Broncos, Wine, and the True Spirit of All that is Good.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Von Miller gives every player in AFC West custom bottle of wine, Thank You note

It is an honor and a privilege to take the field and compete with you twice a year. We are so fortunate to have this opportunity to fulfill our childhood dreams of playing in the NFL. The blood, sweat, aches and pains, and endless hours spent watching film are a testament to the love and dedication we have for this game. So take a moment, reflect on all your successes, and enjoy your accomplishment. Appreciate those who have helped you get this far, and start working towards your next childhood dream.

Thank you for helping to make our game great!

— Von Miller

Leave it to a Bronco to put everything in perspective.

That is Classy as F**K. Makes me want to support DevilProof Vineyards too.

Anyone ever have one of their wines?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Yes, I'm posting a 2nd message. Sigh.

Here's the wine in particular If you want to Pre-Order it at $85.00 a pop.

I will be. It'll taste good with their Back-2-Back this year.

wine.jpg

Finn

Staff member
I dunno about you, but I ain't doing for him something he can do himself.

Joe Brody

[with good humor snarky energy], why just merge the posts when this whole thread could be merged into the What Wine to Whine About Thread or the NFL (Broncos?) thread.

We don't need both Bronco and Wine creep in this establishment.

Pale Horse said:
Leave it to a Bronco to put everything in perspective.

That is Classy as F**K.

. . .and I don't even know where to begin with this.

I'll just say that an oft told story in Pittsburgh is that when Chuck Noll would meet with a player he was about to cut he would begin the conversation by telling them that it was time for them to begin their life's work.

Now THAT's perspective.

Customized wine? Very 1%-ish.

Last edited:

Joe Brody

. . . though I would add that I totally agree that giving the wine to competitors and players (who on average only spend about 3 years in the NFL) is indeed classy.

[I confess to having felt a pang of jealousy when first reading this -- as a fan of an AFC North team (with, IMO, the AFC North being one of the sewer divisions) with a QB with an earned reputation in the League.] Cheers!

Pale Horse

Staff member
Everyone sees through my ruse. This post is mostly in jest, to trash-talk my NFL competition, bring something other than Indy talk to a temporarily quite forum.

But that being said, 2016 has been nothing if not eventful. I truly like Von's message to his 'friends'. Essentially, we play a game and we're blessed, in spite of all the craziness around us.

He worked had with Ware to change his direction in life. He started down the wrong path and got corrected. I think he's grateful. It's a nice message hidden in all of it.

To that end, I'm grateful for this forum and all of you. And yes, healthy competition is indeed good. Iron sharpens Iron.

roundshort

If anyone wants customized wine let me know. I will happily blend it for you and create whatever you want. And Joe, it is not 1%, more like 4%....

Joe Brody

roundshort said:
. . . more like 4%....

[jokingly]so says the man from the state with like (according to the President elect's camp) 3 million illegal voters.

Just love that alt right press.

[and yes, I got the 4% jest -- but I thought you liked your percentages higher]

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
If anyone wants customized wine let me know. I will happily blend it for you and create whatever you want. And Joe, it is not 1%, more like 4%....

I so gotta see you stomping in a oak barrel.