Favorite Scene In Indiana Jones 4

Agent Z

arkfinder said:
The killer bugs. Is that wrong? I just love the way that whole sceen is played out.

Not wrong at all! It's a great scene, even with the way the ants try and take the fedora down the anthill. :whip:

Darth Vile

Agent Z said:
Not wrong at all! It's a great scene, even with the way the ants try and take the fedora down the anthill. :whip:

Agree with you both. Apart from the snakes in Raiders, I think the ants are the only other beasty to make the grade in an Indy movie (even if CGI). I.e. they have a purpose other than just the "Ergghh" factor.

OH MY GOD!!! You guys actually liked that that was the worst movie i have ever seen . It wasn't like the others at all! The others had old artefacts treasures and booby trabs when this one had aliens!? It was soooooooo bad.

AtomicAge

IndyJess said:
OH MY GOD!!! You guys actually liked that that was the worst movie i have ever seen . It wasn't like the others at all! The others had old artefacts treasures and booby trabs when this one had aliens!? It was soooooooo bad.

This may have more to do with your own hang ups than anything else. If you are willing to suspend your disbelief for supernatural biblical artifacts, why is it so hard for aliens?

Personally I think aliens fit perfectly into the 1950s time period.

Doug

AtomicAge said:
This may have more to do with your own hang ups than anything else. If you are willing to suspend your disbelief for supernatural biblical artifacts, why is it so hard for aliens?

Personally I think aliens fit perfectly into the 1950s time period.

Doug

Sean Connery once stated that the only thing which might bring him out of retirement, was a 4th Indiana Jones movie.
After reading the script, he decided to stay in retirement.

And no wonder. This is just one long defamation of the original trilogy. And I can only agree with most of the comments here, regarding half assed acting, childish jokes, repetitive action scenes and most of all a plot not worthy of this great franchise.

This 4th Indiana Jones movie is only spectacular in how much it is able to NOT be an Indiana Jones movie at all.

AtomicAge

IndyJess said:
Sean Connery once stated that the only thing which might bring him out of retirement, was a 4th Indiana Jones movie.
After reading the script, he decided to stay in retirement.

And no wonder. This is just one long defamation of the original trilogy. And I can only agree with most of the comments here, regarding half assed acting, childish jokes, repetitive action scenes and most of all a plot not worthy of this great franchise.

This 4th Indiana Jones movie is only spectacular in how much it is able to NOT be an Indiana Jones movie at all.

Well I respect your opinion, but simply don't agree with it. Were the jokes really anymore childish than the gross food and belch jokes in Doom?

Doug

Where was the humour that made the first movie so good? Why did they throw together a few random, unonnected scenes rather than have an actual plot? Did they cut out bits of the movie that would have made sense of remaining scenes such as the nuclear test and the taking of Mutt's bike on the aeroplane? Why oh why did they bother?

One word.. DISGRACEFUL.. Speilberg should be ashamed.. a total waste of 2 hrs... it poorly reflects upon the franchise.. they had 19 years to find a decent script and this was the best they could come up with?

Last edited by a moderator:

AtomicAge

IndyJess said:
One word.. DISGRACEFUL.. Speilberg should be ashamed.. a total waste of 2 hrs... it poorly reflects upon the franchise.. they had 19 years to find a decent script and this was the best they could come up with?

I had no problem with the plot and I never had any trouble understanding what was going on.

Doug

Total bummer. The movie was written for children. I can't help but compare my attendance experience with this flick and The Last Crusade. I walked out of the Crusade pie-eyed and fulfilled. Not the most realistic adventure, but the Nazi menace carried it completely. GI Joe-ish Russian characters? Lame. CGI was insulting and cheesy. Forest chase was a shameless return to Return of the Jedi.

caats

"they weren't you honey"

aka the best moment since raiders

IndyJess said:
Total bummer. The movie was written for children. I can't help but compare my attendance experience with this flick and The Last Crusade. I walked out of the Crusade pie-eyed and fulfilled. Not the most realistic adventure, but the Nazi menace carried it completely. GI Joe-ish Russian characters? Lame. CGI was insulting and cheesy. Forest chase was a shameless return to Return of the Jedi.

you are a borderline troll already

Last edited by a moderator:

Udvarnoky

Darth Vile said:
Agree with you both. Apart from the snakes in Raiders, I think the ants are the only other beasty to make the grade in an Indy movie (even if CGI). I.e. they have a purpose other than just the "Ergghh" factor.

Uhhh, exactly what purpose did the critters in any of the movies have other than the "Ergghh" factor? (But no, the ants scene was definitely among my favorites of Indy4.)

James

I think the snakes in Raiders are probably the only creepy-crawly that actually served a purpose (a way to humanize Indy).

But the sequels were largely just including them to maintain a tradition (the 'gross-out' factor)...even though they still served relatively minor functions:

TOD - Heightened suspense (as an obstacle for Willie to overcome) during the spike room sequence

LC - A small character trait for Henry (which ultimately provided a laugh for the audience)

KOTCS - An extra element of danger during the Dovchenko fight; a clever nod to genre films like Them! and The Naked Jungle

Marionfan706

I liked the marion/indy scene. & def the quicksand scene. KOTCS was the first indy movie i had seen, so at the time i didnt get why he didnt like the snake. Now i feel stupid for thinking that. hehe

EddyW

The only part that gave me a real Indy vibe was the bike chase, especially when Indy gets dragged into one side of the car, smacked the guy in the face and crawled out on the other side onto Mutts bike. Also the part where Indy and Mutt walk together at the marketplace, just talking. I also liked the discovery of the corpses underneath the graveyard, when that one guys face just falls apart.

Benraianajones

I actually like when Mutt and Indy are in the cemetary, and there is a cobweb covering a skull and a hole with the switch inside it. For a moment, as the cobweb was slightly moving in and out, with the sound effect it felt rather haunting and eerie - a feeling I think the movie could have used a bit more of.

I like when Irina enters the skeleton chamber too and expresses how beautiful it is, reminded me of Belloq and Donovan.