Top three favorite characters

Eternalight

I'm surprised that I haven't ever posted in this thread before. :p This thread is always a good way to bring back your nearly dead Indy account.

Three favorite characters? Oh, now difficult! I love a lot of characters from Indiana Jones, but let's see. (This is, of course, my opinions *without* Indy in them! You know that Indy is number one to me no matter what! :))

1: Henry Jones Sr. - Now who didn't really love Sean Connery's proformance in The Last Crusade! Now, I have always been a sucker for Father/Son interaction and Henry's adventure with Indy, and his silly and fluff-filled scenes with his boy has always made me enjoy and understand what a complex and outstanding character he really is. Totally my favorite next to Indy! Gotta love the Tank scene and the Grail temple, fluff thy name is Hendy. ;D

2: It's a tie between Marcus and Sallah. :p I think they are really fun to watch, I fell in love with them during the first movie and I think in the third I began to love them even more. "How does one get off this thing?!" "Papers? Of course! I have them right here. - Run." They are the coolest little sidekicks, and I do love Marcus' relationship with Indy and Henry. The surrogant father figure in Indy's life and all that. ;)

3: Mutt Willims/Henry Jones III! - I was seriously thinking that I wouldn't like this kid when I was first watching the fourth movie, but between the acts of "Oh, I'm such a tough guy, watch me run my mouth and pee people off.", I really saw a nice, caring character underneath it all. And when the whole "I am your father" bomb got placed on him, I seriously started to love him! He was really awesome and reminded me of what Indy could have been like as a older boy. :p The Motorcyle chase and the whole "Why don't you stick around Junior?/I don't know, why didn't you Dad?" scenes won me over. Gotta love the Jones boys. :)

Well, those are my opinions. No one has to agree with me or anything, but that's just how I roll! Woot! :hat:

kongisking

TOP THREE FAVORITE HEROES:

Indy will be, for obvious reasons, ignored.

1. Short Round (arguably the biggest hero of the franchise, even more than Dr. Jones himself!)
2. Sallah (so lovable)
3. Wu Han (poor fella)

TOP THREE FAVORITE FEMALES:

1. Willie Scott (my kind of lady: hates water and being wet, hates creepy animals, likes sex, hates chilled monkey brains, etc.)
2. Marion Ravenwood/Williams/Jones (gotta love that smile!)
3. "Love You" Student (such a brief bit of screentime, and yet makes such a huge impression)

TOP THREE FAVORITE MINOR CHARACTERS (AKA SIDEKICKS):

1. Satipo (the ancestor of Beni Gabor, George McHale, Danny DeVito's character from Romancing the Stone/Jewel of the Nile and many other "treacherous sidekicks")
2. Captain Katanga (excellent idea, appealing to the Nazis' sleazy nature by insinuating that he and his boys will sell Marion. Also is willing to have the Nazis take the Ark without any trouble, thus avoiding any uneccessary fighting and bloodshed. And, most importantly, he's a goddamn black modern-day pirate! PIRATES ROCK!!!)

TOP THREE FAVORITE VILLAINS:

1. TIE: Mola Ram and Irina Spalko (very tough decision here. On one hand, Mola was without doubt the strongest, smartest, coolest, meanest and scariest villain of the Classic Films [He had Willie and Shorty go onto the rope bridge, having anticipated Indy's plan, but not expecting him to go through with it even with his friends there to possibly fall to their deaths], and yet Spalko...what else needs to be said? Sexy accent, sexy eyes, sexy sex, sexy body, sexy sword, sexy fighting-skills, etc.)
2. Arnold Toht (even if Marion did tell him where the medallion was, he STILL would have carved her face! MEANIE!!!!!!)
3. Belloq (suave, smart, sexually irresistable to women [especially Marion], and the closest thing the Indy franchise has to a recurring villain. I mean, Star Wars has Darth Sidious!!!!!)

