Which Indy film is the best?

Out of all the films, which one is definitively the best?

• Total voters

indyrcks

Raiders 10-10 because it is exciting and the action sequences were spot on
Temple Of Doom 10-10 because it went into like a deeper style and I liked Short Round and the action sequences were spot on
The Last Crusade 10-10 the relationship between Indy and his father was just so sweet and it was funny
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull 10-10 well I don't care if they went into a different way of doing it it was still Indy all the way.
that's what I think I like them all

There's still hope for Steven...

Spielberg: 9/11 changed my movies

Steven also admitted that the sequels to some of his films have not lived up to the high standards he sets.

He said: "My sequels haven't been better than the originals. I haven't made a 'Godfather II' yet. 'Godfather II' is the creme de la creme. And I've never done that. For me. Not maybe the audience -

- a lot think the third 'Indiana Jones' is the best 'Indiana Jones'.

But I always felt all my sequels after 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' weren't as good."

...but God only knows about George.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
...but God only knows about George.

It's okay, Steven. Don't fret. Temple of Doom was a fine prequel. Except for the brat and the noisy bird. ;)

George just thinks things get better and better (even prequels).

Dr. Gonzo

Although Raiders is the best of the series, my favorite at the moment is The Last Crusade. Connery makes it for me... I suppose it also has to do with the fact that Last Crusade is the one I saw most as a growing young lad on VHS. Raiders is superior, but right now Last Crusade... ahh nostalgia.

Anyone remember that coke commercial in the beginning of The Last Crusade VHS? The one with the house wife going to the fridge?

Darth Vile

I'd have to say that TLC is my favourite, for largely emotional/sentimental reasons, with Raiders being the one I'd consider the overall 'best' movie in terms of craft/quality etc.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Dr. Gonzo said:
Although Raiders is the best of the series, my favorite at the moment is The Last Crusade. Connery makes it for me... I suppose it also has to do with the fact that Last Crusade is the one I saw most as a growing young lad on VHS. Raiders is superior, but right now Last Crusade... ahh nostalgia.

Darth Vile said:
I'd have to say that TLC is my favourite, for largely emotional/sentimental reasons, with Raiders being the one I'd consider the overall 'best' movie in terms of craft/quality etc.

I was with you guys for quite awhile, including whenever I answered this poll question, but over the years Raiders status as superior has worn away at my higher affection for Crusade, and I can't help but see the first as the best now. It's mostly Belloq edging out Henry. Sr.

The Drifter

Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Henry W Jones

Dr. Gonzo said:

Anyone remember that coke commercial in the beginning of The Last Crusade VHS? The one with the house wife going to the fridge?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LdNwaa7w3q8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I totally remember this commercial. Gotta say Raiders is my favorite.

Dr. Gonzo

Henry W Jones said:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LdNwaa7w3q8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I totally remember this commercial. Gotta say Raiders is my favorite.

Ahhhh, nostalgia.

Darth Vile

Attila the Professor said:
I was with you guys for quite awhile, including whenever I answered this poll question, but over the years Raiders status as superior has worn away at my higher affection for Crusade, and I can't help but see the first as the best now. It's mostly Belloq edging out Henry. Sr.

Yep - it's a difficult one because it's so bound up with emotion. Without doubt, Raiders is the better movie. It's the one I watched the most, lived and breathed the most when I was a kid. However, and I don't know if it's an age thing, if I've time to watch an Indy movie these days I seem to gravitate towards TLC. TLC is also the Indy movie I saw the most at the cinema (as I was a bit too young for Raiders and TOD to see them multiple times)... so not sure if that has something to do with my fondness for TLC?

Mickiana said:
Do I even have to say it? I will anyway: Raiders, the one and only.

Yet some continually need to hear it...but yes Raiders is by far the best.

The rest are simply remainders and half baked ideas.

Goodeknight

Raiders.

I'm a sucker for firsts. I would say I'm a sucker for "origin stories," but that's pretty far off base. Last Crusade is Indy's origin story.

What I enjoy the most is seeing the characters for the first time in a context where you supposed to get to know them. Sequels and prequels characters aren't being introduced. They're being explained or explored. I like how first films introduce and encapsulate the character.

Star Wars Episode IV
Spider-Man 1 (a true origin story)
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Fellowship of the Ring (I even preferred Hobbit over LOTR)

chanatell

I can't really decide for I love them all, but if I had to choose it would be the Last Crusade(y) although Raiders does follow it VERY closely behind and then TOD:whip:

Mr. Fusion

My favorite has always been Last Crusade. I was 2 years old when my parents bought it on VHS and I watched it multiple times. I cried at the end when Indy and the gang ride off into the sunset. Then again, I was a pretty weepy kid.

On the other hand, I can acknowledge Raiders as being the superior film.