Battlefield 2

Goodsport

I played this game (as well as the Special Forces expansion and the two booster packs) when it first came out... or rather, I tried to play it several times at relatively-high video settings on my older PC system and got frustrated enough with the system's performance to stop playing. :(

However, with the help of this tweak guide, I've recently loaded up BF2, Special Forces and the booster packs again on the same older PC (haven't been able to upgrade my system yet), updated the game with the latest full v1.41 patch and have finally gotten smooth gameplay with still relatively-good video settings (it turns out that some settings are more important than others, as the tweak guide explains).

Also, quite coincidentally, I was surprised to learn soon afterward that the beta v1.5 patch was just recently released, with the full version to be released in a few weeks. Seeing as how no other official patches were released since v1.41 almost three years ago, I didn't expect any more to be coming. :eek:

Anyway, what an absolute gem of a game! :cool: I've been having an absolute blast playing it (pun intended ;)), though I've admittedly been playing it in single player mode thus far to once again get acclimated to the controls and the gameplay.

How many of you are still playing this game, and will my experience with this game change once I start playing multiplayer? :confused:

-G

P.S. = For the record, I did previously play Battlefield 1942 and all of its expansions for quite a while (mostly in single player mode) and enjoyed the heck out of them some years back, especially with the Merciless Creations mod. :cool: However, for some reason, Battlefield Vietnam didn't hold my interest nearly as much. :(

Goodsport

I recently went against my own advice by downloading and installing the beta v1.5 patch. Though it certainly introduced many improvements, it had a few game-stopping bugs - enough so for me to completely uninstall the game, expansion and booster packs and reinstall them all with the v1.41 patch. :eek:

Incidentally, it seems that the v1.5 Beta 2 patch was just released last week. However, this time I'll simply wait for the full version of the patch to be released before installing it. ;)

-G