Is the Mole on Indy's neck Canon????

Avilos

mo_13.jpg

Look at that picture above!!! From 1915-1920 Indiana Jones had a small mole on his neck. But before and after that he had NO MOLE! What the heck??? So is the mole Canon? I say no! Damn you George Lucas! You should have forced Sean Patrick Flannery to have it Surgically removed!

All TRUE FANS will agree with me!:mad:

Avilos

metalinvader said:
Lucas should have edited it out with CGI...;) :p

Bah! Real artists must suffer for their work!

Maybe Indy lost the Mole when he was bite in the neck by a Vampire! But according to Sankara, a REAL FAN, that ain't Canon either!!!!

Maybe Indy lost it in a shaving accident???? But it was not shown on Screen... So it can't be Canon either??? :mad:

Finn

Staff member
Even though I smirked slightly, I wonder if we've seen too much threads of this line lately because the joke's starting to wear a little... or then it's just me as usual.

Avilos

Lucas has problems with "Mole Continuity"! Young Obi-Wan has one on his cheek in the Prequels but old Obi-Wan does not!!!! Lightsaber accident?

Matinee Idyll

Maybe Indy lost it in a shaving accident???? But it was not shown on Screen... So it can't be Canon either???

Exactly - I don't recall seeing Harrison Ford shaving once, in any of the Indy films. Clearly, Indy doesn't shave in the official canon. Hell, he doesn't officially go to the toilet either - his bowel is something of a black hole... a quasar... Indys own personal white giant.

Last edited:

metalinvader

Matinee Idyll said:
Exactly - I don't recall seeing Harrison Ford shaving once, in any of the Indy films. Clearly, Indy doesn't shave in the official canon. Hell, he doesn't officially go to the toilet either - his bowel is something of a black hole... a quasar... Indys own personal white giant.

"Shorty,Have you seen my razor?":D

Thank god,He couldn't find it!The whole series may have been ruined!:D

Professor Jones

Finn said:
Even though I smirked slightly, I wonder if we've seen too much threads of this line lately because the joke's starting to wear a little... or then it's just me as usual.

Agree. The thread IS nice but it's very similar to a lot of others... maybe they could be all merged. At least this one with the one about Indy's facial hair.

/Film Interview: Mike Newell, Director of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

While looking for a thread to bump
for suitable place I was stumped

But so absurd
this certainly spurred

my choice as it were to trump

I want to talk to you about your films, obviously, but before I do that, I just want to ask real quickly about your work on ?Young Indiana Jones?. Can you talk a little bit about that?

Ah, right. Yeah, you bet I can. ?Young Indiana Jones? was an absolute lifesaver and back when that was being made, which was kind of the early 1990s, once in a while, some? very times were hard in this country, as they very often are. It?s a kind of cottage industry here, and it has colossal ups as well as colossal downs, and those days were one of the down times. And what happened was George Lucas developed this show and what he wanted was to get absolutely grade A directors for a price. And we needed the money, we needed the jobs, and the marvelous thing about it was that George would? he was immensely generous. He paid very well. He sort of paid straight into your back pockets. If you paid tax on it, that was your affair, but it wasn?t his affair. And he had these sort of wild subjects.

He got a lot of very good writers; a lot of English writers came in and had a lot of fun with what would happen to Indiana Jones as actually a little boy? they did some with a little boy? and as a teenager. And they were a lot of fun. They were a lot of just kind of simple adventure stories at kind of 40, 45 minutes for a TV slot. And you used to shoot these things and you?d go all the world. I mean, it was wonderful. I remember saying, ?You know what? This one, I?d really like to make it like the end of ?Anna Karenina?, have the end of the drama, all happen in front of a great big steam locomotive.? And the guy who was producing it? I mean, George was producing it back in California? but the guy who was doing the kind of day-by-day stuff said, ?Yeah.? He said, ?There are great steam trains in Prague. Let?s go to Prague.? So we packed up our traps and off we went to Prague, and that would happen all over the world. It happened in Africa, it happened in Turkey and Istanbul, all over the show. And these shows were very, very great fun. We had a lot of good times with them. I only did a couple, but I had a great time doing it.

Read more: Exclusive /Film Interview: Mike Newell, Director of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time | /Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/02/16...ce-of-persia-the-sands-of-time/#ixzz0fomT6BgD

Demitasse

I've been enjoying SPF's stint on the final season of Dexter, alas, no sign of Young Indy's neck mole. I've been looking. Maybe it was a prosthetic like the chin scar.

mrman7

Bahaha

I hate to admit it, but this always bothered me too. Gotta just have a little suspension of disbelief I suppose.