An AU where Marcus Brody was in it

Paul Pauley

I think that Elliot, even if he had lived, would be pretty elderly by the time of this so maybe a recast with another veteran distinguished British actor?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Even with Elliott being alive, I still think the outcome would have been the same- for example, Connery is still alive and opting to be not in the film, yet they killed off Henry Snr. Elliott would have been elderly/retired the way Connery is I would think.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Elliott would have been 85 at the time of the film's production.

I think the moment where Stanforth/Brody resigns would have had a bit more weight, though, on the other hand, the character would be at an age where such a gesture might not seem that meaningful.

Maybe we'd have been freed of the notion that Marcus would be a Dean of Students, which seems somewhat improbable, and remote from the museum duties and pursuits that had otherwise been his life's work?

Paul Pauley

TVTropes Dot Org notes that the photograph of Marcus shown in CS is from TLC at a point in the film where he was lost so it's a bit of a mystery how it was taken...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I could say the same about the Henry photo on his desk. That's definitely a production still- I know I've seen it in one of the making of books in the Last Crusade bits somewhere.

Finn

Staff member
Well, even if every devoted Indyfan does know immediately where they're from, naturally those photos were not taken of them during the events of LC in-universe.

Sorry for playing Captain Obvious here.

Paul Pauley

So Marcus visited the same exact spot and was surrounded by the same people, but it's not during the events of LC?

;)