Farthest Away You've Been from Home?

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Well, what are you waiting for...where are the good ones!?

With some nice tasty bacon...mmm.

Well, there's mushrooms, and then there's the other mushrooms.

The first kind go well with bacon, and the others have a tendency to send you on long trips. If you found Farmer Maggot and came back without dog bites I think you were eating the other kind!

Montana Smith said:
Well, there's mushrooms, and then there's the other mushrooms.

The first kind go well with bacon, and the others have a tendency to send you on long trips. If you found Farmer Maggot and came back without dog bites I think you were eating the other kind!
Fang, Grip and Wolf were all bark...lovely animals! Speaking of trips, per the title of the thread we ARE on our way to the pub, and from there who knows?

As for the old farmer, he's given us a ride and a basket full!

Yure

From Naples, Italy.
Going west: USA and Canada
Going North: mmm Germany, Hungary and Netherlands, I think.
Going South: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Going East: not so far, Egypt, I believe.

Farthest... Zanzibar, probably.

Insomniac

Joosse said:
nz498tewaewaebay.jpg

sorry to go off topic but you resemble the Young Indy Henry Sr.

mo_15.jpg

Montana Smith

Joosse said:
Does that mean I get to look like Sean Connery when I grow up?

The likeness is remarkable. You'll also have to explain to the wife that it's in your contract to get seduced by a pretty archaeologist by the name of Elsa Schneider whilst in Venice. Best break it to her gently...

Joosse

Montana Smith said:
The likeness is remarkable. You'll also have to explain to the wife that it's in your contract to get seduced by a pretty archaeologist by the name of Elsa Schneider whilst in Venice. Best break it to her gently...

Some sacrifices will obviously have to be made.

But I guess I'll just have to do my Doody,

eh, my duty... ;)

Canyon

Ooh, let me see....

England to California

Distance between Bristol, England, United Kingdom and Long Beach, California, United States, as the crow flies:
5385 miles (8666 km) (4679 nautical miles)

:D

kongisking

The state of Georgia in the USA. (I live in Minnesota. Actually, wait! No I don't! I'm on Skull Island! Ignore that first sentence! Forget I said anything! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some bloodthirsty dinosaurs to hunt for supper...)

Goodeknight

From the States:

Egypt (lived there two years)
Israel
Tanzania
Zimbabwe
Japan
Holland
England
Ireland
Scotland
Germany
Austria
Italy
France
Portugal
Spain
South Africa
Zambia
Ethiopia
Alaska (still the states but it counts)
and
Haiti (after the earthquake)

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

indyclone25

i live in the the chicago land area usa --- i lived in texas when i was a kid in the rio grande valley near harligen , i have visited orlando florida 5 times and have been to niagra falls on the canadian side and have been to wasaga beach in canada also, that has been my traveling so far .

roundshort

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I used to play this. Catching dysentery, loosing my oxen fording a river, and having to hunt countless bears made me afraid to traverse the Oregon Trail!
Oregon_Trail.jpg

I always enjoyed hunting beaver

shagger999uk

From UK; furthest would be Washington (4374 miles). Foreign places I've been:

Most of Western Europe
Cyprus
Saudi Arabia
Bosnia
Egypt
Iraq
Afghanistan
Missouri
Tunisia

In Egypt I went to Cairo and Luxor - tip for those going to see the pyramids at Giza - one pyramid is closed for 4 months of the year on a rotational basis, so if you plan to go inside the Great Pyramid make sure it's going to be open when you're there!

Spikes & Lava

getting lost

Well, certainly the most remote land location I've been is the South Pole, where I am again now. The closest I've probably come to my home's antipode is the Australian Outback around Alice Springs and Uluru (Ayer's Rock). Sailing in 2007, I went through the point in the Pacific Ocean that is the farthest from any continental landmass on the planet. That felt pretty far "out there", too.

Current temp @ Pole: -66°F (about 15° warmer than yesterday)

XanaduEli

Well the furthest away i think was when i went to the states including :whip:

alabama
georgia
new jersey
new york

when i was 8 to visit family, and havent been back since,

other than that ive been all across the uk, il be going camping in the summer and il be touring the uk