• Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Neither - they are both perfect

Votes: 30 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Man

Sankara said:
Sad? I'm not sad. I don't think that anybody here is happier about "Indy 1 - 3" than me! :)

Well, english is not my mother language. I'm very very very good in words in my own language, because it's my professional.

You think my posts are always amazing because I know so much about Indy? Well these post are nothing against my reviews in german language.

I need to see more films? Well, I'm a pundit (for an radiostation). Watching movies is part of my job. So... yes... "Skull" has a lousy ending... very lousy...

An Alien in an Indy-Movie... a marriage... :D

How rough did you go on Indy 4 when reviewing it for radio?

Swindle

Hey, I like cheese!!! :D

I like Marion and Indy marrying. Less episodic.

Temple of Doom, I saw the ending as more than just Indy and Willie. It was also the villiage all happy, etc.

Both are very cool endings.

Sankara

@the man
Well, I said I'm a huge fan since 1981, I talked about my huge collection and the locations I visited... (Petra for an example)... than I said that this movie is very embarrassing for an Indiana Jones movie. I would give it 4 of 10 stars as an normaly sommer blockbuster... BUT as sequel to the amazing Indiana Jones-Movies... the best movies in the world... I give 0 of 10 Stars...

Agent Z

Sankara said:
Watching movies is part of my job.

Well, right place, right time mate. :hat:

Swindle said:
Hey, I like cheese!!! :D

I like Marion and Indy marrying. Less episodic.

Temple of Doom, I saw the ending as more than just Indy and Willie. It was also the villiage all happy, etc.

Both are very cool endings.

I agree. Kingdom is Indy in pure comic book form. Some people were expecting it to be a facsimile of the one of the other films. Why? Each film in the series has a very distinct tone from the other installments, so why go back to an old template?

Kingdom truly is the equivalent of the rolled-up, weathered comic book, stuffed in the back pocket and taken everywhere the young kid in us wants to travel to.

Last edited:

Agent Z

Sankara said:
But the makers said it's going back to the "Raiders"-Style...

The makers aren't the film. Nor is the hype. The film is the film. All that matters, and all that should truly be judged, is the film itself.

Last edited:

Sankara

Yes, but the makers wanted the Raiders-Style back, because they think "Raiders" is the best Indy-movie. They failed! "Skull" is everything but not "Raiders"-Like... :D

Raiders90

Sankara said:
Yes, but the makers wanted the Raiders-Style back, because they think "Raiders" is the best Indy-movie. They failed! "Skull" is everything but not "Raiders"-Like... :D

You don't speak for everyone.
Can you go back to playing dress up as Indy please?

Sankara

I speak for the makers and they think that "Raiders" is the best. The most people in the world think the same...

By the way: "Skull" is not a big success in Germany. Maybe my review is the reason... :) Who knows...

Agent Z

Raiders112390 said:
You don't speak for everyone.
Can you go back to playing dress up as Indy please?

24.gif

Raiders90

Sankara said:
I speak for the makers and they think that "Raiders" is the best. The most people in the world think the same...

By the way: "Skull" is not a big success in Germany. Maybe my review is the reason... :) Who knows...

Yes, Sankara, your review is the reason! Everybody the world over knows of the wisdom of Sankara!

Sankara

No, not about wisdom. But about my knowledge about this 3 fantastic Indiana Jones-Movies. ;)

Do you like my Sankara is Indy-Pictures? Yes, you are not alone... (y)

Last edited:

Sankara

No, I even sound like Indiana Jones... :)

But back to topic:

There is another bad ending in movie history. The end of the Robin Hood movie starring Kevin Costner... this the WORST Ending of all time. In ny opinon... second is "Skull"...

The Man

Sankara said:
No, I even sound like Indiana Jones... :)

But back to topic:

There is another bad ending in movie history. The end of the Robin Hood movie starring Kevin Costner... this the WORST Ending of all time. In ny opinon... second is "Skull"...

Sean Connery was long rumoured to have been asked to appear in the finale of Prince Of Thieves. Spooky, huh?

Sankara

Connery was fine in "Robin Hood" - i mean the last words in this movie. "Get out now! Leave the theater. We want to celebrate...!!!"

Indyisreal

Quickening said:
KOTCS by a huge, huge distance. "Quick, lets have Indy and Marion get married out of nowhere despite the fact that they only just met again after decades, there has been no buildup and nothing has been resolved. It'll make the fans happy."

Bingo. Just one of the many things wrong with the film. No comparisons in my opinion, KOTCS was much more cheezy.

michael

How can the TOD ending be cheesy? Wouldn't you celebrate with Indy, Willie and Short Round if they saved you?

Kali Mah

Mrs_Fedora said:
TOD by far!

I watched it a couple weeks ago and thought: d*mn! that IS cheesy.
Girl wants to leave, get's caught by the hero's whip, smiles at him and aaaaaahh, they kiss. Q a bunch of really happy kids around them. End of movie.

Come on, it's nowhere as bad as the part where they all start laughing in unisson.