he was portrayed in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Indy's brother

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I know I am replying to a very old post, but I also think of the way he was portrayed in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
You aren't alone, the image I have of G.K. was shaped that way as well. ;)

Le Saboteur

otto rahn said:
They have found Ghengis Khan's Mausoleum ? Just be careful not to open any silver coffins that might be found there, just ask Lamont Cranston what sort of problems THAT can cause !;)

:(

Sigh. I was hoping that somebody would've added new information to this post. There's always a chance I've missed something.

In the meantime, Genghis Khan's tomb remains undiscovered. Check out The Valley of the Khans Project site for continued updates.

Dr. Albert Yu-Min Lin has an interesting talk on the nascent idea of "crowd-sourcing" an archeological site/dig/expedition.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5Xv9kqxVMH0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

National Geographic "sizzle reel"

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Dl8dc42M1k" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Check out the Field Expedition: Mongolia site.

Le Saboteur

Le Saboteur said:
In the meantime, Genghis Khan's tomb remains undiscovered.

Six years later and the Great Khan's tomb still remains undiscovered. One intrepid explorer/adventurer, Alan Nichols, thinks the tomb now lies in what is historical Mongolia.

ALAN%20CAMEL.JPEG

Alan Nicholas said:
According to Mongolian shamanism, which governs all of this, he must be buried promptly, because when a person dies his spirit goes into his spirit banner, but his bones are invaded by evil forces. You can?t even touch a corpse without dangerous consequences to yourself: physical, mental and emotional.

Alan Nicholas said:
I?d say to those who don?t want him to be found, ?He?s going to be found,?? says Nichols, when I mention the message. ?He?s the most famous warrior in the history of the world. ?We now have satellite imagery, drones, ground-penetrating radar. We have all sorts of things, both from military and from mineral research. They?re going to find it, and they?re going to find it soon. And if it?s not found by someone who wants to take it to the next step ? which is to find the right institutions and way to protect those remains ? it?ll be another Disneyland.

Tessa Chan said:
We become hypnotised by the alien landscape of the Tengger Desert and the lurching movements of the camels. Our ride resembles little what a Mongol army?s would have been like, but gives an idea of how time-consuming it is to cross such challenging terrain. The dunes are steep and the sand gives way under the camels? feet, causing them to slide and stumble; the fact that they?re tied together on a short rope doesn?t help.

Check out the in-depth feature courtesy of the South China Morning Post!