Temple of Doom Smith's Crisps Food Premiums

griffbo

Hi All,

I don't know if anybody can help but I'm trying to find the Smith's Crisps food premiums which were part of the Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom promotion. I have 2 Lao Che Double Cross Wipe 'n play games but still need the other ones which were:

Thuggee Guards
Get the Three Sacred Stones
Scramble To Safety
Race from the Temple

I don't know if anybody has any of these to sell. I'm willing to trade one of my Lao Che Double Cross cards as well.

Thanks

I know someone who has them, but he's going to want to know more about you and why you like Indiana Jones before he sits at your table.

If I were you you, I'd ante up and sweeten the pot with examples of the Smith's Crisps you aleady have...

...got any pix?

Montana Smith

SmithsIndycards1.jpg

SmithsIndycards2.jpg

SmithsIndycards3.jpg

But not for sale! :whip:

griffbo

Those are some great scans!

I can understand why you wouldn't want to sell the cards as they are nice pieces.

In response to Rocket Surgeon's comments, I've been an Indiana Jones fan since early '84 when I caught a re-release of Raiders of the Lost Ark at my local cinema. I convinced my parents to get me Raiders on VHS for my birthday and then I proceeded to watch it over 20 times that summer. This also coincided with the release of Temple of Doom which made for a great summer!

I have a fairly decent collection which I've gathered since '84. The collection covers most areas and because of this I have quite a few areas where I need to complete.

I've recently bought a house with enough room to start displaying some of the collection and I'm now trying to sort it out and identify which areas I need to complete. The smith's promotion is one of those areas.

Below are a couple of pictures of the Lao Che's Double Cross play n' wipe cards that I have along with the Smith's mail-away poster.

2012-12-28105629_zps1a199fb5.jpg

2012-12-28105708_zpsf43a1c47.jpg

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
griffbo said:
Those are some great scans!

I can understand why you wouldn't want to sell the cards as they are nice pieces.

Well, if you gave him to fare to Marrakesh....

Only a few have them, like golddust. :D

Even Spiderman couldn't miss the IJ pomotion!

indycrisps_zpsf0c0867b.jpg

Last edited:

griffbo

Here's a close up of one of the artworks...enjoy!

Very nice artwork on these pieces. I kick myself repeatedly for not tracking these down sooner.

This is a scan from the IJTOD Exhibitors Campaign Book which mentions the Smiths Promotion.

IJTOD-SmithsPromotion_zps1ccca119.jpg

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
This talk of licenced food products is making me hungry. Anyone fancy a Wagon Wheel...all the way from OZ.

wwad_zps6bdd1b70.jpg

Last edited:
There are at least 5 cards -

Get the Sacred Stones
Race from the Temple of Doom
Lao Che's Doublecross
Thuggee Guards
Scramble to Safety​

Has anyone ever come across any others?