Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
We have a separate thread for what's happening in Florida, this is for strictly Star Wars development in California (which might someday include a hidden Indy or two). We can still dream of an Indy Land, but not where the Young Indy Adventure Spectacular was intended to go.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMgkeyHVAAExVkn.jpg

This is one guess how they'll cram a 14 acres land into an 85 acre park. The train will likely get an interesting new tunnel. Big Thunder Ranch and backstage corrals are gone after January 10. They're closing and draining the River probably for a year so no one will see any demolition or deforestation by the quietest chainsaws available.
Work to make room for this new land at Disneyland park in California will require the Rivers of America and the Disneyland Railroad to close temporarily. The following will suspend operations at the end of the operating day on January 10: The Disneyland Railroad, including all stations, Attractions along the Rivers of America, including: ?Fantasmic!?, Mark Twain Riverboat and Sailing Ship Columbia, Pirate?s Lair on Tom, Sawyer Island, and Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes. We look forward to all of these attractions reopening in the future. Elsewhere in Frontierland, Big Thunder Ranch ? including Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue, Big Thunder Ranch Petting Farm and Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree ? will close permanently at the end of the operating day on January 10.
Strange things are happening...

Last edited:

TheFedora

I really want to go when this is all finished. This is going to be the biggest expansion at Disneyland for quite some time, and even though I have been hearing that ticket prices will go up again, I still kind of want to go.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Pale Horse said:
This is speculation, right?
Toy Story reference. Spacemen > cowboys.

Indiana-Jones-Poster-web.jpg

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Disneyland will finally beat a path all the way around the Rivers. Also erode the island, reroute the railroad and relocate the Indians.

StarWarsExpansion-After-610x518.jpg

InexorableTash

*sigh* But I guess I'm one of those "it belongs in a museum!" types.

We rode the Columbia and Mark Twain around and visited Big Thunder Ranch on its final day. Hopefully the new Land will suck some of the crowds out of the rest of the park. But I'm not optimistic.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
parc-star-wars-land-nouvelles-images_022621.jpg

And, alcohol.
The cantina adheres to a strict code of conduct that tries to keep its unruly patrons in check. But with a history of being a smugglers? safe haven and a popular stopping point for those seeking to avoid the authorities, you can bet that the cantina has a story or two to tell.
And, gambling? Indians used to dwell on this land.

InexorableTash

Smugglers Rub: bleah; confusing pre-show, neat sets (hey, we're on the Falcon!), shouty/blurry/flashy/over

Rise of the Resistance: very, very well done. Definitely an E-ticket.

The land itself is amazingly crafted and nicely immersive. Without more attractions, though... it still feels like a large area to mostly just pass through, maybe stop for noms. We're not the target demographic though - I assume those are young Star Wars or Harry Potter fans trying to decide which park to go to, so massive land and lots of themed merch to buy is what to offer guests.

The highlight of our late June, post-mask/pre-Delta visit was... everything else being nearly as empty as a 2006 off-season visit. Also, chatting with Maynard.

Pale Horse

Staff member
The highlight of our late June, post-mask/pre-Delta visit was... everything else being nearly as empty as a 2006 off-season visit. Also, chatting with Maynard.
PM-PD: Bloody Hell. Is this the world we're living in now, LOL.
I have one reason to go back to Disneyland this present season. I'll let my bride tell you if she registers here