Total Film magazine June 2008 #141

-Jones-

'Is Crystal Skull a full stop or a new beginning?

I don't know. There's no motive other than to enjoy ourselves. We'll see what happens...'

Spielberg said something similar... So the rumors about V and VI could be true :>.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
A typo (I think): "George Lucas doesn't live." (They left out "at Skywalker Ranch.")

Lucas: "We had the best time making this movie. And since we got what we wanted, we've decided to put the film in a trash can and bury it."

He says if A New Hope 3-D works, Indy could be next!

ScarfaceJoker

Total Film Quotes and Tidbits

Hey everyone

Following on from the pics that I posted on Friday I've provided a few interesting quotes from the article in Total Film.

Nothing really new, but thought I'd post it in here just to be on the safe side! :)

Frank Marshall on the many drafts of Indy IV:

There was a script or two George worked on and Frank Darabont did one, but it wasn't really clicking in all the right areas that everyone wanted it to, so we stopped again

Frank Marshall on Harrison Ford's stunts:

What was really nice about the new [stunt] technology, was that Harrison got to do more stunts than the last movie. We could save him if he got in trouble, whereas before you'd have to use a stuntman. So we're using some of the new techniques to make the movie better, but in it's own tradition.

Interview snippet with David Keopp:

TF: Is there a strong sci-fi angle?

Keopp: Well, without saying yes or no, for which I would have my toenails pulled out, I'd say it's true to the movie history of the time it's set in.

TF: Are there giant ants involved?

Keopp: I can neither confirm or deny!

Karen Allen also keeps her cards close to her chest:

We get thrust into this situation...each of us individually through different circumstances...we're all in a similar predicament...of which I can't tell you much about!

Ray Winstone on that shot from the trailer:

There's the shot where the hat's thrown on the floor. Indy picks it up - shadow, no CGI - puts it on his head, turns, and in a big close up goes, Russians... And you go, 'This is f****** Indiana Jones!' I knew where I was from that moment on. Fantastic shot.

Shia LaBeouf on taking up the mantle in future installments:

No! It's all about what Harrison wants to do. Although I would do any movie with Steven...

Harisson on Indy V:

I don't 'hope' [for Indy V]...but I would make myself available...

Zorg

ScarfaceJoker said:
“There's the shot where the hat's thrown on the floor. Indy picks it up – shadow, no CGI – puts it on his head, turns, and in a big close up goes, “Russians”... And you go, 'This is f****** Indiana Jones!'

Agreed. That's the character. Although it's kinda recycling the line from LC, it still sounds very cool. And I know it'll send shockwaves through the audience come May 22nd.. THAT'S what I've been waiting for, besides all the usual story elements. The pure Indy moments. :gun:

-Jones-

'' Harisson on Indy V:

I don't 'hope' [for Indy V]...but I would make myself available... '

There's no denial in his words :>. Interesting... (y)

The Man

Shia's response to the "inheritance" question gives us great heart. I hope he's a terrific sidekick...

bonoferox

ScarfaceJoker said:

“No! It's all about what Harrison wants to do. Although I would do any movie with Steven...”

That gives me a better impression of him. I think he'll do well.

-Jones-

The Man said:
Does anybody seriously anticipate Indy 5? It would be quite an undertaking...

Yes, I am and I'm sure that many people are. There were many rumors that this movie will be the first part of the new trilogy.

The Man

-Jones- said:
Yes, I am and I'm sure that many people are. There were many rumors that this movie will be the first part of the new trilogy.

As long as they can conjure up sufficient MacGuffins. It took a hell of a time to get Crystal Skull in shape.

Deckard

The only way 2 more films will be ok, is the inclusion of Harrison and Steven w/ both. Also a cameo from Connery, and perhaps draw from comics and games for story, like the spear of destiny or fate of atlantis. Sophia Hapgood might be good to include as well.

bonoferox

Deckard said:
The only way 2 more films will be ok, is the inclusion of Harrison and Steven w/ both. Also a cameo from Connery, and perhaps draw from comics and games for story, like the spear of destiny or fate of atlantis. Sophia Hapgood might be good to include as well.

Agreed. I have a feeling they would start putting more of the action towards Shia in those, but it would still work.

crowmagnumman

ScarfaceJoker said:

No! It's all about what Harrison wants to do. Although I would do any movie with Steven...

Harisson on Indy V:

I don't 'hope' [for Indy V]...but I would make myself available...

Shia's response was good. If he keeps talking like that I'll respect him more.

I'm glad Harrison isn't totally discounting the idea of Indy 5. That shows us that if the Indy series continued it wouldn't just be about Mutt, and could possibly be all about Indy again. That would certainly keep me interested.

snake_surprise

In regards to more films, it will come down to the box office of this one.

If this movie makes more than expected, then do not be shocked if they line up a sequel or two within a month of this one being released.

They will wait and see if audiences are still in love over Indy and accept an older Harrison in the role as well as Shia.

All we can do is see it in the theater over and over and the odds of another one or two films increase.

WillKill4Food

i don't think there will be any new films, honestly.
if they do, they will have to just adapt a comic book instead of coming up with a new mcguffin.
however, the comic books all feature a younger indy.
there would have to either be a sequel to the comic book (return to the sargasso, or something) or they would have to replace harrison.
neither is a good idea.
this should be the last indy movie.

snake_surprise

WillKill4Food said:
if they do, they will have to just adapt a comic book instead of coming up with a new mcguffin.
Why? I am not sure this makes sense.

There are millions of macguffins that either exist in real history not to mention ones they could make up. We are talking about the same people that made the Sankara stones- 'magic rocks' that were the life blood of a village.

I promise you that the powers that be will not adapt any existing material in a future project...they will actually steer clear of all plots and characters in the comics, etc...

NileQT87

Last edited:

TheLastCrusader