Funko Pop

TheFedora

One of the Comic Con Exclusives this year will be a Funko Pop of Indy with the Idol.
oOUntS8.png

I am going to comic con this year so Im going to try and get one of them although to be honest my hope isn't that great for my luck. :(

ROB98374

I desperately want one also!!
Why don't you up an extra one for me while you are down there?;)

Dr.Jonesy

An exclusive? Sheesh...c'mon. This was way overdue for a general release.

I know Funko's co-founder. I'll have to ask him what is up regarding no wide release Indy figures.

I mean, Sixteen Candles and 22 Jump Street had collections.

And couldn't they at least get the pants color right?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Excellent -my local geek place Zing gets the Comic Con exclusives in so hoping this will be on their list this year. And maybe this is not the final art- maybe the pants will be corrected.

TheFedora

So...the comic con exclusives won't be released in stores. However there will be a second Indiana Jones Funko pop released that will be exclusive to Disneyland or Disneyworld.
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/07/photo...ive-indiana-jones-pop-vinyl-coming-july-22nd/

295D8eh.jpg

L3WsEzS.png

The Disney Parks Exclusive figure will have a retail of $19.99, and it will be released at the following Disney Parks merchandise locations:

Disneyland Resort

Disneyland park ? Adventureland Bazaar
Downtown Disney District ? D-Street
Walt Disney World Resort

Disney?s Hollywood Studios ? Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost
Disney Springs Marketplace ? Disney?s Pin Traders
Guests may also have this figure shipped directly to home using the Shop Disney Parks mobile app.

The best part about this is that apparently you can buy it online using the mobile app. So that going to the parks is not required to get this.

Arab Swordsman

I am heading to Disney this week. If anyone wants to trade a SDCC Funko for a Disney one I could pick it up while I'm there.

ROB98374

Arab Swordsman said:
I am heading to Disney this week. If anyone wants to trade a SDCC Funko for a Disney one I could pick it up while I'm there.
If you could get one for me, I'd greatly appreciate it! They are sold out online. :(

JasonMa

My father-in-law picked one up for me from Walt Disney World this morning but I won't get it until we go down to visit him in October.

ROB98374 said:
If you could get one for me, I'd greatly appreciate it! They are sold out online. :(

They sold out in the Parks within 30 minutes... and it seems all online orders are cancelled (I don't know anyone that has a confirmed order but maybe there are a lucky few?)

TheFedora

throwmetheidol said:
They sold out in the Parks within 30 minutes... and it seems all online orders are cancelled (I don't know anyone that has a confirmed order but maybe there are a lucky few?)

I had hoped to try to find one of the comic con exclusives at Comic Con...I found one on the second day at a third party booth...marked up at 200 dollars from the original purchase price at 15 dollars. (The funko exclusives themselves at comic con are almost impossible to get from the funko booth.)

So yeah. Belloq won.

JasonMa

BTW the 3rd Funko Pop from NY Comic-Con was also released at the Disney parks in October but I missed it.

Does anyone know why Funko hasn't done more Indy Pops? I see some of the licenses they're rolling out (Alias? Space Jam?) and I'm just surprised more hasn't been done with this major license.

They probably only were allowed to use Indy for some kind of exclusives? And are waiting the Indy 5 hype to do more. I don't see much activity with the Indy license at the moment outside of the games being released on GOG and Young Indy on Netflix, or on TV (at least in France).

JasonMa

I picked up the Indy jeep Pop at Denver Comic-Con this weekend. I got it for $50 which isn't bad considering Disney sold it in the parks for $40. Another table had it for $65.

Solid piece and Indy can be removed from the jeep. Now I just need the $200 San-Diego Comic-Con Pop with the idol. I'm never getting that...

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Here are (were?) the Disney World Stunt Spectacular 25th exclusive and limited (gold) Funkos from last year.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
A nice tour of Brian Mariotti's home and added 7000 square foot basement including a Star Wars themed 26 seat theater. (Here's a similar property.)
An avid collector of Funko toys, in 2001 he called the company’s founder Mike Becker, who operated from his home in nearby Snohomish, to ask how the toys were made. When Mr. Becker sent him a few samples free, Mr. Mariotti took Mr. Becker golfing as a thank you. They were friends for three years before Mr. Becker decided to retire and Mr. Mariotti offered to buy the company for what Mr. Mariotti says was “not a lot of money,” in 2005. Sales revenue grew to $653 million in 2020 from $516 million in 2017, the year the company went public.

ThrowMeTheWhip