• Steele and Jones

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Bill Kelso

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other (post about it below)

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters

Drones33

The jackets Ive bought over the last 10 years;Top left, First one I bought in about 2007, Wested OTR Raiders goatskin. Bottom right, most recent, Custom LC in dark brown novapelle. Ended up ebaying most over the years in my search for that perfect Indy jacket. Still searching.
jacket_collection_1_by_00177840-dbcbewz.jpg

Major West

Drones33, you should check out Magnoli's new white label adventure jacket. Hero Raiders style. Comes in a thin distressed dark cow hide. Tempted myself, but I'm satisfied with how my latest jacket turned out.

Anyway, my most recent jacket. Hero jacket in Wested current Goatskin. Size 40 to allow for comfort and an extra winter layer. 24" sleeves 24" back.

Drones33

dakota said:
very nice collection, is any of the jackets the Raiders Hero at all.
Yup, middle one, top row ( bought it second hand, WAY too long), first one second row, ( got it from Westeds clearance , bit too small with VERY long sleeves, they're rolled up in this shot,) and the second one, bottom row. Got the sizing not-quite right. Close, but not quite.

Major your new goat Hero looks spot on. I'll give the new Magnoli a look, thanks for the heads up.(y)

dakota

thanks Drones, they all look great.

I am probably going to purchase a wested hero in shrunken lamb in either a size 44 or 46 reg depending, I will be using my custom raiders size 46 for the sleeve and back length measurements but not the chest measurements as the jacket is too big on me in that area.

My question is, could any wested hero owners in either a 44 or 46 supply their jacket measurements (due to the raiders odd fit) as I don't want to order that jacket and have it too long on the sleeves and the back length which seems to be the common issue with the jacket.

Measurements required -

1) Shoulder length from the side of the collar base to the shoulder/sleeve seam (this will help choose the correct sleeve length so as not too long)

2) Back length from the base of the collar to the bottom of the jacket (so I don't order too long)

3) Pit to Pit measurement across the front of the jacket when zipped (this will help me pick the correct chest size - I know wested won't use this measurement anymore so I thought i'd ask on here for help)

I am around 5' 10/11" with a chest size of 112cm / 44" reg, the reason I ask for this measurement is that from what i have read, wested allow for layering with a jumper in their chest measurements which will probably make the jacket too big as all I would be wearing under the jacket would be either a shirt or t-shirt so would like to size accordingly.

Thanks chaps for you help. :)

Blackadder

My first Wested jacket is on the way as I speak. I ordered Crusade version in goatskin. Just hoping my usual jacket size (44) will suit me fine.

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Blackadder said:
My first Wested jacket is on the way as I speak. I ordered Crusade version in goatskin. Just hoping my usual jacket size (44) will suit me fine.

How come you didn't gave your measurements? I did it 18 years ago and the jacket fitted like a glove. I have it all these years and I'm sending it back these days to change the lining.

Blackadder

Sakis said:
How come you didn't gave your measurements? I did it 18 years ago and the jacket fitted like a glove. I have it all these years and I'm sending it back these days to change the lining.
Well I read somewhere that making a custom jacket makes thing complicated for both the seller and me, that it usually doesn't end up the way you imagined it. I took my measures carefully and concluded that 44 size is the way to go, plus one person with similar constitution as mine said the same. Every other jacket that i own is size 44, tried one that is 42 and 46 , and it was small or too big and also wested makes a bit of space in the chest area as I have read so 44 is best bet. There is always that fear of ordering clothes online that it wont fit, but I am pretty confident that it will be ok, and hey ! Worst case I will send it back for a different size.

Last edited:

Glenville86

You should be fine. I wear a 48L suit jacket and a Wested in 48 fits fine. I do usually order a size 50 from them as I like a more loose fit. Just a personal preference on my part. The one 48 from them I own fits fine.

Blackadder

Glenville86 said:
You should be fine. I wear a 48L suit jacket and a Wested in 48 fits fine. I do usually order a size 50 from them as I like a more loose fit. Just a personal preference on my part. The one 48 from them I own fits fine.
Great to hear, should be here on tuesday, cant wait.

Blackadder

Well here it is, my first Wested jacket, this is a Crusade goatskin version and I must say I am lost at words....

