Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Le Saboteur

Production has officially begun on Vol. 2 of Guardians of the Galaxy!

Baby Groot! More angry Rocket! Oh and that Star Lord guy.

56c3f1ad33142.jpg

Le Saboteur

Le Saboteur said:
Production has officially begun on Vol. 2 of Guardians of the Galaxy!

And a mere eight months later we have our first look at the second outing of these infamous a-holes.

Come and get your love.

You're welcome.

TheFedora

really excited. I loved the trailer and it seems that they are really developing these characters well.

Le Saboteur

ZOMG!! The movie's been out for a month and nobody has bothered to see it or comment?!?!

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is the best movie Marvel has done, but Guardians, with just two entries, has maintained a consistency that's unrivaled by the other mainline entries. If the original Guardians is four star flick, then Vol. 2 is a three point-five star flick at worst.

thumbnail_25566.jpg

Rocket remains my favorite character, but Drax and Yondu are the real standouts this time around. James Gunn has done exceptional work on adding on to the foundation established in Vol. 1. All the side characters are given more screen time and to develop their relationships with each other.

Favorite song from the movie:

TheFedora

I saw this movie a few weeks ago and I thought it was pretty good. The character relationships in particular in this sequel are really well developed and expanded upon from the first movie. You really feel that you know all of the guardians so much better now.

Joe Brody

The sisters subplot is what I liked most.

No one serves up little surprises like this better than Marvel.

[Rocket's self-loathing was a bit tough. Gunn gonna milk that for all its worth.]

Pale Horse

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
The sisters subplot is what I liked most.

No one serves up little surprises like this better than Marvel.

[Rocket's self-loathing was a bit tough. Gunn gonna milk that for all its worth.]

No Kurt Russell love?

Forbidden Eye

Le Saboteur said:
ZOMG!! The movie's been out for a month and nobody has bothered to see it or comment?!?!

I still haven't seen it, and don't intend on it. Ever since they took out Tower of Terror to put in Guardians Of The Galaxy, all my enthusiam(which was never HUGE) for the series got drained out. As has my enthusiasm for everything Marvel and superheroes in general(I haven't even seen Doctor Strange).

I pretty much boycott all superhero movies now, in hope Hollywood starts getting more creative and make something else. People will eventually catch on, and superhero movies will eventually fade out of style the same way musicals and westerns have generally faded out. Just hope that day is sooner rather than later.

Le Saboteur

Forbidden Eye said:
I still haven't seen it, and don't intend on it.

I don't actually care -- unlike Z Dweller -- about the lack of commentary. Still, we thank you for participating. It's nice to see that this place isn't a totally dead scene.

Forbidden Eye said:
Ever since they took out Tower of Terror to put in Guardians Of The Galaxy, all my enthusiam(which was never HUGE) for the series got drained out. As has my enthusiasm for everything Marvel and superheroes in general(I haven't even seen Doctor Strange).

I pretty much boycott all superhero movies now, in hope Hollywood starts getting more creative and make something else. People will eventually catch on, and superhero movies will eventually fade out of style the same way musicals and westerns have generally faded out. Just hope that day is sooner rather than later.

giphy.gif

The remainder of your post, however, is the epitome of the 'I don't like something, therefore it's terrible.' attitude that has infected the 'net. It ranks up there with so-called 'Expert' reviews or comic con nerds crapping on Renn faire nerds.

Pale Horse said:
No Kurt Russell love?

That hair is godlike.

Le Saboteur

Who else is getting down and dirty with a procyon lotor?

I was going to talk about the cartoon, but, man Disney's teevee animation department has really, really crapped the bed. They canceled Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes for this?

Compare with this: