Temple of the Forbidden Eye

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Forbidden Eye said:
Sorry, but I'm sure any rumors to update the ride are false.

They did add a show to promote though, I also heard they added Indy twists to The Jungle Cruise.

Is the show that one for the Summer of Adventure though? And Indy running around the streets of Adventureland? That isn't permanent. Does anyone know if the Indy twists to the Jungle Cruise are permanent or if that's just part of the Summer of Adventure promotion too? What are the Indy twists?

Maybe they just gave the ride a grease up and re-touch of paint and what not to get ready for the Summer of Adventure thing.

Little Indy

I'm sure talks to update the ride have happened and may even be ongoing. I sat in on a forum with Tony Baxter, Senior VP of Walt Disney Imagineering, not too long ago and he mentioned that an upgrade was in the pipeline. Now keep in mind it will not change the ride itself as far as the course the jeep takes, but maybe new lines that Indy says during the ride will be added to reference Kingdom. Props maybe added to tie in with the movie. On Pirates of the Carribean there was an upgrade so I can imagine that Temple of the Forbidden Eye would get the same.

Nurhachi1991

Little Indy said:
I'm sure talks to update the ride have happened and may even be ongoing. I sat in on a forum with Tony Baxter, Senior VP of Walt Disney Imagineering, not too long ago and he mentioned that an upgrade was in the pipeline. Now keep in mind it will not change the ride itself as far as the course the jeep takes, but maybe new lines that Indy says during the ride will be added to reference Kingdom. Props maybe added to tie in with the movie. On Pirates of the Carribean there was an upgrade so I can imagine that Temple of the Forbidden Eye would get the same.

I can understand why Pirates got an update because they had to throw in something from the popular film

But the Indy ride was based off of Indy which is a movie so what kind of updates could they do? Just movie referances I guess.

Little Indy

I see what you mean. Temple of the Forbidden Eye is supposed to take place before Kingdom, so how would they incorporate it? Disney usually does good work so I'm excited to see what they do. It may be props from the movie to add to the ambiance as you make your way through the line. For instance the truck at the entrance is said to be the one from Raiders, and the Life saver from the Coronado is hanging on the side close to the Jungle Cruise. And this isn't really a prop, but if you make your way around the park on the Disneyland RR, there is a dog house with the name Indy painted on it. A left over from a Young Indy show idea that was scrubbed.

Oh hey Nurhachi,
Have you moved out to So Cal yet? Hope you like it here.

Nurhachi1991

I'm heading out on the 16th Little Indy. I got to stay here most of the summer which was nice and I will be doing my Senior year at Troy High school. Is it a good school? Have you heard anything about it?

DIrishB

Cagefighterkip said:
the premise of the ride would make a good indy5...

"Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye" would rule lol
:whip:

Eh, we already had the roller-coaster thing in Temple of Doom's ending. ;)

Way of the dodo

maybe I'm nuts, but it really didn't sound like John-rhys Davies' voice (when Sallah talks during the line) last time I rode this ride. Has he been replaced by a sound-alike?

DIrishB

Way of the dodo said:
maybe I'm nuts, but it really didn't sound like John-rhys Davies' voice (when Sallah talks during the line) last time I rode this ride. Has he been replaced by a sound-alike?

I can't say for sure, but I doubt it. Maybe the sound player was slightly off? I can't see why they'd replace him with someone else doing his voice...its not like he makes royalties off the ride or anything, does he?

indy 2000

Indy ride behind the scene- look for the skeleton on the left hand side, he is wearing micky mouse ears. It is hard to spot cause your moving so fast. Also, i used to work at disneyland at night and got to go on the ride many times by myself. I also used to clean the entire track so I got to see everything up close.

Forbidden Eye

Came back from my Disneyland trip not that long ago(which is explained my unmissed absence) and had a memorable experience with the ride. Waited in the longest line all trip(60-65 minutes) and then announced that it has broken down, and in return, gave us a free fast-pass to any ride at the parks except the Nemo submarine Voyage and Toy Story Mania(the two newest ones).

Of course, I used the fast-pass on Indy latter that night when it got back in operation! Still as awesome a ride as ever! It was even worth the wait as it was I think the only time I rode it where literally every single effect worked. Even one effect I wasn't even aware existed worked.

To also sum up the Indy parts of my trip, I finally bought a fedora, so I'm now an official Indy fan lol. I wore it through it whole trip and got some cool/funny comments.

I didn't get to see the new Indy show- not enough time. Although, if I went to Disneyland by myself or even with easier friends, I would've definitely fit it in the schedule.