The jacket is amazing and my standard 44 size fits like a glove, I think the Raiders in lambskin is next.

19551099_1953017804935702_289460024_n.jpg

19511010.jpg

Blackadder

Yes, I am kinda hooked on these now. After reading this topic and Wested's wordpress page it seems that the Raider jacket is slightly shorter in the shoulders in comparison to the Crusade. So I recon I should be ordering a custom Raiders with a half an inch in the shoulders and sleeve to be the same dimensions as my Crusade. Also, I was considering shrunken lamb for a Temple of Doom jacket, and as I have read here they are a bit looser fit, so that one should be reduced by a bit from my standard size ? Any help would be appreciative. :hat:

Blackadder

Blackadder said:
Yes, I am kinda hooked on these now. After reading this topic and Wested's wordpress page it seems that the Raider jacket is slightly shorter in the shoulders in comparison to the Crusade. So I recon I should be ordering a custom Raiders with a half an inch in the shoulders and sleeve to be the same dimensions as my Crusade. Also, I was considering shrunken lamb for a Temple of Doom jacket, and as I have read here they are a bit looser fit, so that one should be reduced by a bit from my standard size ? Any help would be appreciative. :hat:

And if someone more knowlegeable has a different skin recommendation for ToD jacket in terms of accuracy and fit, I am eager to listen.:hat:

Glenville86

I really did not change the sizes on my ToD, Raider and LC. The Hero Jacket, I went shorter in the back and 1-inch off the sleeves.

Just moved from a large house in Germany to a smaller house in Reston, VA. Did not have enough space for my massive jacket collection and fedora collection. Had to drop off several jackets and hats in the charity bin close to the house.........:(

Still have a healthy collection of both though. Did not realize I had accumulated so much until I had to fit 2 big walk-in closets into 2 small bedroom closets. Wife would not let me store the excess in the basement.....

Blackadder

Glenville86 said:
My ToD is in horsehide. Good winter jacket. For more seasonal wear, I would have gone with the dark goat.
Currently they have lambskin and goatskin for ToD , but they do have a heavy duty horsehide for raiders. Maybe I will go with a lambskin for ToD for lighter wear, and raiders for winter action.

Major West

ToD is the most tailored jacket (slim fit). So you don't want to size down on that, size up if anything. Authentic Lamb or Shrunken Lamb is a good choice for accuracy.

I don't see why an off the rack Raiders wouldn't fit you. It should, but you might want to order a custom Raiders for different skins, or extra inside pocket etc.

The Hero jacket is different fitting again, based on Fords measurements. Can be tricky to get right. Probably easier to get the ToD right, but they only three skins on that at the moment.

Blackadder

Major West said:
ToD is the most tailored jacket (slim fit). So you don't want to size down on that, size up if anything. Authentic Lamb or Shrunken Lamb is a good choice for accuracy.

I don't see why an off the rack Raiders wouldn't fit you. It should, but you might want to order a custom Raiders for different skins, or extra inside pocket etc.

The Hero jacket is different fitting again, based on Fords measurements. Can be tricky to get right. Probably easier to get the ToD right, but they only three skins on that at the moment.

Was thinking of getting a half an inch longer sleeve after seeing this picture of wested below and also as they quote:

The RAIDERS actually has a smaller shoulder, the CRUSADE shoulder is a “sloping” shoulder. This changes the fit and causes the Raiders to look like the more tailored jacket and the Crusade to fit bigger gentleman better due to the slight allowance.

And since it is more fitted, going for a half inch longer sleeves seems reasonable thing to do plus I am more of a broad shouldered guy. Also on both raider and ToD jacket I am thinking of goind 28" back length, the crusader one I have is 27.5" and as I was reading here, the ToD to be a bit longer is screen accurate. So if doing it custom I would go half and inch on sleeves and back length, think it will be the closest then to my Crusade looser fit which is perfect.

captur10.jpg

Also here is picture which Drones33 supplied, the difference in fit between raiders and crusade, presuming they are the same size, the raides is evidently more fitted, so I am leaning more towards the more loose crusade look. Now I am thinking if I should go for even 1 inch extra on sleeves or will it be too much ?

fit_1_1_by_00177840-db1ekkz.jpg

Last edited: