List of movies with the Ark of the Covenant

AnnieJones

I need help looking for a movie that I saw scenes of in a YouTube video a while back. At the end of the video there was a list of what movies the scenes were taken from. I can't remember the name of the video and I should have written down the name of the movie,but like an idiot I didn't. I wish I would have written down the name of the movie so I could rent it and watch the whole movie later. Here is what I remember,the movie was an older movie,in black and white,the man in the movie was dressed similar to Indiana Jones,his last name was Jones,and it had the Ark of the Covenant in it. So,you can see why I want to know the name of this movie,because it reminds me a lot of Indiana Jones. This inspired me to make a list of movies with the Ark of the Covenant in them. Does anybody here know what movie I'm talking about or know of any movies you can add to the list? Here is what I have so far (listed by year).

1.David and Bathsheba (1951) with Gregory Peck
2.Solomon and Sheba (1959) with Yul Brynner
3.Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) with Harrison Ford
4.Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989,the Ark was on the wall in the tomb) with Harrison Ford
5.Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008,the Ark made a cameo appearance in Hanger 51) with Harrison Ford

All of these reference the ark in some way...

Last Temptation of Christ: I even saw the Ark of the Covenant stolen from the temple.
Zeitgeist:The Movie: ...virgin birth and resurrection, crucifixion, the ark of the covenant
Firehouse Dog:Oh, my God. It's the Ark of the Covenant.
Atlantis, the Lost Continent: Archaeologists and academics who had joined the SS Ahenerbe imagining they were knights of a new order searching for the Holy Grail, the Ark of the Covenant and Atlantis...
The Green Pastures: King Herod said he's gonna take the temple tomorrow. Burn the Ark of the Covenant, and put us all to the sword.
Bunuel y la mesa del rey Salomon: The Table was the most valuable object in Solomon's Temple, next to the Ark of the Covenant.
Templeridderness Skat: But some like me think that they found the Ark of the Covenant.
Lucia: Ark of the Covenant. Pray for us.
Believer: Ass hole! Didn't you see Raiders Of The Lost Ark?
What Happens in Vegas: Raiders of the Lost Ark is probably the best movie ever made.

AnnieJones

TheMutt92 said:
Its been years since I've seen it, but I'm assuming The Ten Commandments.
I can't remember if The Ten Commandments had the Ark or not. I think it was seen from a distance at the end of the movie. I'll have to check the movie then add it to the list.
Rocket Surgeon said:
Last Temptation of Christ: I even saw the Ark of the Covenant stolen from the temple.
Zeitgeist:The Movie: ...virgin birth and resurrection, crucifixion, the ark of the covenant
Firehouse Dog:Oh, my God. It's the Ark of the Covenant.
Atlantis, the Lost Continent: Archaeologists and academics who had joined the SS Ahenerbe imagining they were knights of a new order searching for the Holy Grail, the Ark of the Covenant and Atlantis...
The Green Pastures: King Herod said he's gonna take the temple tomorrow. Burn the Ark of the Covenant, and put us all to the sword.
Bunuel y la mesa del rey Salomon: The Table was the most valuable object in Solomon's Temple, next to the Ark of the Covenant.
Templeridderness Skat: But some like me think that they found the Ark of the Covenant.
Lucia: Ark of the Covenant. Pray for us.
Believer: Ass hole! Didn't you see Raiders Of The Lost Ark?
What Happens in Vegas: Raiders of the Lost Ark is probably the best movie ever made.
Thank you Rocket Surgeon,but I'm only looking for visual references not verbal references.

AnnieJones

TheMutt92 said:
Its been years since I've seen it, but I'm assuming The Ten Commandments.
AnnieJones said:
I can't remember if The Ten Commandments had the Ark or not. I think it was seen from a distance at the end of the movie. I'll have to check the movie then add it to the list.
No,I checked and the Ark is not in The Ten Commandments.It was only mentioned.
Attila the Professor said:
It helps a little,but I still wish I knew the name of the movie I can't remember the name to that I mentioned on my first post.

