The Indy Cast

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
OH, MAN! Junior's piece was probably the funniest thing I've ever heard on the IndyCast!:D :D :D Great to hear your 'voice', JJ.(y)

One does love the Queen, god bless her...

Stoo said:
It also comes as a coincidence because I'm dipping into my personal archives of Indy tosh and making some scans today.;)

Tosh is all around us. It's time to shed a light on our collective insanity!!

indycast

IndyCast Special: The Magic of John Williams #8 is here!

Laird and Ron return as they take us back to 1941, Hook and of course Indiana Jones as they celebrate the music of John Williams!

Listen to the episode here!

DoomTown

indycast said:
IndyCast Special: The Magic of John Williams #8 is here!

Laird and Ron return as they take us back to 1941, Hook and of course Indiana Jones as they celebrate the music of John Williams!

Nice job guys. Really liked the focus on "Temple Of Doom", which is my favorite Indy film as well, and fitting, seeing that the film is celebrating it's
28th anniversary. The outtakes added at the end was also a nice touch, and thanks for the "Further Adventures" shout-out! :)

lairdo

Thanks Keith! We had a good time with this one and it was actually probably my fastest editing session.

DoomTown said:
The outtakes added at the end was also a nice touch

Still, even with minimal editing, we always end up with a few good flubs! And I spared everyone my Julia Roberts useless chatter on Hook...

Faleel

lairdo said:
Thanks Keith! We had a good time with this one and it was actually probably my fastest editing session.

Still, even with minimal editing, we always end up with a few good flubs! And I spared everyone my Julia Roberts useless chatter on Hook...

Laird, perhaps the reason you didnt like this expanded OST as much as the 1941 Expanded version, is because its still missing stuff?

lairdo

Faleel said:
Laird, perhaps the reason you didnt like this expanded OST as much as the 1941 Expanded version, is because its still missing stuff?

I am not sure. It's more that I think the music that we were missing was not that different from the rest of the score. It's not like when a score is missing key themes and hearing those is a revelation.

But you are right, the score itself was still missing pieces.

Thanks for listening.

Faleel

lairdo said:
I am not sure. It's more that I think the music that we were missing was not that different from the rest of the score. It's not like when a score is missing key themes and hearing those is a revelation.

But you are right, the score itself was still missing pieces.

Thanks for listening.

yeah, unfortunately, there is still missing:

The Neverfeast Film Insert
From Mermaids to Lost Boys Ending
Presenting the Hook (Original Version)
Ultimate War III Unused End.
The Arrival of Tink (Original Celeste Insert)
We Wanna Be Like Peter Pan Piano Intro (the OST version is edited down)
Take Me Out To The Ballgame
The Ultimate War Part I Film Version Inserts
Pirates! (No Fanfare)
Pirates! (Film Version: Pickup Take)
End Credits (Williams Intended Version: End Credits - Lost Boys Chase - Exit Music)
The Arrival Of Tink Flight to Neverland (Original Version: on the Sony OST)
You Are the Pan (No Choir Version: On the Sony OST)
The Lost Boy's Chase - Basketball Segment/overlay

here for more info: http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21590

the Expanded is also not in correct order.

also the Prologue that is the first track is slowd and pitched down, convert to 48000hz in audacity to fix

Faleel

Also, too bad you couldnt have mentioned Fanfare For Fenway in there... thx for the mention! (Darth Vader)

Last edited:

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 145 is here!

In this episode we look back at Raiders of the Lost Ark, George names his successor, reveal some cool Indy artwork and have more of your great emails!

Listen to the show here!

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 146 is here!

251876_10151000521024489_1424553661_n.jpg

In this episode Indy on Blu gets a release date, we have more rumblings about Indy 5, we celebrate a milestone and have an Indy boxed set to give away!

You can listen to the show here!

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 147 is here!

600227_10151032439419489_505382377_n.jpg

In this episode we have more Indy on Blu details, review 4K Raiders with James Bond author Andrew McNess, catch up with Indy Fans director Brandon Kleyla and Marvel's Kerry Gammil, celebrate Harrison's 70th and have more of your great emails!

russds

Hey, just wanted to mention, I've stumbled upon your podcast recently and have enjoyed it very much. The way you guys slice together sound effects and music, really shows you put a lot of effort into making the shows interesting and fun. Hey, just wondering, do you guys have any plans of doing video? I watch the twit.tv network a lot, and have found i really enjoy the video more than the audio, being able to see the stuff they are talking about. I know it's probably a lot more work, but I was just curious. Thanks for all your great work!
-Russ

Dr.Jonesy

Never listened to the IndyCast before, not sure why. Given it a shot tonight, and it's been great! I used to listen to PodCasts for fans of some bands I listen to, and it's great to hear one of Indy. Sounds very well done. Great work, so far guys!

I'm gonna listen to episodes from years ago and the KOTCS era, too!

:hat:

Dr.Jonesy

Sent some Indy fans I know over to this site. They'd never heard of it and were ecstatic to see that there was a Podcast for Indy. They'll all be listening to the old ones and will be tuning in for the new stuff.

I'll send as many people to the IndyCast as I can.
:whip:

indyclone25

i have been folling the show since episode two , and love the series. great info , just wish it was around every week like it was in 2008 but as the indy news has slowed down a bit , oh well long live the indycast!!!

indycast

russds said:
Hey, just wanted to mention, I've stumbled upon your podcast recently and have enjoyed it very much. The way you guys slice together sound effects and music, really shows you put a lot of effort into making the shows interesting and fun. Hey, just wondering, do you guys have any plans of doing video? I watch the twit.tv network a lot, and have found i really enjoy the video more than the audio, being able to see the stuff they are talking about. I know it's probably a lot more work, but I was just curious. Thanks for all your great work!
-Russ

Hey Russ, thanks for the comments. I have thought a video podcast would be great at some point, but it is a lot of work and as you can appreciate, we all do this as a hobby but never say never!