Find Your Fate

Iandiana

I just discovered "Giants" and "Horror Island" in an old box in my room. Alongside them was the original releases of the novelisations. If only I could more than a pound each on ebay...

Lao_Che

"While your friends go to camp and travel with their families, you embark on an exciting journey with your cousin Indiana Jones, the great archaeologist, to the distant Coral Sea."

Is this cousin of Jones you play in all the books or just Curse of Horror Island?

Junior Jones

Lao_Che said:
"While your friends go to camp and travel with their families, you embark on an exciting journey with your cousin Indiana Jones, the great archaeologist, to the distant Coral Sea."

Is this cousin of Jones you play in all the books or just Curse of Horror Island?

A few times it's a cousin, sometimes it's an intern at the museum, at least once it's just a bystander who gets pulled into the adventure.

AnnieJones

Indiana Jones Find Your Fate Books

I have read books 1 & 2 of the Find Your Fate Series and I think,out of the 2 I've read,they are pretty good.Has anyone else read the Find Your Fate books and if so what did you think of them?

I think I have them all.

1-9, then 16 and 17. Numbers 10-15 were James Bond, I think. I loved these books when I was a teen. I wish they were still published with the original covers. My copies are pretty worn out, since I got them as they were published. I think a couple were reprinted to cash in on R.L. Stine's name after the Goosebumps series became popular.

Short Rounded

I read one of R.L. Stine's Find Your Fate books...it was pretty bad. It was not like Indy at all. skulls falling from mountains, and apes eating people and keeping them hostage:eek: . I think that's what the Ape Island one is about... all I remember is that they were not like Indy.:(

Goonie

AnnieJones said:
I have read books 1 & 2 of the Find Your Fate Series and I think,out of the 2 I've read,they are pretty good.Has anyone else read the Find Your Fate books and if so what did you think of them?

I've got #4 Eye of the Fates. It's the only one I have. They are hard to find. I'd like to get the whole series eventually.

From the Young Indy "Choose Your Own Adventure" series I got #1 and #2. These books are also hard to find.

Morning Bell

I have one of the Young Indy "Choose Your Fate" books (the one that takes place in Mexico; I can't remember the title at the moment) but I haven't been able to get ahold of any of the others.

Goonie

Morning Bell said:
I have one of the Young Indy "Choose Your Fate" books (the one that takes place in Mexico; I can't remember the title at the moment) but I haven't been able to get ahold of any of the others.

It's South of the Border, which is #2, one of the books I have.

Short Rounded said:
I read one of R.L. Stine's Find Your Fate books...it was pretty bad. It was not like Indy at all. skulls falling from mountains, and apes eating people and keeping them hostage:eek: . I think that's what the Ape Island one is about... all I remember is that they were not like Indy.:(

Ape Slaves was pretty bad. R.L. Stine took a hiatus from the series then returned with Ape Slaves. Megan Stine and H. William Stine continued with the next book, Mask of the Elephant. That one wasn't very good either.

I remember I did like some of the earlier books in the series (Horror Island, Mummy's Tomb, Eye of the Fates) but there were a few scenes that bothered me. One of them had Indy flying an airplane and some mention of "your uncle's expert flying skills" or something to that effect, which contradicts the movies. As far as I know, Indy learned to fly after Temple but never really learned to land.

Anyway, I wish I could find some mint conditions of these books with the original covers. Mine are pretty faded and worn out.

Indy's Fist

punisher5150 said:
Ape Slaves was pretty bad. R.L. Stine took a hiatus from the series then returned with Ape Slaves. Megan Stine and H. William Stine continued with the next book, Mask of the Elephant. That one wasn't very good either.

I remember I did like some of the earlier books in the series (Horror Island, Mummy's Tomb, Eye of the Fates) but there were a few scenes that bothered me. One of them had Indy flying an airplane and some mention of "your uncle's expert flying skills" or something to that effect, which contradicts the movies. As far as I know, Indy learned to fly after Temple but never really learned to land.

Anyway, I wish I could find some mint conditions of these books with the original covers. Mine are pretty faded and worn out.

I see these on Ebay from time to time. Most are in very fine to near mint condition. Be warned some of the sellers feel these are worth a lot of money and have high prices for them.

Reprints

If they do, I hope they use the original painted covers. There was some pretty good cover art for this series! The couple of books they did reprint of R.L.Stines had new covers with just a small picture of Indy's face framed in a box, and R.L.Stine's name in huge letters and nothing else of interest on the cover. That's why I never bought the reprints.

AnnieJones

Yeah,I know right.It was so unfair because all it had on the reprinted covers were a small picture of Indiana Jones and even his name was in smaller letters compared to the big letters that provided the title of the books.On the cover of the originals people can easily see him(right there can't miss him)and his name(in big bold letters).The newer ones people have to practically search to find him and his name.I couldn't see him at first,I had to literally look for him to find him on the cover.

I totally agree with you about the original cover art as well.(y) If it is going to be an "Indy book" it should have more of an Indy theme on the cover than what the newer covers have.

Anyway,I'm sooo happy I read two books that have good cover art(book 1 and 2 of the Indiana Jones Find Your Fate series).(y)

Last edited:

Peru1936

I loved the Find Your Fate, Which Way, and Choose Your Own Adventure Books as a youngster.

I had a few of the Indy ones, and particularly loved #4, Indiana Jones & the Eye of the Fates.

What I didn't like is that you accompany Indy on his adventures, rather than being Indy.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
I wonder what the licences are for these books. It would be good if someone could do a digital version of the books. Prehaps as webpages.

AnnieJones

Peru1936 said:
I loved the Find Your Fate, Which Way, and Choose Your Own Adventure Books as a youngster.
I never heard of the Which Way books.Are they Indiana Jones books?If so,what are they like?

Peru1936

AnnieJones said:
I never heard of the Which Way books.Are they Indiana Jones books?If so,what are they like?

They were great. They often dealt with sorcery and high adventure and sometimes science fiction. There weren't any Indy books. Here's a list of all of them: http://gamebooks.org/wwlist.htm

#9, Creatures of the Dark was always my favourite.

Joosse

These books are pretty OK if you consider the time they were published in. They mostly have not so much to do with 'real' Indiana Jones anyway.

But I wanted them to complete my collection... ;)