I did go on the Jungle Cruise. Wasn't much though. All they did was quote a certain infamous line from Indy involving snakes and referenced Indiana Jones a couple times through-out.

mattzilla2010

Forbidden Eye said:
Came back from my Disneyland trip not that long ago(which is explained my unmissed absence) and had a memorable experience with the ride. Waited in the longest line all trip(60-65 minutes) and then announced that it has broken down, and in return, gave us a free fast-pass to any ride at the parks except the Nemo submarine Voyage and Toy Story Mania(the two newest ones).

Of course, I used the fast-pass on Indy latter that night when it got back in operation! Still as awesome a ride as ever! It was even worth the wait as it was I think the only time I rode it where literally every single effect worked. Even one effect I wasn't even aware existed worked.

To also sum up the Indy parts of my trip, I finally bought a fedora, so I'm now an official Indy fan lol. I wore it through it whole trip and got some cool/funny comments.

I was there recently too! August 5th-7th. I was luckily able to ride the ride four times! :D

But that's so lucky that all the effects worked when you went on it! I always notice at least one thing that isn't working properly when I go on.

I too got lots of comments on my Indy hat. One guy wanted to know where I got it, and this other guy was like, "Oh my God, it's Indiana Jones!"

Coronado

I was at Disneyland all day yesterday, and the ride broke down while I was on it! It had already been shut down for a couple of hours earlier in the day (that happens all the time); while I was on the ride it stopped in the main cavern for about five minutes, and also in the boulder room for thirty seconds or so.

I managed to get a few pictures while I was in there - here are some of the best ones:

The bridge:

3140762182_a80933100a.jpg

Approaching the skull room:

3140762466_57fb65987a.jpg

Indyyyy!

3138625507_c45ec9f8b5.jpg

And a couple from after the ride... Choose wisely:

3139453498_54d5633040.jpg

Don't look into the eye!

3139452624_5261924c08.jpg

-Coronado

Indy fan 235

Cool pictures, Coronado! I still haven't had a chance to get to Disneyland and ride that Indy ride, one day. I have been to Disney World plenty of times though, this past October in fact, and check out the Indy stunt show and shop whenever I can.

Morning Bell

I just got back from Disneyland last week and the ride is just as great as I remembered. It had been a few years since I'd last been and the ride never gets old for me. Plus, I was even fortunate enough to get to drive once, which was awesome. I even wore my MK VII bag the entire time to retain that true Indy feel.:)

Goonie

It's funny, when I was there in Disneyland for the third time in '94 I got to see the outside lineup area all completed and got to walk around the camp scene. I didn't get to ride it until '07 on my fourth trip there - 13 years later! It was torture; waiting those 13 years to get to ride it. I made sure to ride it lots, but riding it the very first time was the best!

There are a few little things though that I wish they could fix:
The mist projection of the rats: sometimes when there is a draft it messes-up the mist screen and it's hard to see. It wasn't until a number of rides after that I finally realized it was rats.
The dart corridor: they need to fix this with some relief carvings rather than painted skeletons - it really takes away from the ride experience (it gives it that cheap feel, like Mutt swinging with the monkeys ;) )
And... If they could somehow persuade Harrison to do a face sculpt and voiceover, do this for the Indy ride like they did with Johnny Depp for Pirates.

Insomniac

Goonie said:
It's funny, when I was there in Disneyland for the third time in '94 I got to see the outside lineup area all completed and got to walk around the camp scene. I didn't get to ride it until '07 on my fourth trip there - 13 years later! It was torture; waiting those 13 years to get to ride it. I made sure to ride it lots, but riding it the very first time was the best!

There are a few little things though that I wish they could fix:
The mist projection of the rats: sometimes when there is a draft it messes-up the mist screen and it's hard to see. It wasn't until a number of rides after that I finally realized it was rats.
The dart corridor: they need to fix this with some relief carvings rather than painted skeletons - it really takes away from the ride experience (it gives it that cheap feel, like Mutt swinging with the monkeys ;) )
And... If they could somehow persuade Harrison to do a face sculpt and voiceover, do this for the Indy ride like they did with Johnny Depp for Pirates.
For Indy V they should do a renovation like haunted mansion and pirates did not to long ago! Harrison's voice new affects new animatronics and a reopening on the day of the film!

Short Rounded

mattzilla2010 said:
And this other guy was like, "Oh my God, it's Indiana Jones!"
I sam one of the live shows at Disney around Christmas at Big Thunder Ranch and the people stopped the show half way through to tell this guy who was in the audience wearing a fedora ,"You're a great man Mr. Jones. Brave hero." lol:whip: