1960s?

Kai Hagen

Think about it.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8S3Yt-NxY0E" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YiTn4Vv7Qmk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Raiders90

I said years ago that 1964 would be a great choice for a year; early enough that hippies and Vietnam aren't really a thing yet, and if you have a portion set in the US, a frantic cat and mouse chase through the 1964 NY World's Fair (where, coincidentally, James Bond's famed Astin Martin made its debut months before the film came out) would be quite the setpiece. We've seen Jones in deserts, rainforests and the jungles of Peru. We've never seen him in the concrete jungle. Think of the Hitchcockian bowling ball sequence in the City of Gods script and transpose it to 1964 New York.

Raiders90

IF a 60s set Indy V still happens, would anyone else be okay with one or two 60s songs being used in the film, the way ToD used Gershwin, LC used Jazz, and CS used Rock N' Roll? I honestly would like this very much but limited to early 60s pop:

Runaway - Del Shannon
Crazy - Patsy Cline
Gimme Some Lovin' - Spencer Davis
Kingston Caylpso from Dr. No playing in the background somewhere as a liyyle homage to James Bond would also be cool.

I know right now all is up in the air, and early 60s set Indy V is unlikely even if it happens, with the late 60s being more likely, but man, an Indy film in the Kennedy years would be interesting.

TheFirebird1

Raiders112390 said:
IF a 60s set Indy V still happens, would anyone else be okay with one or two 60s songs being used in the film, the way ToD used Gershwin, LC used Jazz, and CS used Rock N' Roll? I honestly would like this very much but limited to early 60s pop:

Runaway - Del Shannon
Crazy - Patsy Cline
Gimme Some Lovin' - Spencer Davis
Kingston Caylpso from Dr. No playing in the background somewhere as a liyyle homage to James Bond would also be cool.
I completely agree with you, especially on the calypso part. A lot of Dr. No's soundtrack contained pieces from Byron Lee and the Dragonaires, like "Three Blind Mice", which would be perfect for an Indy film.
Perhaps Indy 5 should open in post-independence Jamaica.

WilliamBoyd8

It's early 1969 and Indy is wandering in the Nevada desert looking for Indian petroglyphs (rock carvings).

He spots a group of hippies and film cameras and walks over to meet them.

One young man approaches Indy and says "Hi, I'm Steven Spielberg. Want to be in a movie?".

:)

WilliamBoyd8 said:
It's early 1969 and Indy is wandering in the Nevada desert looking for Indian petroglyphs (rock carvings).

He spots a group of hippies and film cameras and walks over to meet them.

One young man approaches Indy and says "Hi, I'm Steven Spielberg. Want to be in a movie?".

:)

That would be cool and rather clever (y)

Raiders90

Why not have Indy IV set in the late 60's, where Prof. Jones battles a group of counterculture acid-dropping hippies setting out to destroy the "institutionalization" of higher education at his university? It could be part Indiana Jones, part Pink Floyd...awesome

this may end up being more on the mark than the poster realized