LC Berlin music

Von Beck

Does anyone know what's the marching song heard in Berlin in Last Crusade? Also, can it be found somewhere on the Web? Thanks.

EvilNazi

you can download it. (but you shouldn't because that would be illegal) ;)

this was asked before.

it's
der königgratzer

but you can also put

koeniggratzer
or
koniggratzer

with the article "der" or without it

EvilNazi

wow, aaron. i have just read the link you put.

that was an interesting discussion. too bad i wasnt there to give my two cents.

i agree with those who appreciate the music itself, not the makers.

lets say john williams would be a child abuser. still, his music is great.

altough i dont share the nazi ideology, i must admit i like their uniforms, since my favourite mix of colours is red, white, and black.

the nazis had good themes, like horst wessel or koeniggratzer.

sorry, aaron if this was OT, i just found the topic so interesting.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Not OT at all.:)

The march/rally music in LC is one of several Nazi National Anthems that they had. (If I recall they had several at one time once) Hitler was always changing his mind, and therefore there were several tunes used.

I, for one, like the song and find it catchy...plus I whistle it around managers I don't like.;) Here is a conversation that I had with one manager who hated me and who had made me very mad that day.
"That is a catchy tune, Aaron. What is it?"
"Oh just something that fit the mood."

Von Beck

LOL!!!!! Anyways, thanks for your help. I was able to type up the name on Google and found an MP3 for it.

BTW, I'm not a Nazi, seeing as they never did anything good at all except being inspiration for the Indy movies.

EvilNazi

german marchs in general are quite good. those from WWI were cool. watch "Blue Max" with George Peppard, Ursula Andress and George Mason. Besides being a good movie it has good german marches.
that remembers me i have to write "blue max" under best war movies.

i also like hymns, like the german, the canadian, american. the best one is the french.
i hate mine though, the argentinian.

NileQT87

dont forget ride of the valkyries. hitler was obsessed with richard wagner as well.

i always am reminded of blues brothers with ride of the valkyries and the illinois nazis. "ive always love you" as the pinto drops on chicago.

00Kevin

Indyfan
EvilNazi said:
Ursula Andress and George Mason

Ursula Andresee..... the bond girl yes?

George Mason? that's the name of a former characot on the TV show "24"

(tries frantically to get back on topic)

...yes....I'm sure they have both seen at least 1 indy film in their lives :D

EvilNazi

i'm sorry, JAMES Mason. not george. james has also played rommel. but i dont know other movies from him.
and yes, ursula andress is the first bond chick

EvilNazi

i'm sorry, JAMES Mason. not george. james has also played rommel. but i dont know other movies from him.
and yes, ursula andress is the first bond chick

over and out