NFL Playoffs

Paden

I think so. It's the only situation in the current picture where you'll have an east vs. west match up. If Philadelphia snags the NFC championship, it's pretty much an east coast contest.

roundshort

The Magic Rat said:
Let's see about next week, good sir
We saw, the Steelers won, and now going to the SuberBowl.

A team with the hardest sch. in NFL history. Dropped a few (4) won two great Playoff games, hmmm! I like their chances!

The Magic Rat

roundshort said:
We saw, the Steelers won, and now going to the SuberBowl.

A team with the hardest sch. in NFL history. Dropped a few (4) won two great Playoff games, hmmm! I like their chances!

Oh, I pick them, I'm just bummed about it. I'll still root for Arizona.

Pale Horse

Staff member
I was rooting for the Bengals last night for a host of reasons (sorry black and yellow friends). That catch, though I think perfectly defines your season this year.

I doubt I'll enjoy a bottle of Rudd after the game next week as I did the last time these two met in the post season.

Joe Brody

Did someone say 'Joey Porter'?

Joe Brody on 1/15/16 in the Start Wars: The Force Awakens thread said:
So glad Mr. Nationwide Hummingbird is back healthy with the Broncos. Assuming Pittsburgh gets past Cinci, the Steelers love seeing him in the playoffs.

NPC_2005-afc-divisional-game_Porter_Sacks_Manning.jpg

(Joey Porter is now a linebackers coach with the Steelers)

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/4V22lvVfpju7AT4TNmgdEZ9LcE4=/400x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/5890785/porter.0.gif

Yes -- Porter is a bit of a thug but he and James Harrison are providing cover while some of our younger (higher price) linebackers can develop. In the early days of the 3-4, the Steelers got OLB prospects for nothing and developed them in the background until they were man enough (and ready to manage the complexities of the defense). With the league following the Steelers and the advent of the uber athletic tight-end, the Steelers now have to use high draft picks to get the right OLB talent -- which means they have to play before they are ready.

Here's saying the LB's will be ready next week -- but I can't speak for the rest of the team. Our d-line gets tired by the end of the game and our secondary is . . . a number of players doing their best. Ben is suspect.

I can't make a prediction but even if the Steeler win and advance past the championship, I see this as a tough year for the AFC in the SuperBowl and happy for now just to have put the Bungles in their place.

Last edited:

roundshort

Pale Horse said:
I was rooting for the Bengals last night for a host of reasons (sorry black and yellow friends). That catch, though I think perfectly defines your season this year.

I doubt I'll enjoy a bottle of Rudd after the game next week as I did the last time these two met in the post season.

It is fine to root for the Bungals, until the worst display of conduct and sportmanship (both players and fans). I am not naive, I have seen plenty of bad stuff before. But last night the actions of a a few Bendgal players went way over the line.

I doubt that the Stillers can beat the Broncos without, Ben, Johnson, and Brown (I have a feeling all three will be out). But to see the Bungals fan cry I guess was worth it.

#55 is the man and was smart enough to put his butt on the field and draw that moron Pac-Man to do something stupid, which he did. As Mr. Gump would say - Stupid is as Stupid Does!

Joe Brody

roundshort said:
I doubt that the Stillers can beat the Broncos without, Ben, Johnson, and Brown (I have a feeling all three will be out). But to see the Bungals fan cry I guess was worth it.

Both Ben and AB will play per news reports the last couple of hours.

Also take a look at the locker room photos, AB looks pretty good to me.

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
...until the worst display of conduct and sportmanship (both players and fans). I am not naive, I have seen plenty of bad stuff before. But last night the actions of a a few Bendgal players went way over the line...

Dirty play mars the game for everyone on both sides. It's the most baseless act in an arena of competition. Yes, I'm calling out my own:

yu1sAq.gif

I was rooting for them tigers because I'd rather play KC than PITT. I was rooting for them tigers because even though the Broncos are 4-3 against PITT in the playoffs, Peyton is the starter and is 0-5 in playoff games in the cold (it's COLD in Denver right now). Sure, Brock is untested in the playoffs, but so was Tebow, and Manning is only 3-2 against PITT, with a 62% completion rate and a QB rating of just 92ish.

It's just going to be a long Sunday.

That said, if y'all are near So Cal, let's make a day of it.

roundshort

Joe Brody said:
Both Ben and AB will play per news reports the last couple of hours.

Also take a look at the locker room photos, AB looks pretty good to me.

Where are you seeing this. AB still in protocol, Ben is having trouble moving the right arm, and Johnson is a no go. I hope you are right but....

Pale, not in Socal for awhile, but at some point his winter early spring.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Wait too long and I'll bring the party to you. It's a family road trip up the coast in mid/late summer. Wifey wants the Madonna Inn.... :rolleyes: so I countered with a Napa stop near the end of the run.

roundshort

Pale Horse said:
Wait too long and I'll bring the party to you. It's a family road trip up the coast in mid/late summer. Wifey wants the Madonna Inn.... :rolleyes: so I countered with a Napa stop near the end of the run.

You mean the Madronna Manor in Healdsburg? Nice digs. If you do let me know. That is usually my crazy busy travel season but if I am around we can meet at my favorite place Diavolas, (sp) which is very close up the 101.

roundshort

1st playoff game some 1934 with a teams #1 rusher and WR out. I hope my steelers win but with a gimpy QB and all the other guys out I doubt it

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
1st playoff game some 1934 with a teams #1 rusher and WR out. I hope my steelers win but with a gimpy QB and all the other guys out I doubt it

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.gif

I'm 'queing tritip tomorrow as this season's final meal. I think even wounded you're dangerous. And we're mistake prone.

roundshort

We will see. I have faith but I am not booking my tickets to San Francisco just yet...

wait I live in the Bay area....

Pale Horse

Staff member
Sad to think my Broncos couldn't close the deal against a beat up team until the final 3 minutes.

Sorry folks Brady will be heading to #7....

DARTH ZOIDBERG

As A Giants Fan And A Manning fan I was rooting for the Broncos and was glad they won the SB hopefully The Giants win It all next year There Defense looks much Improved, there signings so far,

JPP
OLIVIER VERNON

SNACKS HARRISON

JANORIS JENKINS

KEENAN ROBINSON

JASPER BRINKLEY

that is a big improvement on Defense and with two role player linebackers signed I would draft a Linebacker at # 10 in the draft!!!!!