Doc Savage

Excluding Indy:
#1...Sallah...loyal to the end, barring asps.
#2...Henry Jones, Sr....I greatly enjoy an intellectual.
#3...Marcus...TLC rather than RotLA.

I give Mac an honorable mention. As much as I wanted to bust his chops, I was still sorry to see him go.

sgttom

In order of greatest to least. Excluding Indy of course.
1: Belloq
Just an epic enemy. In my opinion Indy's ultimate rival. Belloq just had some of the greatest lines in ROTLA. He was also a break from the stereotype Nazi's that Indy always fights.

2: Henry Jones Sr.
Sean Connery, a great actor. He got some great lines in LC and provided some good laughs.

3: Short Round
I think Shorty was one of the best parts of TOD. Funny, loyal, and just a cute kid. It was nice to see Indy as a sort of a Father figure.

Crusade>Raiders said:
He that really badass suit, and a few cool lines("And this is how we say good-bye in Germany Dr.Jones...*smack*), and he had the balls to slap James Bond not one, not two, but THREE TIMES.AND HE ABOUT TO DO ANOTHER ONE.
It should not have taken him a lot of balls to glove-slap someone who was being held at gunpoint.
Crusade>Raiders said:
Thats evil if I ever seen it.
Would it not have been more evil to torture him in a way that actually hurt him, by shooting him in the leg for instance? That scene seemed more like foreplay.

Von Stalhein said:
It should not have taken him a lot of balls to glove-slap someone who was being held at gunpoint. Would it not have been more evil to torture him in a way that actually hurt him, by shooting him in the leg for instance? That scene seemed more like foreplay.

I agree it wasn't ballsy, it seemed like he was taking a different tact...humiliation. What better way to get under the skin of an academic?

You go too far and run the possibility of him passing out...etc. especially since for all he knows, Henry is a bookworm.

Rocket Surgeon said:
I agree it wasn't ballsy, it seemed like he was taking a different tact...humiliation. What better way to get under the skin of an academic?
Good point.

Rocket Surgeon said:
You go too far and run the possibility of him passing out...etc. especially since for all he knows, Henry is a bookworm.
Perhaps that would indeed have gone too far. But he could have commanded one of his men to hit him on the legs and arms with the butt of a rifle.

Col. Detritch

I have a quick question, and I don't mean to stur up an argument. but why do so of you guys pick characters like Kazim or Katanga? They hardly apear at all, not a key role in the films! I had a hard enough time trying to chose from the key cast. I just want to know!:hat:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Col. Detritch said:
I have a quick question, and I don't mean to stur up an argument. but why do so of you guys pick characters like Kazim or Katanga? They hardly apear at all, not a key role in the films! I had a hard enough time trying to chose from the key cast. I just want to know!:hat:

Perhaps because they have a striking look or a manner that some find memorable. Like Col. Dietrich, even. (Note the spelling. We can fix that for you, if you like.)

Henry'sGirl

Top Three

Hmmm my top three

1. Indiana Jones (of course.)

2. Marcus

3. I think it's a tie between three, Sallah, Shortround, and Marina (I think thats how you spell her name...)

:whip:

Col. Detritch

Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Perhaps because they have a striking look or a manner that some find memorable. Like Col. Dietrich, even. (Note the spelling. We can fix that for you, if you like.)

I guess you're right Attila. I can't believe I was such a hypocrite!:eek:

And with the spelling, I only realised as soon as I created it! I wouldn't mind it to be changed, but I think I'll just keep the one I have now. I feel it adds off the cuff character and 'a striking look'. Thanks anyway Attila!:hat:

Gear

I guess it's mostly* the more understated characters that interest me.

The first one's a toss up between Katanga and 'Halfbread'. Both intrigue me for reasons unknown.

Marion* Well, let alone her appearance, she's feed to the audience well revealing enough but not over staying the welcome (I'm referring mostly to her act in Raiders )

Fedora (an imperfect, rugged, mysterious man of turn of-the-century America[n West?]

Shopped this the other night
Fedora.jpg