Indy 4 Blu-ray DVD

iLUVINDY

indyclone25 said:
i'm going to buy the movie with the skull, i'm guessing that should be around $49.99 -------- but if i buy the four disc set that will cost about $79.99 ----but i already have the 2003 and 2008 versions of the trilogy, ---------also, i'm just guessing here , so don't take it as the set price .

or--- maybe the skull will be only sold with the four disc set? nah they already said it came with just the two disc version , didn't they?

yeah, it only comes with the 2-Disc, I have the 2003 collection, but not the 2008 one that just came out in May....

indyclone25

thats what it says not a bad deal --- 50 bucks of a sideshow collectible to boot ---- yeah i'm so getting the skull ---i hope that they won't be limited to ten per store

Mike00spy

iLUVINDY said:
yeah, it only comes with the 2-Disc, I have the 2003 collection, but not the 2008 one that just came out in May....

So do I. It works out. Just take out the Bonus Disc Case and replace it with Skull. You'll have all 4 movies in the same box-- this way you are not even tempted to buy the new 4 movie set

sandiegojones

HovitosKing said:
October 14 just can't get here fast enough...I predict weak DVD sales.
This will be the true test of whether or not people liked KOTCS. Some claim that the film would do good box office regardlesss and that most people didn't like it, but if the DVD sales are big then you cannot deny that there are just as many if not more people who enjoyed it than did not.

Mike00spy

sandiegojones said:
This will be the true test of whether or not people liked KOTCS. Some claim that the film would do good box office regardlesss and that most people didn't like it, but if the DVD sales are big then you cannot deny that there are just as many if not more people who enjoyed it than did not.

Yeah, but what consitutes strong DVD sales? Is Blu-Ray factored in as well? Are we comparing them to to other Indy films or just against DVDs in general? I'm sure there willl be some angle that can be spun to anything you want.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Clearly USA Today made the "Spectacular Fun!" blurb available for glossies and so forth, but when you read the 2.5 star review: "The stunts and special effects are spectacular... it's hard not to have fun."

Not to nitpick or anything.

sandiegojones

Mike00spy said:
Yeah, but what consitutes strong DVD sales? Is Blu-Ray factored in as well? Are we comparing them to to other Indy films or just against DVDs in general? I'm sure there willl be some angle that can be spun to anything you want.
No spin. If people don't want it then they won't buy it, Blu-Ray or not. And yes, strong sales would be something similar to the OT, not "Traveling Pants" or some sh!t.

Yes, feed the hungry Lucas cash cow and happily hand over your tributary tax which we will continue to collect when we keep re-re-re-re-re-re-re-releasing it in another box set, and another, and another...

The Man

Isn't there a Christopher Nolan retrospective box-set due for release on October 14th? Oh, I'm quite certain that there is...

Bvance

I'm just happy if the DVD comes with a subtitle option so I can finally understand what Mac, Spalko and Oxley were saying during the movie.

Honestly, I can only understand about 30% of Mac's dialogue.

And when I saw it the first time I thought, what is Spalko mumbling about?

Subtitles are a big plus!

vf wing

That's a ton of special features! Reminds me of the award-winning release of TPM. It was ground-breaking at the time to put an extra disc of "just" features with a film. It struck me as a very democratic "film school for everybody" sort of effort. And apparently the industry does tend to still follow GL's lead, as lots of tentpole releases can be purchased with a features disc these days.

That Crystal Skull is too cool to pass up, i'll probably have to spring for that set! I'm even a Best Buy Reward Zone member! :whip:

DarthGemni

Well IJ.com hasn't updated their site with all this news yet, but SW.com has. And according to them the 4 movie box set looks like it's going to contain the recently released versions of the first 3 movies plus the 2 disc KOTCS. So I guess no "new" 2 disc for the other 3 movies, at least until they eventually come out on blue..

here is a snippet from SW.com:

**In addition, all four Indiana Jones films will be showcased in the quintessential Indiana Jones collection entitled The Complete Adventure Collection, which will include the first three films plus the two-disc Special Edition DVD of the latest installment.

Here is the link to the whole 3 page article in case you haven't seen it:

http://www.starwars.com/movies/other/indy/20080808news.html

Mutt-Jones III

Let's celebrate!

With an Indiana Jones Marathon!

Starting in either film or chronological order, your choice, I'm starting with Raiders of the Lost Ark myself. :D :whip:

Get watching, get started! :whip:

Udvarnoky

I've never felt like Temple of Doom was meant to be watched before Raiders. It doesn't even work that way, since some gags in Doom (ex: trying to pull out the gun), are callbacks to scenes in Raiders. I don't think by setting Temple before Raiders, that the beards were trying to create a prequel in the way people tend to think of the term. I've always viewed it as a sequel, since that's how the movie works despite the fact that story-wise it takes place earlier.

I feel quite the opposite. The gun gag works in TOD because Indy isn't quite up to where he should be. He confidently and cockily reaches for his gun and it isn't there. Whoops. TOD is full of these moments: "I think we got a big problem," "We-are going-to die! :(" In Raiders he's too busy looking for Marion to deal with the Cairo Swordsman so when he reaches for his gun and shoots he has that "I don't have time for this B.S." look on his face. This time it's there. Indy is more mature in Raiders as evidenced when he first makes his entrance. He's at the top of his game here. Raiders is much more serious and mature as a film and so is the character. In Crusade, Indy regresses back to "Junior" in the presence of "Dad" illustrated in scenes like "No ticket" and the motorcycle chase. Indy smirks, he's having fun, but Henry staunchly disapproves.

Goonie

Mutt-Jones III said:
With an Indiana Jones Marathon!

Starting in either film or chronological order, your choice, I'm starting with Raiders of the Lost Ark myself. :D :whip:

Get watching, get started! :whip:

The true die-hard will start his marathon with My First Adventure in the Young Indiana Jones series.

I watched them all (TV movies and theatrical) in chronological order up to Crystal Skull's theatrical release, along with the Young Indy documentaries. That was a lot of Indy. :hat: (I didn't watch them back-to-back though)