Last edited:

AnnieJones

Updated 7/5/2011

4.Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989,the Ark was on the wall in the tomb.) with Harrison Ford
5.Ancient Mysteries, Episode: The Lost Ark of the Covenant, Original Air Date: January 21, 1994 (1994–1998 TV series documentary) with Leonard Nimoy
6.Pi (1998) with Sean Gullette
7.Tempelriddernes skat (A Denmark movie who's English title is "The Lost Treasure of the Knights Templar".)(2006) with Julie Grundtvig Wester
8.Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008,the Ark made a cameo appearance in Hanger 51.) with Harrison Ford
9.Kings (2009 TV series) with Ian McShane
10.Rose Parade (January 1,2010,Pasadena,California,The Lutheran Hour The Ten Commandments - Jesus Fulfilled Float,which was based on Matthew 5:17,had a huge Ark on their float.Even though this isn't a movie I decided to put it on the list just in case somebody is looking for it.Here are two videos of it: The Ten Commandments - Jesus Fulfilled Part 2 of 2 and ROSE PARADE 2010: LUTHERAN's TEN COMMANDMENTS, JESUS FULFILLED 09-01-22.I like how the first video has music from the movie The Ten Commandments.)
11.The Masonic Map (2011) with Karen Peterson

Last edited:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
AnnieJones said:
I need help looking for a movie that I saw scenes of in a YouTube video a while back. At the end of the video there was a list of what movies the scenes were taken from. I can't remember the name of the video and I should have written down the name of the movie,but like an idiot I didn't. I wish I would have written down the name of the movie so I could rent it and watch the whole movie later. Here is what I remember,the movie was an older movie,in black and white,the man in the movie was dressed similar to Indiana Jones,his last name was Jones,and it had the Ark of the Covenant in it. So,you can see why I want to know the name of this movie,because it reminds me a lot of Indiana Jones.

Now that I've read this more closely, I think I might know what you're actually after:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eE9-FcJnQGA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AnnieJones

No,this isn't it either.The video I watched was put up by someone who was against Indiana Jones and complained about Indiana Jones through the whole video.That's why I didn't like the video and the only thing I liked about it was the movie that was shown on it.I think the movie that I saw might be in this video at 2:30 with Charlton Heston.No,never mind.It's not it either.

Last edited:

Stoo

AnnieJones said:
Here is what I remember,the movie was an older movie,in black and white,the man in the movie was dressed similar to Indiana Jones,his last name was Jones,and it had the Ark of the Covenant in it.
Hi, Annie. Hope you are well. Did you ever find out the title of this film?:confused:

AnnieJones

No, I wasn't. It was a YouTube video, not the t.v., the actors were completely different, and their characters names were different, other than the last name of the main character, which was Jones. I could clearly tell it was an older movie because the quality looked like that of an older movie. That was the point of the YouTube video anyway, to show older movies that looked like Indiana Jones. This video had several older Indiana Jones looking movies in it and the names of the different movies were listed at the end of this YouTube video. I should have written the name of that one down because it reminded me a lot of Indiana Jones, not exactly the same, but still a lot like it. If I remember right the name of the movie didn't have "Jones" in the title.

Like I said, I'll find it later.

Truth Guardian

Truth Guardian

AnnieJones said:
I need help looking for a movie that I saw scenes of in a YouTube video a while back. At the end of the video there was a list of what movies the scenes were taken from. I can't remember the name of the video and I should have written down the name of the movie,but like an idiot I didn't. I wish I would have written down the name of the movie so I could rent it and watch the whole movie later. Here is what I remember,the movie was an older movie,in black and white,the man in the movie was dressed similar to Indiana Jones,his last name was Jones,and it had the Ark of the Covenant in it. So,you can see why I want to know the name of this movie,because it reminds me a lot of Indiana Jones. This inspired me to make a list of movies with the Ark of the Covenant in them. Does anybody here know what movie I'm talking about or know of any movies you can add to the list? Here is what I have so far (listed by year).

4.Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989,the Ark was on the wall in the tomb) with Harrison Ford
5.Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008,the Ark made a cameo appearance in Hanger 51) with Harrison Ford
Well to answer your question, I believe you saw Harry Steele in Secret of the Incas with Charlton Heston which inspired Raiders Of The Lost Ark. if I remember this video you are talking about the poster of the video added scenes like David And Bathsheba and other footage from other movies to make it look like Raiders a direct rip off of an older film.