Farthest Away You've Been from Home?

westford

I think Phuket's the furthest I've been from the UK (been to Cape Town and Hong Kong too, but they're a little bit closer).

Billy Ray

I've been all over the world: the U.K., Germany, France, Belgium, Korea, Qatar, Mexico but I think I am currently in the farthest location I have been from home, Afghanistan: 8091 miles from home (Texas).

DiscoLad

Hmm.... Probably Louisiana to Florida.
I notice no one has been to Louisiana, come on guys... best crawfish you ever had... (y) Lol.

XanaduEli

DiscoLad said:
Hmm.... Probably Louisiana to Florida.
I notice no one has been to Louisiana, come on guys... best crawfish you ever had... (y) Lol.

Damn, I am forgetful tonight. I've been there too.

Sven

Some Middle American countries like Guatemala, Belize and Costa Rica and some others in the western direction, Sri Lanka and The Maldives in the East. I guess the distance of those destinations is comparable.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Wow...this one is a classic. :rolleyes:

Indiana Jones too!

I'm going to try and travel to see the Indiana Jones Museum Exhibit.
..I have a hunch that your trying to make a joke out of this...:) ..I like jokes!:D Naw...I did not really travel that far....22,978 miles...;)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Wow...this one is a classic. :rolleyes:

Indiana Jones too!

I'm going to try and travel to see the Indiana Jones Museum Exhibit.

Yeah, I'm considering that one, too. Haven't been to Montreal for awhile...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Dig Site 1138 said:
I've only been out of the USA once and that was to Niagara Falls, Canada! Does World Showcase at EPCOT count? :eek:

It counts for a lot, if not being out of the country.

Farthest I've been away from home, personally, was Tokyo. Athens and Rome come in second and third.

Dig Site 1138

Attila the Professor said:
It counts for a lot, if not being out of the country.

You know, I'm 38 years old and I can't help myself- When I get to Morocco, I have to weave my way through the alleyways and pretend I'm Indiana Jones.
:gun:

Le Saboteur

DiscoLad said:
I notice no one has been to Louisiana...

It was home for a decade. Well, New Orleans. The two should be separate entities.

Since I never posted in this thread...

7,062 miles -- San Diego to Ankara, Turkey via the Orient Express.

mustafa_kemal_ataturk_by_mubtari-d5f4nel.png