What's your favorite Indy Collectible?

Henry W Jones

My vintage Kenner playsets: Streets of Cairo-Well of Souls-Map Room. Always wanted these as a kid and I did not get them until I was an adult/big kid. My neighbor had them and I was always envious. So when I finally got them years later I appreciated them more. If I had to chose one... Well of Souls. Hands down.

InVader

Rocket Surgeon said:
I have this British Quad. Love it, but want to take the creases out!
Mine only has two...

raidersquadsmall.jpg

...and a promotional copy of the Soundtrack LP.

Ya know, It might be possible to get those creases out with a drymount machine. I wouldn't actually drymount it though (which would require permanently adhering it to a foam board). Just place it on a regular piece of foam board without glue and see if it sucks it tight. I would definitely try it with something else beforehand though.

My personal favorite item is an almost life size plastic Indy poster I picked up in Brazil. It was used for the release of Indy on DVD.

InVader said:
Ya know, It might be possible to get those creases out with a drymount machine. I wouldn't actually drymount it though (which would require permanently adhering it to a foam board). Just place it on a regular piece of foam board without glue and see if it sucks it tight. I would definitely try it with something else beforehand though.
I wouldn't mess with it, though I've wondered if they could be ironed out.

Just saw this:
United Kingdom, 1981
Original "Quad" Movie Poster
30"x40", folded
CONDITION: NEAR MINT-

Condition grading acknowledges v minor smudging, fold wear.

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK 70 MM
Quad Poster, United Kingdom -- NM-
[rb516]
$249.95​

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I don't know, I'm not sure I want to answer until I get my map in...

Like Montana, I find the making of books great things to have around. I like my Bantam novels too.

And a translator card from Temple of the Forbidden Eye.

The_Raiders

doesitmatter said:
Halloween021.jpg

Partly because it took a lot of customizing and ebay purchases to build. Partly because they never made Last Crusade stuff before. And partly because I love my dad. ;)

I have the same bike pretty much with my sideshow Indy, it's definitely my favorite piece. Beside my leather jacket. :gun:

davidraphael

Love the Prof Jones and Junior with sidecar and bike! very nice

Here's my favourite collectible: my British quad for Temple of Doom, which my local cinema manager gave me in the early 80s (after I begged him for weeks!)

img2014opt.jpg

I also have a complete run of Marvel comics Further Adventures of Indiana Jones (both US and UK editions)

davidraphael

And here is my complete set of Marvel Indiana Jones issues, including all the movie adaptations.
Below that, the UK adaptation of Raiders of the Lost Ark, which was published in hardback.

48221490.jpg

91549270.jpg

I have both of these as well...

davidraphael said:
Raiders of the Lost Ark, which was published in hardback.

91549270.jpg

...British quad for Temple of Doom...

They knew enough to invest on a great cover to sell the comic, shame they did such crap work inside. Our next adventure:who produced the cover art?

It's still one of my favorites, and two Doom quads were GIVEN to me along with an even better Raiders quad won on eBay!

All in all some nice unique art.:hat:

davidraphael

Rocket Surgeon said:
It's still one of my favorites, and two Doom quads were GIVEN to me along with an even better Raiders quad won on eBay!

I'd really like an original Raiders quad; I must keep my eye out for one.

Our next adventure:who produced the cover art?

The art is signed 'Chaykin', so I'm assuming that this is the artist Howard Chaykin (who also did the first Star Wars issues)

Last edited:

Indy's brother

Rocket Surgeon said:
I have this British Quad. Love it, but want to take the creases out!
Mine only has two...

raidersquadsmall.jpg

...and a promotional copy of the Soundtrack LP.

Have you considered steam ironing it lightly with a cotton cloth over it? like jersey cotton?

Indy's brother said:
Have you considered steam ironing it lightly with a cotton cloth over it? like jersey cotton?
I've thought an iron might work, but I'm too scared to test it. I love that poster...you've inspired me to ask my dry cleaner though. Maybe I'll just have a copy made.