Young Indy clothing

James Kidd

I feel like there needs to be a page to chat about the suits Indy wears in the tv series. There are some great outfits in that series. Especialy the ones with waistcoats and suspenders. Does anybody know more about Indy's outfits in the show?
:hat:

Raiders90

I love his outfit from the Translyvania part of Masks of Evil. I also love how his costume foreshadows at times the classic Indy gear. Obviously, it's not the same, but put in silhouette and you could mistake it.

James Kidd

Certainly! I like his suit in the final scenes of Winds of Change, when he leaves his home. Something that I noticed too, young Indy wears his waistcoat with all buttons closed. Whereas in Raiders and Last Crusade he wears the bottom button undone. I thought this was quite interesting.
:)

Stoo

James Kidd said:
Does anybody know more about Indy's outfits in the show?:hat:
Hello, James. Welcome to The Raven! :hat:

I know quite a bit about this but my expertise is mainly with his military duds. Straight off the bat, I can tell you that most of his fedoras were made by Herbert Johnson. (An inside label is even visible during one of the episodes...can't remember which one right now.)

The beige outfit that L'il Indy wears in Egypt, Benares, Greece, etc. is a mini-version of a Norfolk hunting jacket & knickerbockers. Tell-tale signs being his belt and traces of box pleats running up & down both sides of the front. The pleats are visible in certain scenes, barely, and are pretty much flattened out (due to the rigours of travelling, we must assume) but he is definitely wearing a Norfolk.

Re: Young Indy Gear and Props:
Two summers ago in Barcelona, I bought a vintage, WW1 Belgian Congo pith helmet that perfectly matches Indy's from 1916/17...minus the cap badge. Been meaning to post pictures but procrastination (& then Photobucket) put the kibosh on that.

112390 said:
I love his outfit from the Translyvania part of Masks of Evil.
That's a cool one, for sure, and probably my favourite of his 'civilian' clothes, although he does looks great in Istanbul, too. His leather coat in "Verdun" and "Attack of the Hackmen" also rocks, big time.

Cinemalens

Brilliant!

Stoo! You are an endless wealth of Young Indy knowledge, and we all owe you a great deal. :hat:

That verdun jacket is one of Indy's best outfits ever, in my opinion, and deserves it's place as one of his more iconic looks. I've been trying to find a pair of those motorcycle goggles for months now to add to my collection XD

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned his Mexico 1916 look. Great echoing of the original gear, and I believe the introduction of the KOTCS rucksack (unless I am mistaken).

I hope you do post pics of that Congo pith helmet, Stoo. Also, do you have any insight on Kid Indy's Egypt 1908 pith helmet?

Cinemalens

Brilliant!

Also, does anyone have any insight of some of the props of the show? the 1909 Africa binoculars, Sophie's locket, Kid Indy's baseball cards, the model of soprano Sax in MOTB, etc.?

Last edited:

James Kidd

His mexico 1916 outfit is great as well. It seems as if in the episode Spring Break Adventure he sort of rediscovers his fedora. When he goes out at night with Nancy, he opens his closet and looks at iy for a bit before deciding to put it on. Not like he forgot he had it or something, but as if he's not worn it in quite some time.

I must also bring up his suits in Espionage Escapades. First, the outfit he wears during the final stages of the Barcelona part. The white shirt and tan trousers with suspenders. And later, in Prague, the suit during his kafkaesque adventure concerning that telephone. It's a grey three piece suit with a pocket watch and dark blue tie. Real nice as well.
:hat: